Can't calibrate vision sensors using DJI Assistant 2
14449 20 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geoff Burke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733684 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Go App in "Aircraft Status" shows red caution symbol stating "Abnormal" when tapping on the caution it States " Calibrating the Vision Sensors with DJI Assistant on a PC or Mac is recommended"
Im using DJI Assistant 2 on a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 and having the following issues

Can't calibrate the vision sensors on my Phantom 4 Pro using DJI Assistant 2.  It keeps telling me to "Reboot the aircraft" in the tutorial screens and the "Calibrate" button remains "Greyed Out".
Any assistance would e greatly appriciated.

I've even tried to roll back the firmware version and reset to factory defaults then upgrade the firmware to  the current version, but the problem still persists....please help.
Regards Geoff

2018-4-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

[oops - deleting duplicate post]
2018-4-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Geoff.

Many threads on this specific issue. Essentially, the Vision drivers in the Ass2 installation are not correctly digitally signed, so when you install Ass2 under normal circumstances the installation process won't install them.  Frustratingly, you're not alerted to that fact, as the installation silently continues (but if you're really fast pausing the screen when it's running the driver installs in the black CMD box, you'll see the error).

You can resolve this by uninstalling Ass2, rebooting your PC into maintenance mode and selecting to disable driver signature enforcement, then install Ass2 again. Don't reboot afterwards, and run Ass2 as per normal. Sadly I find that you need to have driver signature enforcement disabled prior to starting Ass2 each time if you intend to recalibrate VPS - everything else appears to work otherwise.

If you don't know how to do the above, just google "disable driver signature enforcement".
2018-4-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-4-24 15:05
Hi Geoff.

Many threads on this specific issue. Essentially, the Vision drivers in the Ass2 installation are not correctly digitally signed, so when you install Ass2 under normal circumstances the installation process won't install them.  Frustratingly, you're not alerted to that fact, as the installation silently continues (but if you're really fast  pausing the screen when it's running the driver in stalls in the CMD box, you'll see the error).

"Sadly I find that each time I want to configure VPS you need to do the same thing."
Hopefully not the entire uninstall/reinstall process? I can do with just holding Left Shift upon power on my laptop and have it start without signature checking.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Geoff, as for the calibration, it doesn't relative to the firmware of your drone. Please try to restart the PC and drone, or just try to change another connecting cable, make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 is at the latest version v1.2.3. See if it works.
2018-4-25
Use props
Geoff Burke
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-4-24 15:07
Hi Geoff.

Many threads on this specific issue. Essentially, the Vision drivers in the Ass2 installation are not correctly digitally signed, so when you install Ass2 under normal circumstances the installation process won't install them.  Frustratingly, you're not alerted to that fact, as the installation silently continues (but if you're really fast pausing the screen when it's running the driver installs in the CMD box, you'll see the error).

Thank you very much, your instructions have worked like a dream and everything is fine now.
with just being a new drone flyer I  was starting to panic in fear of crashing such a cracking piece of kit.
I am in awe of the technology and the drones capabilities....far beyond my expectations and my confidence is growing rapidly (not too much I hope).
It's great having this forum and know there are other like minded people to help.
Really Appreciated  Thanks!!!
2018-4-25
Use props
Geoff Burke
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-25 00:33
"Sadly I find that each time I want to configure VPS you need to do the same thing."
Hopefully not the entire uninstall/reinstall process? I can do with just holding Left Shift upon power on my laptop and have it start without signature checking.

Great, everything is fixed now thanks to Punchbuggy and I appreciate your tip too, I'll bear this In mind next time I need to configure things.
Thanks Again!!
2018-4-25
Use props
Geoff Burke
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-25 04:15
Geoff, as for the calibration, it doesn't relative to the firmware of your drone. Please try to restart the PC and drone, or just try to change another connecting cable, make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 is at the latest version v1.2.3. See if it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WltMwrWlyM&t=52s

Thanks, I took punchbuggy's advice and reinstalled Assistant 2 with correct drivers...all sorted.
THanks for the tip
2018-4-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-25 00:33
Hopefully not the entire uninstall/reinstall process? I can do with just holding Left Shift upon power on my laptop and have it start without signature checking.

Hi. No, not the full re-install - just the rebooting with driver signature enforcement off. I suspect that even if the drivers are installed, Win 10 still enforces digital signatures on subsequent attempts to access them. But it's no biggee - I only re-do VPS calibration after firmware updates which aren't that regular.

And I like the keyboard short-cut. I'll see if my Toshiba laptop does the same. Thanks.
2018-4-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Geoff Burke Posted at 2018-4-25 04:33
Thank you very much, your instructions have worked like a dream and everything is fine now.
with just being a new drone flyer I  was starting to panic in fear of crashing such a cracking piece of kit.
I am in awe of the technology and the drones capabilities....far beyond my expectations and my confidence is growing rapidly (not too much I hope).

Great to hear it worked for you, Geoff. Have fun with it. Cheers.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Geoff Burke Posted at 2018-4-25 04:38
Thanks, I took punchbuggy's advice and reinstalled Assistant 2 with correct drivers...all sorted.
THanks for the tip

Thank you for your update and happy to know you got it sorted. Thanks for Punchbuggy's help, too.
2018-4-25
Use props
Migman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286870 ft

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-25 04:15
Geoff, as for the calibration, it doesn't relative to the firmware of your drone. Please try to restart the PC and drone, or just try to change another connecting cable, make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 is at the latest version v1.2.3. See if it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WltMwrWlyM&t=52s

Can't complete the process. I get everything on this video done, except the Calculating of the calibration. (0% for hours). The "Ensure the aircraft is powered on and connected to the computer" is Red. Everything seems to work fine if I want to Update Firmware, do Data upload, and Flight Information. I see Two USB devices if I look at the My Computer - I'm using Windows 10 32bit with two monitors. I have done the F7 disable driver checks. reloaded software four or five times. Used the cable that came with the drone. tried to set the drivers in Device Manager, etc. I have been working on it for 2 days now. As I said ALL the Calibration (which I'm getting good at) seems to work fine. Nice Blue boxes after each aim. ANy ideas? I don't get reboot aircraft.
2018-6-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Migman Posted at 2018-6-23 13:20
Can't complete the process. I get everything on this video done, except the Calculating of the calibration. (0% for hours). The "Ensure the aircraft is powered on and connected to the computer" is Red. Everything seems to work fine if I want to Update Firmware, do Data upload, and Flight Information. I see Two USB devices if I look at the My Computer - I'm using Windows 10 32bit with two monitors. I have done the F7 disable driver checks. reloaded software four or five times. Used the cable that came with the drone. tried to set the drivers in Device Manager, etc. I have been working on it for 2 days now. As I said ALL the Calibration (which I'm getting good at) seems to work fine. Nice Blue boxes after each aim. ANy ideas? I don't get reboot aircraft.

You say you have a two monitor setup, i assume that you have it running on only a single screen?
Also try play around with your screen resolution, it is known that some resolutions does not work but using standard resolutions usually does.
2018-6-24
Use props
Migman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286870 ft

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-24 00:03
You say you have a two monitor setup, i assume that you have it running on only a single screen?
Also try play around with your screen resolution, it is known that some resolutions does not work but using standard resolutions usually does.

Tried it on another window 10 64 bit machine with a single monitor and it worked. Everything worked the same way except it did the Calibration after I finished the three screens on alignment practice.  On the first system I tried both monitors from time to time. Both of them had the input size at least a couple of times, and both displayed the dots a couple of times, but I never got the computer to do the calculations after completing  the patterns. ANyway the other computer got ma past the problem. Thank you.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Migman Posted at 2018-6-24 13:05
Tried it on another window 10 64 bit machine with a single monitor and it worked. Everything worked the same way except it did the Calibration after I finished the three screens on alignment practice.  On the first system I tried both monitors from time to time. Both of them had the input size at least a couple of times, and both displayed the dots a couple of times, but I never got the computer to do the calculations after completing  the patterns. ANyway the other computer got ma past the problem. Thank you.

I am sorry for the delay, happy to know that you had worked it out after KedDK's help. Good job.
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-1 18:08
I am sorry for the delay, happy to know that you had worked it out after KedDK's help. Good job.

It actually wasn't my help,  the user needed to use another computer to get it fixed. Perhaps the developers should investigate this further and come out with some recommendations for use of this calibrating feature.
Beside the unsigned driver issue it seem that a lot of users are having problems that might relate to screen resolution but perhaps something else. In this last situation it might be the use of a multi monitor system that resulted in problems.

And OT, the avatars still point to the store but is out of order (404 page not found) - has been like that the last days! When they fix, please have them point to the product pages as suggested before.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-2 00:55
It actually wasn't my help,  the user needed to use another computer to get it fixed. Perhaps the developers should investigate this further and come out with some recommendations for use of this calibrating feature.
Beside the unsigned driver issue it seem that a lot of users are having problems that might relate to screen resolution but perhaps something else. In this last situation it might be the use of a multi monitor system that resulted in problems.

You had provided the info for it, too.
As for the issue that you said, I had forwarded to the proper team. Thank you for your feedback, too.
2018-7-2
Use props
Whisperit
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just had this problem with calibrating the Vision Sensors on my P4Pro, but using the new version 2.0.7 of "Assistant 2 for Phantom".  I had been through the calibration sequence several times, getting to the end of twisting the aircraft around in front of the screen and then it trying to upload the results but it would get near 100% and fail every time.

I re-installed Assnt 2 with the driver signature enforcement disabled as per Punchbuggy's first reply and it worked first time!

When I was trying it before, and it failed it then asked me what the screen size was. It said it couldn't detect my monitor size. Fair enough, so I put in the actual size (22") but then either the calibration button would go 'blue' to click on, or if it did, there were no dots on the calibration screen and no video output from the sensors.  In other words, t seems I could not get the calibration to run with the correct screen size setting.

If perhaps the original problem with the previous version of Assnt 2 had been solved, there is still a bug with the latest version which shows up when Assnt 2 cannot detect your screen size correctly.  And to solve this you have to do the "disable driver signature enforcement" thing.  (I am running 3 screens using AMD Firepro Control Center).
2019-5-3
Use props
fanscae2a749
New

Hi Geoff.

Many threads on this specific issue. Essentially, the Vision drivers in the Ass2 installation are not correctly digitally signed, so when you install Ass2 under normal circumstances the installation process won't install them.  Frustratingly, you're not alerted to that fact, as the installation silently continues (but if you're really fast pausing the screen when it's running the driver installs in the black CMD box, you'll see the error).

When doing it in safe mode my computer won’t recognize my drone. So freuatrated right now, dji service was no help. Any ideas?
2019-9-25
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

Hi Geoff.

Tried this twice still won't load the damn drives!! FRUSTRATING that a BIG company like DJI can't get their drivers signed REALLY??? Makes one wonder what the hell they're actually installing on your PC if they can't get the drivers signed!!!!!!!!!!!

DJI-A2-Error.JPG
2021-3-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wanbli Posted at 3-12 09:43
Tried this twice still won't load the damn drives!! FRUSTRATING that a BIG company like DJI can't get their drivers signed REALLY??? Makes one wonder what the hell they're actually installing on your PC if they can't get the drivers signed!!!!!!!!!!!

[view_image]

Well that says to me that the drivers aren't even installed, so it wants install media. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Assistant app (making sure it's the correct one for your craft).
2021-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules