Osmo Mobile 2 Getting Better...
1703 5 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft

I'm happy to praise DJI when they update their software for the better.  This is an example of that.  I took my Osmo Mobile 2 out yesterday (iPhone X) and was very pleased to see that the 2 motion timelapses I created were now in 4K.  When I originally bought it and did tests, all I got was 720p for motion timelapses.  I'm very happy with this change!
DJI, please keep working on the software for the Osmo Mobile 2.  I need the resolution for the different pano modes to be HIGHER RES.  If you have to make a Super High Res Pano mode where your app won't stitch it together, as long as I can stitch them together in Lightroom, I'll be happy.  I can already do a 50+ megapixel Pano with my Mavic Pro that way, I want to be able to do the same with my Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your kind words about our product, the resolution of Timelapse in iOS devices depends on the video resolution you selected. For Pano resolution, you can select high quality in Camera Settings.
2018-4-24
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 20:34
Thanks for your kind words about our product, the resolution of Timelapse in iOS devices depends on the video resolution you selected. For Pano resolution, you can select high quality in Camera Settings.

Before the update, it didn't matter what resolution I chose, it recorded in 720p.  Updates have fixed that.  As far as pano resolutions, I always select High quality in the settings.  The issue is that they are not high res enough.  I've brought up this issue here...  https://forum.dji.com/thread-141444-1-1.html
The vertical resolution is particularly low.  Lower than even a single image from my iPhone X. That needs to be fixed to make the Osmo Mobile 2 more useful.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CynicalZombie Posted at 2018-4-25 05:22
Before the update, it didn't matter what resolution I chose, it recorded in 720p.  Updates have fixed that.  As far as pano resolutions, I always select High quality in the settings.  The issue is that they are not high res enough.  I've brought up this issue here...  https://forum.dji.com/thread-141444-1-1.html
The vertical resolution is particularly low.  Lower than even a single image from my iPhone X. That needs to be fixed to make the Osmo Mobile 2 more useful.

Thanks for your input, your request will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration the future development, we will keep improving and hope you will have a better experience with our product.
2018-4-26
Use props
Griepy
lvl.1
Germany

Same problem here. Even with high selected panoramo pictures have a resolution of 5053 × 1332. Thats a shame.
27 pictures of 4032 × 3024 total in just 1332px height? I am quite disappointed of this.
2018-4-27
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4

Griepy Posted at 2018-4-27 12:55
Same problem here. Even with high selected panoramo pictures have a resolution of 5053 × 1332. Thats a shame.
27 pictures of 4032 × 3024 total in just 1332px height? I am quite disappointed of this.

I'm glad I'm not alone here.  I suspect it's because it's being processed on the phone.  Not every phone can process a really high res pano... I'm sure my iPhone X can. So let higher end phones make higher resolution panos.
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules