Pilot app says firmware update?
4699 15 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameronlevine
lvl.1

United States

I have updated my phantom and the control but every time I go into the pilot app it says there is an upgrade that I should do. It says I must upgrade the aircraft and the camera. I can still fly the phantom and ignore it but does anyone know why I get this even though I have done the upgrades?
2015-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you already using the latest released firmware? V1.18
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
See this thread..
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 4545&extra=page%3D1
For an awesome descriptive video.
Wishing you only Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2015-5-9
Use props
cameronlevine
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-10 04:51
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/downl ...

Im on the latest firmware but the app still says to upgrade
2015-5-10
Use props
pepijnaben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1383189 ft
Netherlands

cameronlevine Posted at 2015-5-11 05:13

Me too. All software is up to date. But the Pilot App tells me to update the Phantom. (not the RC an this happens when I am in the field).
When I start the P3 and RC with IOS device up in home, there is no warning to update.
2015-5-20
Use props
AbsPapa
New

United States

The guy from Drone Camps goes way to fast for someone like me who is not terribly computer saavy. Open up Zip files, download then open up, one file at a time on the sd card, checking the capacity on sd card. He flies through all those subjects as if everyone knows what he is talking about.
2015-5-24
Use props
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

Same here. Updated (unzipped, of course). Have been using previous android app, installed a new one (from dji site) and now it says "update everuthing!". Seems like a bug.
2015-6-16
Use props
villachristian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

Hi ...
The same happen to me,i have the latest version of FW for Phantom 3 advance,both on the drone and on RC,but system always tell me that firmware must be upgraded.....
2015-6-22
Use props
williamjamesfpv
lvl.1

Canada

I'm having the exact same issue on the latest firmware v1.2.8    ...were you able to find a solution?
2015-7-15
Use props
waitsmd
New

United States

I have a similar issue. It says Update RC. It originally said update gimbal drone and rc. updated the drone via the tutorial and FW download and it updated that ok but I cant get the controller to update.

DJI support chat no longer works with US customers and every other avenue has been fruitless in getting help. for such an expensive machine i would expect service to be better. given the cost and nature of the product when i see a warning i DONT FLY. not worth risking loss of the drone (costly) risking hurting someone or being responsible for hurting someone or someones property.

its too big of a liability to knowingly fly a drone when there is a noticeable warning that says to do something with a system as important as the RC
2015-7-21
Use props
waitsmd
New

United States

this is no help at all
2015-7-21
Use props
waitsmd
New

United States

AbsPapa Posted at 2015-5-24 23:43
The guy from Drone Camps goes way to fast for someone like me who is not terribly computer saavy.  ...

he does fly through that.
2015-7-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

In the video, He doesn't go too fast for most of us...I guess they expect you to know a little bit of what a Firmware update entails.
So if you need, rewind, pause, playback, listen, go through the steps. Not hard to follow those instructions.
Sorry if you guys are still having difficulties. That's not the way to have fun.
I was trying to be helpful, but I guess not everyone gets that.

Ok, well, on to other threads I guess... PM me, if you have any questions.
Contact admin for further assistance, and or call their help desk too. 24/7.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-21
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

United States

same issue here,
workaround I found is to turn on UAV first and remote after 5 seconds,
we can say this is not the recommended order but at least for now resolved this problem for me ...
2015-7-22
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

United States

williamjamesfpv Posted at 2015-7-16 03:26
I'm having the exact same issue on the latest firmware v1.2.8    ...were you able to find a solution ...

check my previous post,
DJI is aware about this problem and fingers crossed that they will address this in new FW
2015-7-22
Use props
williamjamesfpv
lvl.1

Canada

Okay, I'm seriously thinking about going with an Apple tablet. Will the iPad mini 2 with Wi-Fi and no celluar suffice?
2015-7-25
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

cameronlevine Posted at 2015-5-11 05:13

So was the same problem/ What to do( it works for Me)
1Go to devise Settings-Applications
2Find out Pilot app- press: Stop It -then press :Clear Cache
( points may be little bit different in English- I'm use Russion Lang. some translations may be different)
3. Reboot device
And now You will see  in App: N/A   But You know it's  a current firmware. And no warning!
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules