Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Like said a 1000 times before:

could you, DJI, make the drone fly allways forward during grid missions? I's just a few lines of code to write
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, just to verify, by Grid missions, do you mean the Virtual Fence Mission in GS Pro? More details would be appreciated.
2018-4-24
Use props
fans3593671f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>

No dji mindy he means in 3d map mode. At the moment it flies very second line backwards. You need to be able to keep the aircraft flying forward at all times. It’s been asked so many times is frustrating. Make it the same as Drone deploy and all the other mapping apps. It’s not a big ask. You can change your heading in waypoint mode, but not 3d mapping mode.
The latest update that was released today still has the problem. I’m happy to pay for it I have too. Just do it for the people that have invested a heap of money on your equipment.
2018-4-24
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 02:46
Hi there, just to verify, by Grid missions, do you mean the Virtual Fence Mission in GS Pro? More details would be appreciated.

No, I mean 3D map mode, sorry for the mistake.

And as asked so many times befor, in GSPRO 3D miission let the drone fly in flight direction all the time, not backward any second line. It's very important for mapping missions.

2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansceff17c6 Posted at 2018-4-24 05:13
No, I mean 3D map mode, sorry for the mistake.

And as asked so many times befor, in GSPRO 3D miission let the drone fly in flight direction all the time, not backward any second line. It's very important for mapping missions.

Thanks for your clarification, your request has been forwarded to out developers for attention and consideration, hope it will be available one day and you will have a better experience with our product.
2018-4-25
Use props
Grinde81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221959 ft
Sweden

Hi!
For me personally, I prefer the heading the way it is now. I find it way easier to orient & reference the photos when reviewing the data since every photo is pointing in the same direction/heading no matter the direction of flight, instead of turning 180 every leg, which would be confusing when reviewing the photos of an unfamiliar location.
So if this will be implemented, I'd definately prefer that it's made available as an optional feature.

Just my 5 cents
2018-5-14
Use props
fans3be3800c
New
Flight distance : 93632 ft
United States

Having the camera always pointed the same direction relative to north  (as it is currently implemented in GSpro) makes camera calibration errors in SFM mapping worse and increases the potential for the well known "bowl" distortion of topographic surfaces.   When the drone is pointed in the direction of flight (as requested) these calibration errors tend to cancel out and the results are better.  We have tested this extensively with exactly the same flights and photo spacing, just one mission the drone turns, in other it doesn't. In the missions  where the drone is oriented in the flight direction fewer GCPs are needed to produce an accurate map.

This is an important feature and should be implemented as soon as possible!
2018-5-31
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

I really can't belive that DJI denies to make that option.

Why don't you guys from DJI just look at the way other flight planiing apps like Pix4D does the smooth turns and make it the same?

And adding terrain awareness would be also a too huge problem, or not?
2018-5-31
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI do you have any updates on this? I am flying fixed cameras, as do many of your 3rd party developers do and we fix the camera at a given pitch to compensate for forward flight. Since you do not allow other app developers to trigger 3rd party cameras through the F channels it is a must that we use Ground Station Pro (GSP) but without heading control it is useless with these types of camera mounts. This is such a simple addition to what you already have available inside GSP. You even have it in other mods of GSP so why not in 3D Map Mode?

Every time I try to build custom systems using all DJI and using DJI apps I am always back handed with some ridiculous roadblock that should be SIMPLE to fix and help out the real professionals doing the important work with drones. DJI Enterprise?!?!?!?!?! Help us!

2018-7-15
Use props
cws_shepardb
lvl.2
United States

DroneMapperGuy Posted at 2018-7-15 15:12
DJI do you have any updates on this? I am flying fixed cameras, as do many of your 3rd party developers do and we fix the camera at a given pitch to compensate for forward flight. Since you do not allow other app developers to trigger 3rd party cameras through the F channels it is a must that we use Ground Station Pro (GSP) but without heading control it is useless with these types of camera mounts. This is such a simple addition to what you already have available inside GSP. You even have it in other mods of GSP so why not in 3D Map Mode?

Every time I try to build custom systems using all DJI and using DJI apps I am always back handed with some ridiculous roadblock that should be SIMPLE to fix and help out the real professionals doing the important work with drones. DJI Enterprise?!?!?!?!?! Help us!

I have a similar issue.  I'm flying a M210 with a X4S and a SlantRange 3PX.  The SlantRange has a fixed mount that provides near NADIR orientation, but only when flying forward.  Backward flight is unacceptable in these situations.  Minimally, an option to force forward flight would be greatly appreciated.  I've never had the need, but I'd prefer to re-orient photos rather than fly one path with a sensor at -90 degrees and the next at -60 degrees.  That's no good for a mapping mission.

I'm running out of flight app options, GS Pro flies backwards, Pix4D has a new gimbal yaw issue that they blame on the DJI SDK (apparently Litchi has the same issue).  Seems like it shouldn't be so difficult to find a gridded mission app that keeps the cameras and the drone aligned, and flies in a single direction.  Currently forced to use Drone Deploy.
2018-7-26
Use props
fans3593671f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>

New update has this..... about bloody time
2018-7-30
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3593671f Posted at 2018-7-30 02:41
New update has this..... about bloody time

Is that done with "course aligned"?
2018-10-12
Use props
fansc56ca314
lvl.1

Canada

Where is this setting hidden in GS Pro? I’d love to know how to get it to fly forward all the time.
2019-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules