From the beach in Israel on 70th Independence Day
1628 21 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

This is the result of 10 mins Mavic Air flying after we earlier watched a short airshow and fly past by the Israeli Air Force. I did NOT put the drone up in the air for that (thought about it....)

Still got a lot of things to learn especially about colour grading (I'm a little bothered by red-green colour blindness) but generally I'm starting to enjoy editing drone footage.
2018-4-22
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nice footage! There is one short section at the 18 sec mark that is uber red, but the rest is pretty good (maybe dial back the red a touch). I enjoyed watching though
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-22
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

forbsie Posted at 2018-4-22 21:50
Nice footage! There is one short section at the 18 sec mark that is uber red, but the rest is pretty good (maybe dial back the red a touch). I enjoyed watching though

I have a sneaking suspicion that I double applied the LUT in one cut in Final Cut Pro X but thanks. I’m trying to work with LUTs from people who can actually see a full range of colours properly.
2018-4-22
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

brianoflondon Posted at 2018-4-22 22:27
I have a sneaking suspicion that I double applied the LUT in one cut in Final Cut Pro X but thanks. I’m trying to work with LUTs from people who can actually see a full range of colours properly.

Good luck, and keep at it. Look forward to your next one. Cheers
2018-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
Are you allowed to fly in these places in Israel?
(so close to many people?)
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool vid     
2018-4-23
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-23 00:29
Nice video!
Are you allowed to fly in these places in Israel?
(so close to many people?)

I haven’t found specific rules saying you can’t and I’m somewhat hesitant and careful. I would suspect that until something bad happens publicly or someone kicks up a real stink, it’s going to be OK if those of us doing it are careful.
2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

brianoflondon Posted at 2018-4-23 00:50
I haven’t found specific rules saying you can’t and I’m somewhat hesitant and careful. I would suspect that until something bad happens publicly or someone kicks up a real stink, it’s going to be OK if those of us doing it are careful.

Not sure if this is official, but https://www.tomstechtime.com/israeldronerules here crowds of people are listed as 'banned for drones'.

2018-4-23
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-23 01:18
Not sure if this is official, but https://www.tomstechtime.com/israeldronerules here crowds of people are listed as 'banned for drones'.

Yes, I was wondering what constitutes a “crowd”. Certainly I wouldn’t have flown it over the crowd watching the Independence Day fireworks the night before.

The prohibition on the entire area of Jerusalem, Judea & Samaria (West Bank) is also rather silly. A friend of mine has been regularly live streaming flights of a Mavic Pro from the outskirts of Jerusalem for months.

I suspect I’d be quickly rounded up if I tried flying it over the Temple Mount or pretty much anywhere in the Old City but I’m also pretty sure I could get permission there if I were to try (except the Temple Mount).

I’m old enough to remember back 20 years when they would instruct you NOT to try to take photographs from the windows of commercial jet liners (though of course that was before cellphone cameras). There used to be widespread prohibitions on arial photography but those have all evaporated.
2018-4-23
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Nice video!
2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

brianoflondon Posted at 2018-4-23 01:30
Yes, I was wondering what constitutes a “crowd”. Certainly I wouldn’t have flown it over the crowd watching the Independence Day fireworks the night before.

The prohibition on the entire area of Jerusalem, Judea & Samaria (West Bank) is also rather silly. A friend of mine has been regularly live streaming flights of a Mavic Pro from the outskirts of Jerusalem for months.

Here in NL it is over 12 people. (a crowd)
2018-4-23
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer

Nice video l didn’t think you would be allowed to fly there
2018-4-23
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

Nice video, I agree too, you're not allowed to fly above people. the problem is that if something goes wrong you're not able to handle it and it can fall down on someone. Please be careful or laws will be always more restrictive all over the world if people do like this, and we will not fly anymore or with more restrictive laws.
2018-4-23
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Reds are good and also the green if look at the sea. Only some frames have jerky movement. Thanks
2018-4-23
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice video, like others I would do a little research prior to flying, you never know the police just might not be so understanding and arrest you or confiscate your drone.
2018-4-23
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-23 03:17
Nice video, like others I would do a little research prior to flying, you never know the police just might not be so understanding and arrest you or confiscate your drone.

+1  In addition, you may be risking injury or damage for no good reason.   Don’t assume or presume.  
2018-4-23
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1  In addition, you may be risking injury or damage for no good reason.   Don’t assume or presume.  
2018-4-23
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

lol. too funny
2018-4-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Nice video, I miss the beach at Tel Aviv it is a lovely place. A bit to much of red though
2018-4-23
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Great video. I have the same issues with red-green and brown. For me the color was great..Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-23
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

I signed up to go for training with the the Israeli Drone Club about the specifics of rules in Israel. II probably won’t be repeating a flight like that. Way too crowded. I suspect if I stayed over the sea I could have got very similar footage though.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules