Lots of apps open with no inflight issues
568 5 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

I flew my Spark for a quick couple of minutes to get some shots of the area my horse was in.  Turned out that eight or so apps were open on my iPhone 6 at the same time as the DJI Go 4 app.  There were no issues and I didn't notice until after the flight.  The apps were the usual subjects of Photos, Messages, Settings, Podcasts, Music, Living Earth, etc.  This goes against the normal system knowledge that we need to shut off everything to fly.  And, I forgot my bluetooth fitbit was on my wrist.  I did check that the drone icon in the lower left matched the orientation of the actual drone.  Good to go.

No issues.  No fly away.  So, why did it fly fine?  Flown fairly close at 100 feet or less and about 40 feet down to 12 feet of height.

I normally kill the video recording early so I don't forget to stop it before turning off the drone, and lose the video.  My horse came over to lean over my shoulder to check out the controller as I landed the Spark in my hand.  Standing behind me with his nose right by the controller as I held down the left stick to land in my hand with the drone camera facing me.  Once it landed, I held it for him to sniff.  He satisfied himself that it was not a treat.  Good boy.  Would have been a great end to the video.  Might have to rethink it and keep the video running to after it has landed.  

I think I have lost a video by turning off with the recording going but I have also recently still had a video when I turned it off with it still recording.  Turning it off while recording just resulted in wierd colored lines as the video ended.

2018-4-23
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Not sure about your video,, however a lovely story about your horse..
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please turn off the bluetooth device before flight next time. Glad that your drone is safe and what a cute horse!
2018-4-24
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

I find it a bit a fuzz about BT, people turn it off just in case so it can't be blamed if something goes wrong.
I suppose your AC-RC connection was probably on 5.8 GHz, BT uses 2.4 and nowadays it rarely communicates with (especially continuously - like audio) with any devices. Your fitbit is BLE aka bluetooth low energy, it is impossible that it would mess with WIFI any way especially for you on FCC range. It is much more likely that BT fails due to strong WIFI than other way around.
Probably turning off BT would eliminate your ability to listen music on a really old BT headset while flying... not a real use-case.
2018-4-24
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

munchausen Posted at 2018-4-24 00:35
I find it a bit a fuzz about BT, people turn it off just in case so it can't be blamed if something goes wrong.
I suppose your AC-RC connection was probably on 5.8 GHz, BT uses 2.4 and nowadays it rarely communicates with (especially continuously - like audio) with any devices. Your fitbit is BLE aka bluetooth low energy, it is impossible that it would mess with WIFI any way especially for you on FCC range. It is much more likely that BT fails due to strong WIFI than other way around.
Probably turning off BT would eliminate your ability to listen music on a really old BT headset while flying... not a real use-case.

Yes, it was on 5.8ghz.  It was too busy on 2.4ghz for the Spark to reliably get a channel.  The Spark just works reliably as an RC aircraft with little fuss.  Not sure that Elektra is right about the horse being cute.  He just wants his own Spark.  

Standing next to me and checking out the odd bird last year.  Had to shoo him since he was getting close to the props:
2018-4-24
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-24 07:26
Yes, it was on 5.8ghz.  It was too busy on 2.4ghz for the Spark to reliably get a channel.  The Spark just works reliably as an RC aircraft with little fuss.  Not sure that Elektra is right about the horse being cute.  He just wants his own Spark.  

Standing next to me and checking out the odd bird last year.  Had to shoo him since he was getting close to the props:

"Curiosity makes us human" and him a horse Great shot.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules