Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anybody use these props?
850 14 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

I wonder if anyone has any experience with "Built-in Nut Upgrade Propellers" from Master Airscrew?  They claim to be more secure, factory balanced and run quieter than the originals from DJI.

Thanks!
Tim

2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I suggest only using OEM DJI props. They know what works best... ;-)

If you try them, post the results. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hmm.  Interesting.  

As RHP says, most agree that history has shown us that aftermarket props are never as good as the original DJI props.  

OTOH, these do seem interesting.

Best to add a link in the OP when making a thread such as this

https://www.amazon.com/Phantom-B ... Black/dp/B07633H2LM

2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

The more secure part is probably true, because the plastic thread is a point of failure, especially with repeated removal. That being said, them running quieter depends on the design of the airfoil and the impact on motor RPM. I'd be curious about how much they weigh in comparison, because I never much liked the plastic threads on the stock props.
2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

They do sound great, from the following revues.

https://www.masterairscrew.com/p ... prop-set-x4-phantom

Look cool.
image.png

RedHotPoker

2018-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You've posted in the P4 pro section so I can't see why you'd want to give up the quick release that you have now and fit screw-on props.
The website says they are compatible with the P4 pro as well as all the older Phantoms but you would have to fit screw hubs to each motor to fit them.
If you could fit them, you would possibly note a change in noise level but they won't give any performance upgrade.
It would take a change in flight controller settings to make any performance difference.
More secure?  Hard to see that as the original design is alredy perfectly secure anyway.
2018-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-4-24 18:23
The more secure part is probably true, because the plastic thread is a point of failure, especially with repeated removal. That being said, them running quieter depends on the design of the airfoil and the impact on motor RPM. I'd be curious about how much they weigh in comparison, because I never much liked the plastic threads on the stock props.

I never much liked the plastic threads on the stock props
You might not like them but they were specially designed by DJI's propulsion engineers to be more "sticky" and give the props more grip against the loads of dynamic braking.
Metal threads are not as secure.
2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Not without locktite or thread locker... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Tim,

Labroides is hitting the nail on the head with his posts.  The prop hubs have never appeared to have any sort of problem.  Having to swap out the quick release hubs to screw hubs will void the warranty and introduce possible error.  It would "fix" a non existing problem.

The P4 series introduced the quick release hub.  Earlier Phantoms had screw on hubs.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-24
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

Wonderful info, I appreciate your input  :-)  the problem is this.... I'm waiting for my P4A to arrive and have been reading too many posts "looking for trouble."  I have no experience with the stock props but have read various statements such as; "hubs wear out," "props loosen with time," "prop separated from hub," etc.  and as a result have been looking at alternatives.  A simple case of an inexperienced newbie with too much time on his hands...  The smart thing for me to do will be to wait and see what my own experience is with the Phantom and it's propeller system before running out and making modifications.
2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

How about spending your free time of boredom to RTFM.
Also watch some constructive, informative YouTube offerings.

The forums are rife with negative experiences, but these are a tiny percent of the drones out there.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Oldav8tor Posted at 2018-4-24 19:35
Wonderful info, I appreciate your input  :-)  the problem is this.... I'm waiting for my P4A to arrive and have been reading too many posts "looking for trouble."  I have no experience with the stock props but have read various statements such as; "hubs wear out," "props loosen with time," "prop separated from hub," etc.  and as a result have been looking at alternatives.  A simple case of an inexperienced newbie with too much time on his hands...  The smart thing for me to do will be to wait and see what my own experience is with the Phantom and it's propeller system before running out and making modifications.

I have no experience with the stock props but have read various statements such as; "hubs wear out," "props loosen with time," "prop separated from hub," etc.  and as a result have been looking at alternatives.
The stock props are fine and despite what you've read, you are extremely unlikely to have any trouble with them.
Incidents due to problems with props would be extremely rare.
DJI has done a good job with their props and there's no need to search for alternatives.
2018-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Just as a thought, if alternatives were used then this would likely invalidate any warranty claim there might be.
2018-4-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oldav8tor Posted at 2018-4-24 19:35
Wonderful info, I appreciate your input  :-)  the problem is this.... I'm waiting for my P4A to arrive and have been reading too many posts "looking for trouble."  I have no experience with the stock props but have read various statements such as; "hubs wear out," "props loosen with time," "prop separated from hub," etc.  and as a result have been looking at alternatives.  A simple case of an inexperienced newbie with too much time on his hands...  The smart thing for me to do will be to wait and see what my own experience is with the Phantom and it's propeller system before running out and making modifications.

Aloha Tim,

Actually, the best time consumer that almost gets you in the drone zone is reading the manual and watching the videos, even looking up some YouTube videos.  (But watch out, some of the YouTube videos are flat out stupid, but you will figure those out.)  We all get excited when we are about to get one of DJI's products and reading the manual allows you to get in the air sooner once the fascinating technology arrives on your door step.  

By reading the manual, you become familiar with all the parts of the product that you need to know to fly safely.  No way you will remember all of it, but you will know where in the manual to look for what you forgot.  Most of us senior Phantom Fliers have read the manual more than a few times.

There is also a lot of information that is not in the manual that you will want to come here to the Forum and discuss with us.  But you have to read the manual to know what that is.  The nicest thing about reading the manual is that it lets your imagination soar and that helps when you have to deal with this cutting edge technology.  

No matter what type of enthusiast you are, artistic, technical, gadget junkie, etc., this technology will test your limits.  Reading the manual a few times helps you get a head start.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-25
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

Read the manual?  Is that a manly thing to do?  Just kidding  :-)  Actually, I've given the same advice many times to others.  Point of fact, I have been reading the manual on the P4A as well as the DGI GO App.  I've also watched a few YouTube videos and spoken to a couple of friends that fly drones.  Nonetheless, your advice is good.  I'll stop looking for trouble and stick to preparing myself for what I hope will be an exciting and enlightening experience.
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules