What tablet to use in PFPV
10333 23 2014-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

Hello my Fellow Dronies!

I was offered a sumsung tablet this morning to use for my dji vision app.  When i tried to install the app - it read-  "this version isn't compatible with you device".

I have seen youtube vids with the user demonstrating the ground station on the tablets...
I'm not certain what model of tablet I was handed, but need to find one that i can use instead of my iphone....

"These aging eyes cannot focus on that small screen much longer!"

Recommend a compatible model please...

Thanks in advance

2014-10-31
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Markkinley,
Please check the support device below:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... n%2B#DJI_VISION_APP
It's recommended to try another mobile device.
2014-11-3
Use props
chris.pugrud
lvl.2

United States

In the play store notes, DJI says:

"Notes:
If you get the message shown "Your device is not compatible" while you install the apk from google play,
you can download the apk in mobilephone browser with the url http://m.dji.net/djivision
If you want to use Ground Station,Please ensure both main controller and central board firmware have been updated to the latest version using Assistant v3.00."

DJI Vision seems to work fine on most Android tablets, myself and many others use it fine on the Google Nexus 7.  For some reason of DJI-logic they have chosen to not check the boxes that would allow you to download it directly to your tablet, but have instead decided to recommend that you download it awkwardly to your tablet directly from their website.
2014-11-3
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for the replies folks...
DJI-Blair  - I'm paying attention to the specs for my purchase, thanks
chris.pugrud  - I'll try to download this from the the tablet and see that i get.
Big thanks
2014-11-4
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

Just for the record... my Samsung Tablet 7 worked good until the recent app update... now it is a paperweight.    The app tech support has me on hold while they kick it around the office on what is wrong
2014-11-8
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

dacfile  - I will take your advice into consideration. I was surfing ebay earlier today for one.

Now I know what to avoid.
Thanks

2014-11-8
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Pretty sure your snoopy beats my snoopy.
2014-11-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Markkinley

Apple iPad 2 32GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (AT&T), 9.7in - White!! (Low FW iOS 6.1)

This is what I am using.  It has to have an IOS of at least 6.1 or higher.
2014-11-8
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

There has to be more DJI drivers out there that use 7" tablets...    How about telling us what works for you.. after the new app update.
My Samsung Tab 3 does not, the Apple IPad 2 does... any more?   contrary to DJI-Blair states it is hard to keep shelling out a cover hundred bucks to keep try another device...

What do you use?
2014-11-9
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

shep941@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-9 12:59
Pretty sure your snoopy beats my snoopy.

lol Shep941... I  had that one first.. but i needed a snoopy with a copilot... (you know FPV)

"I Have a WINGMAN! MAN!!! LOL
2014-11-9
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-11-9 13:29
Markkinley

Gerry1124 -
what am I looking at regarding the purchase price?  I have ATT as my carrier.
Big Thanks

"Will someone please post a compatibility list with the models that do and don't work please.
I know it will benefit others searching as i am."

Major Thanks!!!
2014-11-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

markkinley@yaho Posted at 2014-11-9 21:02
Gerry1124 -
what am I looking at regarding the purchase price?  I have ATT as my carrier.
Big Th ...

I actually don't have any WIFI service on my tablet.  I can connect it to netgear from my router in my house to download the DJI app.  But when I'm flying, I am connected to the Phantom 2 V+ range extender.  I found the tablet on Ebay and got it for $225 and confirmed the tablet had an IOS of 6.1 or higher.  It has a diagonal screen of 8.5 inches.  Since I bought it, I have done 2 upgrades to the IOS and now at 8.1 and still operating great.  I only use the tablet for a monitor for my Phantom so it's installed with 2 clamps and a hood to block out the sun.
Search Ebay for "Apple iPad 2 32GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (AT&T), 9.7in".  You might find something suitable and prices vary.  The IOS has to be 6.1 or higher.
2014-11-9
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

markkinley@yaho Posted at 2014-11-9 09:41
dacfile  - I will take your advice into consideration. I was surfing ebay earlier today for one.

No ...

If you want to just use your samsung tablet 7 for the FPV part of the DJI fight...  I removed or stopped every app that I could see on the tablet.   Now it is working without any problems.   I only left gmail, google maps and DJI vision on the tablet
2014-11-9
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

dacfile  - I'm not a fan of android.
However, I did watch a few you tube videos that have a very nice ground station app that I want on my tablet.  
If i have to go to android the get that version of ground station I will.
The ground station app that I viewed was on a IPAD.

THX
2014-11-9
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

So far I am unable to get compatible software for my Google Nexus 10.1" tab...

A compatible version of the DJI vision app anyway.
2014-11-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The tablet has to have an IOS of 6.1 or higher.
2014-11-10
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

I got the Samsung Tab 4 10.1 yesterday and it works like a charm.

However, even though the screen interface is now larger and all bits and pieces in it are easier to see, there's still a pretty substantial glare issue, especially when it's sunny, which is where the P2V+ camera performs best. Standing in the shade works well, but FYI, don't lose LOS, because your Phantom will go home.

I suppose I'll have to get some sort of hood next, but I'm not liking it, because the whole contraption is already fairly bulky.

I reckon the company that comes up with the first all-built--in-one solution first will be scoring bigtime.
2014-11-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-11-11 11:18
I got the Samsung Tab 4 10.1 yesterday and it works like a charm.

However, even though the screen i ...

I use the

with an anti glare shield overlay on the screen

3X Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector Cover Guard Film For Apple iPad 2/3/4

and a hood for the tablet with clamps.  1 clamp per hood so I have a spare hood now and 2 clamps on the tablet.  It's now a very sturdy platform.

10 Inch iPad Sun Hood Sun Shade Black w/ Tripod Mount for iPad 1 2 3 Air similar

Got them all on Ebay and the sun doesn't bother at all now.  I have a lanyard around my neck with 2 attaching points on the transmitter so I can let go of the transmitter and it will hang in the same position whether I an holding it or not.
2014-11-10
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Yeah, an anti glare film will reduce reflections I'm sure. Cheers for that Gerry.
2014-11-10
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I use an iPad mini Retena. Works great.
2014-11-11
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

Man!      
still looking .....
That's a lot of platforms to support.  Are any of you guy's using different versions of ground station than the one on the Iphone?
I believe that the tablets have more features than the IPhone.
That's what driving me to purchase a certain one... I'm seeing different versions of ground station on different units on you tube videos.
Thanks

2014-11-11
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

There's a paid-for version and the free version. The paid-for GS has more features obviously.

Also, there's a IOS and PC version.
2014-11-11
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

insitb  - You just "NAILED IT!!"
               So, regardless of the type of device that you prefer (Andriod or IOS) , there's a Freebie version and a Purchase Version. I guess I need to find a  purchasable version that I want to settle on when choosing my tablet purchase also.
Thanks!

2014-11-12
Use props
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Just download the app from the url http://m.dji.net/djivision but once installed I cant log in it say "request timeout"
Can any one tell me what happened?
2014-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules