3518 4 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Greetings all.

I did a little search here on the forum but could not find a response that matched my thought.....

So is there any chance that we could see 60FPS with the Spark?  If the processor cannot handle it, then how about 720p at 60FPS?  

I am new to all this dronia so wondering if that's something that would ever be considered in a firmware update?

2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello
There must be 1001 requests considering the framerate of Spark already.
In short : NO
Long answer : get the Mavic Air.
Serious answer : Some DJI admins have stated different framerate options are NOT on the roadmap for Spark. So I very much doubt this.
They rather have you buy one of the more advanced drones.
2018-4-23
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-23 10:04
Hello
There must be 1001 requests considering the framerate of Spark already.
In short : NO

Well, I get what you're saying about the upsell, but seeing as they downscale already from 4k to1080 for stabilization, I was figuring there might be a technical way to rob peter to give to paul on the rate.  Not the end of the world, just sniffing about.
2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Northwood Posted at 2018-4-23 11:29
Well, I get what you're saying about the upsell, but seeing as they downscale already from 4k to1080 for stabilization, I was figuring there might be a technical way to rob peter to give to paul on the rate.  Not the end of the world, just sniffing about.

Who told you they downscale for stabilization?
That is only a small part of the outer frame (you can see the difference when you switch from photo to video mode while your drone is sitting on the ground etc.).
The rest of the pixels is 'just' dropped.

DJI does downscale the footage to get to 1080, but not only for stabilization. That makes no sense.
If that would be the case, they would have a far longer focal length (equivalent) than Spark now has since they could only use a small 1920x1080 part of the sensor.
Making their focal length more like around 50mm I would say.

I do believe most of the Spark's internal components will be able to handle the 60fps datastream, but they clearly advertised the Spark as a 'selfie' drone. And most 'pro' features did not make it to that level...
Unfortunately.
If Spark would have 25fps I would have bought it.
It seems like a good combination of size, price and quality to me!
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, spark only has 1920×1080 30p, no other frame rates supported.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules