Backlight issue on CS Ultra
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wildtales
lvl.2
Hungary

Hi there!

Today after about 10 minutes flying with our Mavic Pro on 7.85" Ultrabright the CS became very warm and had a black screen midflight.
I had to initiate RTH on the remote controller.

Later even after the CS cooled down there was no display that I could see.
I realised that the CS was still "working" but the blacklight was out. With a flashlight I could read the screen (barely) so I rebooted it several times and I also updated it to the latest, even changed the battery.
Nothing has changed. Seems that the CS is now a useless brick.
As we are professional wildlife filmakers and using the CS on our inspire2 too and we are on location now, we need urgent help!

Anybody, any idea?

2018-4-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Based on all CS screen problems, doubt this will work.  But you got nothing to loose by trying.
Shutdown your CS (power it off).  Remove the battery.  Let your CS cool completely down.
Reinstall battery and power it back on.

In mean time, get your hands on a Smartdevice (iPhone, iPad, android tablet or phone), load DJI GO 4 app, and dig out correct RC USB to Smartdevice USB cord.  
Make up what ever kind of sun screen shield you can.
Cause chances are, this is what you are going to end up using to complete your filming.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-23
Use props
wildtales
lvl.2
Hungary

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-23 12:48
Based on all CS screen problems, doubt this will work.  But you got nothing to loose by trying.
Shutdown your CS (power it off).  Remove the battery.  Let your CS cool completely down.
Reinstall battery and power it back on.

Ten hours of cooling did not help. (not) Surprisingly.
We are back on the smartdevice style as the offical solution will take weeks (see DJI Diana's reply).

(...and the CS was kinda new. It has been used less than 15 hours total.)
2018-4-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

wildtales Posted at 2018-4-23 23:45
Ten hours of cooling did not help. (not) Surprisingly.
We are back on the smartdevice style as the offical solution will take weeks (see DJI Diana's reply).

Sorry to hear that.  
But it was kind of expected.  Still worth a try given your circumstances.

For future, all I can suggest is to find a backup Smartdevice to carry when using CrystalSky.
Perhaps DJI Goggles or Epson Moverio BT-300fpv glasses?
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules