Osmo Mobile battery not charging (lights not blinking)
4335 11 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobo Le F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey there, I got my Osmo Mobile last August and only opened it today. Trying to charg the battery on my macpro but the lights don't go on. I can't change the thing as it's a gift from more than 6 months ago. Is there a place in London where I can take it to test if the problem is the battery or the gimbal?
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bobo, sorry for the trouble caused, it also could be the charging cable, please find the nearest recommended repair center for assistance, or you can also send in the device to DJI official repair center for further evaluation.
2018-4-23
Use props
Bobo Le F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So, there's nothing I can do myself to test it or try anything else? You think it's faulty - either the cable, the battery, the gimbal, or all? Is that correct? Thanks!
2018-4-23
Use props
Bobo Le F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 02:45
Hi Bobo, sorry for the trouble caused, it also could be the charging cable, please find the nearest recommended repair center for assistance, or you can also send in the device to DJI official repair center for further evaluation.

So, there's nothing I can do myself to test it or try anything else? You think it's faulty - either the cable, the battery, the gimbal, or all? Is that correct? Thanks!
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bobo Le F Posted at 2018-4-23 03:37

I would like to know if the device can be turned on? If yes, what is the color of the right indicator? Is it red or green? If it is red, please try to clean the battery contact and the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with the alcohol. Besides, please try to pull out the charging cable a little bit or turn the cable to see if there is any response. If the issue persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evalution..
2018-4-23
Use props
Bobo Le F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 07:02
I would like to know if the device can be turned on? If yes, what is the color of the right indicator? Is it red or green? If it is red, please try to clean the battery contact and the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with the alcohol. Besides, please try to pull out the charging cable a little bit or turn the cable to see if there is any response. If the issue persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evalution..

The device doesn't turn on at all.  I will send it back. Thanks.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bobo Le F Posted at 2018-4-23 22:56
The device doesn't turn on at all.  I will send it back. Thanks.

Sorry for the trouble caused, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2018-4-24
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

I had the same issue and this charger works https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B ... OxmL&ref=plSrch
2018-4-24
Use props
Bobo Le F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2018-4-24 10:05
I had the same issue and this charger works https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0759D41DR/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1524592969&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=samsung+fast+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=41PhAfgOxmL&ref=plSrch

Thanks.  I've seen this is a very common issue with the osmos, but they are supposed to charge when plugged into macs right?
2018-4-25
Use props
Bobo Le F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 03:19
Sorry for the trouble caused, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.

Thanks.  I've seen this is a very common issue with the osmos, but they are supposed to charge when plugged into macs right?
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bobo Le F Posted at 2018-4-25 08:21

Yes, the voltage and the current of the USB port in the computer are supported, it should work when plugging into Macs.
2018-4-26
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Bobo Le F Posted at 2018-4-25 08:20

as i said use a fast charger, the one i linked above, and it will work
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules