Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

Hello friends.
I was thinking of buying the Tello..
just wondering.. What is this little cute drone used for?
is it just fun flying or for beginners? i have flowned drones many time. but i love the way it looks and how simple it is.
i have the spark, phantom 2 vision plus, phantom 3 4K, and S900..  (DJI product.. But have many others products..)

So please help me do decide if i should buy one or not?

2018-4-24
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

There's a really good hands on here.

I'd be tempted to say yes - especially when you incorporate the Scratch coding stuff.

Means you can really practice flying indoors with something that won't cause too much damage / hurt your wallet too much if it gets damaged itself!
2018-4-24
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Barney2k Posted at 2018-4-24 01:50
There's a really good hands on here.

I'd be tempted to say yes - especially when you incorporate the Scratch coding stuff.

so it is good for inddoor use?
and how is the camera with only wifi connection? does it lag or is it smooth..?
2018-4-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I have the Tello. It's probably the best drone for indoor flying, because it hovers in place and as long as it has visual avoidance. The one big drawback of Tello is its camera quality.  
2018-4-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Ryze should have equipped the Tello with a better camera. I know it's considered a toy, but I would have paid $150 to have crisp image quality than $100 not to.
2018-4-24
Use props
OhTello
lvl.3
Sweden

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-24 15:31
Ryze should have equipped the Tello with a better camera. I know it's considered a toy, but I would have paid $150 to have crisp image quality than $100 not to.

You can add an action cam SQ12, 17g, for 1920x1080 videos.
2018-4-24
Use props
OhTello
lvl.3
Sweden

2018-4-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

it defeats the easy convenience.
2018-4-24
Use props
OhTello
lvl.3
Sweden

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-24 17:26
it defeats the easy convenience.

Haha, but it has microSD ! No transfer to phone necessary - 100% advantage.

2018-4-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

OhTello Posted at 2018-4-25 03:22
Haha, but it has microSD ! No transfer to phone necessary - 100% advantage.

[view_image]

I rather fly my Spark indoors and hover in the same spot recording high quality video as the risk of crashing and damaging something is less doing the same indoor flying with the Spark.
2018-4-25
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-24 15:29
I have the Tello. It's probably the best drone for indoor flying, because it hovers in place and as long as it has visual avoidance. The one big drawback of Tello is its camera quality.

ohh okay.. so is the cameerea better than the other cheap wifi drones out there or??
2018-4-25
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

nice. can we all see some video footage from the camera?
2018-4-25
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

i want to see footage from that friend.
2018-4-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Miaz Posted at 2018-4-25 22:51
ohh okay.. so is the cameerea better than the other cheap wifi drones out there or??

The camera is better on the Tello than as you said.
2018-4-26
Use props
OhTello
lvl.3
Sweden

You can search youtube for SQ12 (17g), Mobius Mini (27g) and FireFly Micro (14g) - all with 1920x1080/30fps
2018-4-26
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

with camera there is blocking the cooling vents is it not?
2018-4-26
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

nmac Posted at 2018-4-26 08:26
with camera there is blocking the cooling vents is it not?

Good day Nmac, Tello doesn't have cooling vents inside at the time being.
2018-5-1
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Same dilema here, the only thing that bothers me is that you can't tilt the camera down, so you have to fly it really low to catch a good video of yourself.

So I'd hope it ain't too loud because it's gonna be very close to me...

How loud is it? like the Spark? quieter?
2018-5-10
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft
United States

I have a phantom 3. I bought a Tello and have been really happy with it. It’s easy to fly. Small. I put it in my travel bag or suitcase (bought a hard case for it). If you bump up the quality and data rate you get really nice photos.

Correct me if I’m wrong... an 80 gram drone does not have to be registered and you don’t have to call the airport. That really makes the Phantom a bit of a pain.
2018-5-10
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft
United States

Noise. It whines, but not as loud at higher elevations. If your are thinking of spying, it’s probably going to be seen. If you just hate attention then you’re probably going to be okay.

Tilt: im looking for a micro camera right now. I’ll let you know if I find something.
2018-5-10
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-1 21:33
Good day Nmac, Tello doesn't have cooling vents inside at the time being.

Well but there are openings in the bottom, suppose it's for air flow then, the micro camera will block it.
2018-5-10
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Sean Doughtie Posted at 2018-5-10 08:06
Noise. It whines, but not as loud at higher elevations. If your are thinking of spying, it’s probably going to be seen. If you just hate attention then you’re probably going to be okay.

Tilt: im looking for a micro camera right now. I’ll let you know if I find something.

The quelima micro camera is probably the best, but as the other guy said it defeats the purpose practicality, since you will have to attach it everytime you're going to fly or buy a case that will fit both.
2018-5-10
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-26 04:22
The camera is better on the Tello than as you said.

nice one
2018-5-17
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Sean Doughtie Posted at 2018-5-10 08:06

awesome thanks friend
2018-5-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

will it decrease the flight time ?  
2018-6-6
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft

I'm considering buying this drone for a travel drone. Allow me to explain. I own a Mavic Air and a Phantom 3A and I love both of them. In my line of work I am expected to travel at a moments notice. Yesterday for example I was at work and within 30 minutes I was on a plane expecting to stay in Puerto Rico that night. While I would love to take my Mavic Air with me all the time sometimes those unexpected trips pop up and I don't have it with me. I was thinking the Tello would be nice to just keep in my bag at all times. Some places I go are pretty cool and it would be a shame to go somewhere cool and not have a drone with me. At least the Tello would let me get in the air, take a selfie and a few pics and make my day a little better. My question is how does this drone fly outside, maybe with a little wind? And what kind of flight time are people getting?
2018-6-6
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

dont slow down Posted at 2018-6-6 04:12
I'm considering buying this drone for a travel drone. Allow me to explain. I own a Mavic Air and a Phantom 3A and I love both of them. In my line of work I am expected to travel at a moments notice. Yesterday for example I was at work and within 30 minutes I was on a plane expecting to stay in Puerto Rico that night. While I would love to take my Mavic Air with me all the time sometimes those unexpected trips pop up and I don't have it with me. I was thinking the Tello would be nice to just keep in my bag at all times. Some places I go are pretty cool and it would be a shame to go somewhere cool and not have a drone with me. At least the Tello would let me get in the air, take a selfie and a few pics and make my day a little better. My question is how does this drone fly outside, maybe with a little wind? And what kind of flight time are people getting?

okay awesome. i willmake a new topic then friend.
2018-6-25
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Look you just named some of the best drones out there so must purchase a Tello to round off your collection. Consider Tello your rainy day super fun indoor drone.
2018-6-26
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I bought this drone for use within highly populated areas. In Japan you basically are not allowed to fly within cites.

It’s no Spark but at least it operates as well as I would expect from a 100 dollar drone. No regrets.
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

dont slow down Posted at 2018-6-6 04:12
I'm considering buying this drone for a travel drone. Allow me to explain. I own a Mavic Air and a Phantom 3A and I love both of them. In my line of work I am expected to travel at a moments notice. Yesterday for example I was at work and within 30 minutes I was on a plane expecting to stay in Puerto Rico that night. While I would love to take my Mavic Air with me all the time sometimes those unexpected trips pop up and I don't have it with me. I was thinking the Tello would be nice to just keep in my bag at all times. Some places I go are pretty cool and it would be a shame to go somewhere cool and not have a drone with me. At least the Tello would let me get in the air, take a selfie and a few pics and make my day a little better. My question is how does this drone fly outside, maybe with a little wind? And what kind of flight time are people getting?

are you planning to use the tello only for the enjoyment of flying, and the occasional photo/video?  if so, then sure.  get the Tello

I keep my Mavic Air with me at all times.  I keep it in my backpack at my desk. (because I don't want to leave it in the car to get too hot)   I also keep a "go bag" in my car in the event I have to catch a plane quickly. (clothes, toiletries, etc.)  I have had to make those quick trips too, so this is just my routine.
So I think that if you just want to keep a travel drone with you at all times, you already have the best thing for you!.  If you want an indoor drone, or you just want another drone to add to the hangar, Go for it!  No judgement here!

I'm waiting for my Tello to arrive.  My purpose for it is to fly indoors and the use the scratch coding.   I'm sure I'll find other uses for it.  As I'm sure you will too!
2018-6-28
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

3-D Posted at 2018-6-28 05:01
are you planning to use the tello only for the enjoyment of flying, and the occasional photo/video?  if so, then sure.  get the Tello

I keep my Mavic Air with me at all times.  I keep it in my backpack at my desk. (because I don't want to leave it in the car to get too hot)   I also keep a "go bag" in my car in the event I have to catch a plane quickly. (clothes, toiletries, etc.)  I have had to make those quick trips too, so this is just my routine.

Thank you for the reply. Since posting this I have purchased a Tello and have been flying it occasionally and its a great little drone. I did have a bit higher expectations for it however I knew from the beginning not to compare it to my Mavic Air. With all the problems with Mavic Air firmware my MA has been grounded for quite some time now because of image and signal transmission failure. I have not been able to fly more than 5 feet away before losing image picture. I am hoping for a fix soon so in the mean time I have been flying Tello. I have also purchased a wifi extender but have not been able to successfully get it connected to Tello. I will keep trying though. It is a fun and quite fast little drone. I have been working on writing a little review for it that I plan on posting soon.
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

dont slow down Posted at 2018-6-28 07:09
Thank you for the reply. Since posting this I have purchased a Tello and have been flying it occasionally and its a great little drone. I did have a bit higher expectations for it however I knew from the beginning not to compare it to my Mavic Air. With all the problems with Mavic Air firmware my MA has been grounded for quite some time now because of image and signal transmission failure. I have not been able to fly more than 5 feet away before losing image picture. I am hoping for a fix soon so in the mean time I have been flying Tello. I have also purchased a wifi extender but have not been able to successfully get it connected to Tello. I will keep trying though. It is a fun and quite fast little drone. I have been working on writing a little review for it that I plan on posting soon.

That's cool.  I had problems with my Air as well, but I was able to overcome them.    I had gotten to a really good place.  Then I crashed it.  I was one of the 3 that won a Tello for the aerial photo contest, so i'm waiting for it to come.  Right now, I'm without my drone, and it is killing me!!  but it's likely that both the Tello and my Mavic Air will arrive around the same time.  Then I really get to have fun.

btw, you have a nice little family there (profile pic)  
2018-6-28
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Thank you. I'm tired of waiting for DJI to fix the transmission issues on the Air so I purchased a 4hawks antenna for it, I hoping to force the darn signal through to the drone. I installed it today and will try it tomorrow.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules