Phantom 3 Controller Charging Issue
48152 50 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Urci
lvl.1

Turkey

mark@jhmi.edu Posted at 2016-2-25 17:58
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced controller that won't charge straight out of the box.

This problem is on the spectrum of charge failure. Batteries charge fine. The remote will indicate one white blinking light to charge but will never continue charging beyond 20-30 seconds, even in the absence of any movement of the cord, ie it's not becoming loose.

I have the same issue..... So what happened with yours? Did you solved ?
2017-1-8
Use props
mpasidu.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2347369 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

This problem is on the spectrum of charge failure. Batteries charge fine. The remote will indicate one white blinking light to charge but will never continue charging beyond 20-30 seconds, even in the absence of any movement of the cord, ie it's not becoming loose.

If you unplug and replug, it re-activates the charge, again for 20-30 seconds.

I also have the same issue with a P 4 remote, any updates ?
2017-1-26
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3727782 ft
Australia

Yeah me to , P4 ,  it's frustrating annoying I would have thought there's enough people out there with the same problem there would be a solution or something by now.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans50b8c0a7 Posted at 2017-2-23 22:37
Yeah me to , P4 ,  it's frustrating annoying I would have thought there's enough people out there with the same problem there would be a solution or something by now.

If the firmware is up to date, then you would want to consider sending the RC in for service. The Support Team at support@dji.com can help you out with a possible replacement. If you just got the unit recently, then you would want to look into an exchange.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans4f4b8123
New

United States

How do I turn off this damn controller
2017-6-7
Use props
Cartographic
New

United States

We have recently developed this same issue after the controller charged up fully as it should for months. Now it will only charge to about half full then shuts off. I am searching for a fix and so far this thread is all I could find. If the rotate-the-plug method doesn't work we will try to get a return. Problem is that we purchased it from Best Buy and they won't take the return at this point so hoping DJI will honor the one year manufacturers warranty.
2017-10-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Just to be sure ... is this a P3 Adv / Pro or a P3 Standard ?
I know its in the Pro / Adv section of the forum - but not first time wrong section for a question.

Reason I ask is that I have both Pro and Standard. The Pro of course has the charge lead from the supplied charger ...

BUT the Standard uses a mini USB cable from a mobile phone charger or PC. I found that like with mobile phones - some cables just did not work and I had to be careful which USB cable I used to charge.

Just a thought ...

Nigel
2017-10-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Somehow my P3P controller battery was so low it wouldn't power on.  Not sure how that happened.  I charged it up and it took exactly three hours with my 100 watt P3P charger.

This thread is for the P3A/P controller.  There are two clues.  The first is that the thread was made in May 2015, three months before the P3S was released.  The second clue is they talk about "rotating" the plug while it's in the charger which can only be the P3A/P charger.  Hope this helps.

2017-12-12
Use props
Mindia
New

United Kingdom

Same issue, 1 blinking LED on controller and beeping all the time, Go App shows controller battery 0%. I took of battery out of controller, connected it to LED string for a 24 hours, and it works. Wait until battery gets low, then put it back to controller. Connected charger and it's been charging for about 4-5 hours(blinking 1 LED all that time), tested with multimeter, it shows 8.04V. So I guess battery is fully charged, but controller still beeping and Go App saying 0%. Any advice? Thanks.

P.S. Phantom 3 Advance.
2018-2-1
Use props
uwbatman
New
Flight distance : 10538 ft
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba

Mindia Posted at 2018-2-1 08:06
Same issue, 1 blinking LED on controller and beeping all the time, Go App shows controller battery 0%. I took of battery out of controller, connected it to LED string for a 24 hours, and it works. Wait until battery gets low, then put it back to controller. Connected charger and it's been charging for about 4-5 hours(blinking 1 LED all that time), tested with multimeter, it shows 8.04V. So I guess battery is fully charged, but controller still beeping and Go App saying 0%. Any advice? Thanks.

P.S. Phantom 3 Advance.

I have the same issue.  1 blinking LED on the controller for about half a minute then no more LED.  Took battery out and measure it has 8.48V
2018-3-24
Use props
mạnh kêtu
New

Vietnam

uwbatman Posted at 2018-3-24 11:34
I have the same issue.  1 blinking LED on the controller for about half a minute then no more LED.  Took battery out and measure it has 8.48V

I have the same situation as you, but this problem has not been resolved. please help me
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules