1896 25 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After updating the fw on the Cendence RC from .45 to the new fw.90.  My RC is beeping (fast-paced) upon normal start-up (press and hold) of power button, if I shut it down and restart all seems normal.

Why is it beeiping? Tried to look in manual but there is no mention of start-up sounds.
2018-4-24
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the latest update, I've had this happen a few times too. I've seen an error in the LCD. Something about a battery error. Always goes away after I restart. Other than the warning beeps and having to restart, I haven't had any other problems with it.
2018-4-24
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Update: got a response and it seems like it was asking for a calibration. Did a calibration of the sticks (all) after new fw was installed last week. Redid calibration so hope that is it.
2018-4-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-24 16:37
Update: got a response and it seems like it was asking for a calibration. Did a calibration of the sticks (all) after new fw was installed last week. Redid calibration so hope that is it.

Beeping like what you were talking about means the stick centers were off. Remote calibration will fix this issue and I have had the same problem before

Rich
2018-4-24
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thx Rich, hope that is it.
Edit: if this was only a call to calibrate, why would the beeping not come back when I restart? Seems strange it would disapear if the issue is still there.

2018-4-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-24 17:27
Thx Rich, hope that is it.
Edit: if this was only a call to calibrate, why would the beeping not come back when I restart? Seems strange it would disapear if the issue is still there.

I have found that if you start up the controller (remote) and have something causing the sticks being pushed off center will start things beeping. I think many things can happen during the start up sequence and if something doesn't report back to the hardware brain....  you get errors or beeping.  

Rich
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cougar, please let us know if the issue persists when you calibrate the Cendence, if yes, is there any error message in the APP?
2018-4-24
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

What Manual?
2018-4-26
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mims Posted at 2018-4-24 15:58
Since the latest update, I've had this happen a few times too. I've seen an error in the LCD. Something about a battery error. Always goes away after I restart. Other than the warning beeps and having to restart, I haven't had any other problems with it.

You need to update all of your batteries with the latest firmware and once updated let the sit for al least 72 hours without use.
2018-4-26
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

The manual for Cendence RC.
2018-4-26
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-26 04:07
The manual for Cendence RC.

Where did you get that? I didn't get one with mine and was told that there was none?
2018-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-26 04:49
Where did you get that? I didn't get one with mine and was told that there was none?

This manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_en.pdf
2018-4-26
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-26 05:27
This manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Cendence/20171106/Cendence_User_Manual_en.pdf

Thanks, I did find that.
2018-4-26
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you have calibrated all the knobs and sticks as this can cause this.
2018-4-28
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you may have the new firmware installed. If you do and have the Patch antenna installed the Cendense controller will beep on startup signaling the antenna connection
2018-4-28
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Try re-linking the Cendence with the Inspire. Fast beeping usually means that there is no connection between the two.
2018-4-28
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-28 17:43
Try re-linking the Cendence with the Inspire. Fast beeping usually means that there is no connection between the two.

Read post #3, already answered, issue seems resolved. (I hope) No issue with linking, seems to be calibration. Thx
2018-4-28
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-28 17:48
Read post #3, already answered, issue seems resolved. (I hope) No issue with linking, seems to be calibration. Thx

In the release notes for the latest update, DJI states to recalibrate everything including your compass and excluding your IMU. I had no issues with my update other than the compass seemed to be a bit out. Yesterday I had the Cendence on and not the Inspire for a few minutes and the Cendence was sounding and kept so even after I turned the Inspire on and I had a firmware warning banner. I powered everything down and back up again and everything was fine.
2018-4-29
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-29 04:42
In the release notes for the latest update, DJI states to recalibrate everything including your compass and excluding your IMU. I had no issues with my update other than the compass seemed to be a bit out. Yesterday I had the Cendence on and not the Inspire for a few minutes and the Cendence was sounding and kept so even after I turned the Inspire on and I had a firmware warning banner. I powered everything down and back up again and everything was fine.

Not sure what you are answering, I also read and followed the release notes, TestFlight went well and all working with the exception of the gimbal issues that has been documented elsewhere as well as some issues with taking still photos.

The Issue with my Cendence started after several test-flights, there where no issues after the fw update. 2 days later RC for some reason had reverted all my custom mapping of buttons, after redoing all my settings on the RC as well as a second calibration, beeping stoped.
My initial question was quite simple, why is the RC beeping? As far as I know there is only 2 resons for this, 1: binding and 2: calibration. So if anyone has any knowledge of any other reason for the beeping, I like to find out.
Lots of rain here so no chance to fly, but will as soon as weather permitts.

2018-4-29
Use props
fansc763c176
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3341063 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good morning.  I have the same issue.  My set-up is M210 with Z30/XT, Cendence keeps beeping.  On the PILOT APP, the option to Calibrate controller is not there.  its only on the DJIGO4.  I'm stuck on suggestions.  Other issue we are having is No GIMBAL tilt control on unit now.  It Pans but no up/down.

Lost for Words.
2018-5-11
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansc763c176 Posted at 2018-5-11 04:22
Good morning.  I have the same issue.  My set-up is M210 with Z30/XT, Cendence keeps beeping.  On the PILOT APP, the option to Calibrate controller is not there.  its only on the DJIGO4.  I'm stuck on suggestions.  Other issue we are having is No GIMBAL tilt control on unit now.  It Pans but no up/down.

Lost for Words.

Well I still have this beeping issue but not every time. Only way to stop it seems to be to restart the RC.

Have redone the calibration several times as well as reinstalled the Go4 app, still beeps at times when starting RC. My friend also have the Cendence and his RC is doing the same thing.
2018-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-11 04:30
Well I still have this beeping issue but not every time. Only way to stop it seems to be to restart the RC.

Have redone the calibration several times as well as reinstalled the Go4 app, still beeps at times when starting RC. My friend also have the Cendence and his RC is doing the same thing.

Hi Cougar

I just got back and saw your post. I am surprised you are still having trouble with the Cendence. As you know I have not been using my Cendence for awhile now, but it was working okay since the FW update.

very strange beeping issue for sure. Your friend has the same thing? Why is this not happening on all of the remotes? do you think it something to do with the sticks centering?

As far as the gimbal tilt issue you must make sure you do both gimbal wheel calibrations during the radio calibration (right side did not show progress before new FW).

Rich
2018-5-11
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-5-11 08:19
Hi Cougar

I just got back and saw your post. I am surprised you are still having trouble with the Cendence. As you know I have not been using my Cendence for awhile now, but it was working okay since the FW update.

Hi Rich and welcome back, hope u had a great time.
Yes the beeping is strange indeed, had some other issues with all custom setting for the buttons suddenly vanishing  and reset to default. Think that issue has been fixed by reinstalling the app, initially when I updated the fw on the RC,  I never replaced the Go4 app and just updated it and seems like that caused some problems. Haven't seen that since so hopefully gone.

But the beeping persist, have done several calibrations of all the RC but it is still there, not all the time only happens casually. And my flying buddy has exactly the same issue, restart the RC and the beeping is gone.
2018-5-11
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes this is being seen and it has been reported back to DJI, its not every time but it seems to think a stick is off slightly sometimes and only rebooting resolves it..
2018-5-11
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2018-5-11 10:57
Yes this is being seen and it has been reported back to DJI, its not every time but it seems to think a stick is off slightly sometimes and only rebooting resolves it..

Thank you Mad for confirming the issue. So I am not the only one, of a select few going Mad
2018-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-11 08:35
Hi Rich and welcome back, hope u had a great time.
Yes the beeping is strange indeed, had some other issues with all custom setting for the buttons suddenly vanishing  and reset to default. Think that issue has been fixed by reinstalling the app, initially when I updated the fw on the RC,  I never replaced the Go4 app and just updated it and seems like that caused some problems. Haven't seen that since so hopefully gone.

Hi Cougar

That's weird for sure and would guess that DJI has maybe set the stick centering tolerance to tight(?)  Glad you are doing okay.  

Rich  
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules