Frequent GPS signal drops, anyone else have this problem?
873 6 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

are you guys experiencing this problem? my phantom 2 vision never had an issue, but i only had it a month, replaced with a vision2+ and it had this same constant issue, gps drops suddenly for no reason every so often and comes back in a few seconds usually, sometimes takes longer on the vision +, inspire seems to regain much faster.  im in the middle of the country with no obstructions of any kind to the sky, happens way too often and makes gps flying very unreliable.  i use manual mode lots anyway but sometimes i like to use the gps to hold it stead in the wind whilst im trying to take a photo or video.  guess thats where the second controller would come in handy, ha!
2015-5-9
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

What firmware are you using? This is not supposed to happen with the latest firmware.
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-10 04:24
What firmware are you using? This is not supposed to happen with the latest firmware.

using a previous one, not sure. not going to update to any firmware that imposes more flight restrictions, beside the latest looks like it screws up the batteries, peoples drones falling out of the sky left and right after that update, lol!
at any rate it never used to happen using this same firmware but its happening a lot more regular now, just curious if others are experiencing or have experienced such behavior with the inspire or phantoms.
2015-5-9
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-5-10 04:53
using a previous one, not sure. not going to update to any firmware that imposes more flight restr ...

If you are using firmware ending in .17 then the occasional GPS drops are expected. Upgrading to the newer firmwares are important. No Fly Zones are extremely important and it is the last saving grace of this hobby and business, it protects us from bad things happening.
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-10 04:58
If you are using firmware ending in .17 then the occasional GPS drops are expected. Upgrading to t ...

well i use common sense and dont fly in other aircrafts flight paths but i will not be banned from national parks, awesome photo ops and i will be taking them, lol!
Ill have to check my version, but it didnt used to happen for the first 3 months ive had it but its happening 2-3 times a flight now.  very annoying to say the least.  I use the bed cover of my truck for a landing/launching pad so theres not much room for error on landing,
2015-5-9
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-5-10 04:53
using a previous one, not sure. not going to update to any firmware that imposes more flight restr ...

You know about them dropping out of the sky with the latest firmware, yet you were not aware of GPS loss with the previous version? Weird.
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-10 09:48
You know about them dropping out of the sky with the latest firmware, yet you were not aware of GP ...

never used to happen on same firmware for the previous 3 months, its a new issue to me, havent been on forum much or for long cause ive not had any problems till recently.
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules