Florence, Italy in 4K
1055887 1055887 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattmich23
lvl.1

On a recent trip to Florence, I launched the Mavic up to get some aerial views. Shots include Brunelleschi's dome, Ponte Vecchio, the Arno river, and more! Hope you guys enjoy 4K footage of this beautiful city!

2018-4-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft

Nice video.  I was really surprised by how many tall buildings were packed together so tightly.  I've not seen that anywhere before.  I guess I need to travel more.    What post program do you use?  A couple of scenes seemed a bit dark while others were nicely colorful.  
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice video. So many buildings, it's cool. Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Such a stunning place! So historic! Great footage and thank you for sharing.
2018-4-24
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

Nice video.. I was there last week too and was about to take off the drone in a park but the nearby carabinieri walked over and gave me the no-no.
2018-4-24
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very congested, thanks for the tour
2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I think he has permission to fly there. Why would he risk ?
2018-4-25
Use props
Lugard_696
lvl.3

United States

Beautiful Footage
2018-4-25
Use props
thefrancoleman
lvl.1
United States

I am going to Florence and Milan next week. I really want to bring my Phantom 4 Pro, but I am scared that it might get confiscated in the airport
2018-4-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

thefrancoleman Posted at 2018-4-25 05:00
I am going to Florence and Milan next week. I really want to bring my Phantom 4 Pro, but I am scared that it might get confiscated in the airport

You can NOT fly a drone in the cities in Italy. It is highly illegal, Also the video posted here is illegal... but as long as people acclaim illegal flights, more will fly illegally, until drones will be banned for good. Is this what this community wants?
2018-4-25
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-4-25 06:39
You can NOT fly a drone in the cities in Italy. It is highly illegal, Also the video posted here is illegal... but as long as people acclaim illegal flights, more will fly illegally, until drones will be banned for good. Is this what this community wants?

It was a beautiful video of Florence and Antonio76 is right about the drone laws of Italy.
It is always a good idea to learn the laws of the country before you fly.

2018-4-25
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

thefrancoleman Posted at 2018-4-25 05:00

If going to Italy this link should help
Flying drones in Italy
2018-4-25
Use props
thefrancoleman
lvl.1
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-25 07:29
Flying drones in Italy

thank you! I actually looked at these laws last week. I figured that most drone videos I see are flown illegally.
2018-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

I'm wondering why most of viewers are ecstatic about this terribly executed video, legal issues aside ... Oh, well ...
2018-4-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

I found the inconsistencies of the lighting a little off-putting, but the views of the city really are spectacular.   No-fly zone?  There are so many of those now.  A shame, as we would not be afforded such spectacular views. Thanks for the share.
2018-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-4-25 12:17
I found the inconsistencies of the lighting a little off-putting, but the views of the city really are spectacular.   No-fly zone?  There are so many of those now.  A shame, as we would not be afforded such spectacular views. Thanks for the share.

I doubt if old town Florence is actually within NFZ. Local regulations are simply trying to establish basic safety for herds of tourists flooding this place.
2018-4-25
Use props
Andrew_tw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1157464 ft
  • >>>

Nice footage. I guess this hasn't gone thru any sort of color grading?
I believe it will look stunning if some color grading is done.

Thank you for sharing
2018-4-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Too bad I am not allowed to fly over buildings in NL.
I really like these shots.
2018-4-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-25 16:08
I doubt if old town Florence is actually within NFZ. Local regulations are simply trying to establish basic safety for herds of tourists flooding this place.

Unfortunately, it is.   There are so many places that look fantastic from an aerial perspective, as can been seen on Youtube, but the ever-increasingly prohibitive laws coming into force have outlawed the practice.

https://www.dronezine.it/english/

https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/d ... ur-drones-de-loisir

http://www.noflydrones.co.uk/

Fly safe

2018-4-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

It is not just about Florence or Venice or Rome and tourists. In Italy, and many other EU countries it is illegal to fly a leisure drone over built-up areas. Like it or not, this is the rule and EVERYBODY, Italians or foreigners, MUST comply with it.
2018-4-26
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

It is not just about Florence or Venice or Rome and tourists. In Italy, and many other EU countries it is illegal to fly a leisure drone over built-up areas. Like it or not, this is the rule and EVERYBODY, Italians or foreigners, MUST comply with it.
2018-4-26
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer
Australia

Nice video they really pack them in all so close together
2018-4-26
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-4-26 01:29

I agree 100% with Antonio, on observing the RULES of our Country.

Malta has flight limit of 200ft. You dont know how much hassle and permits one needs to go through to obtain Insurance / Permits here in Malta.

Ask me !!!

Insurance costs a lot per year here in Malta, but at least I can fly with peace of mind, that if something happens everything is covered, including 3rd Party Damage Cover. Accidents do happen and sadly you will never know when they will happen.

This is not DJI CARE REFRESH Insurance, that only protects your drone. We are talking about a REAL Insurance, like a Car Insurance.

Fly safe ! Incase of an accident, and you dont have insurance, big  trouble will await you if you are not properly inline with rules. Dont risk !
2018-4-26
Use props
Blizzard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

I think, that, if every tourist would use a drone were he is going, there will be a lot of accidents!
But off course, aerial views can be spectacular.
2018-4-26
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Some drone owners think they can go buy a drone, switch the drone ON, and go Fly anywhere they want and how they want, they dont take precautions / obey rules.

Thats Very Bad. Especially for us Legit Pilots.

2018-4-26
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-25 07:29
Flying drones in Italy

I think hes Italian, he knows the RULES well enough.

May he loves to Show Off a bit, you know how Italians are !
2018-4-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Gregbella Posted at 2018-4-26 01:50
Nice video they really pack them in all so close together

Not anymore, they pack(ed) them so close centuries ago when the Florence was a centre of European civilization, culture and finances ...
2018-4-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would hazard a guess the OP is a tourist and didn't know the legalities of operating a drone in Italy. That said ignorance of law is no excuse, he should have researched prior to flying. Sure the footage is very good, but still a bit naughty.
2018-4-26
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

After taking my drone to Italy and after looking at the laws and sanctions I left it in my bag. A shame as there were some incredible shots to be had but that isn't a conversation I'd want to have in a foreign language with the police.
2018-4-26
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft

Amazing city!! Needed some filters I think for the light thanks for sharing
2018-4-26
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Stop praising illegal flights, as Antonio86 says you CANNOT fly a mavic over town like that. You people should just stop.Once every drone is gonna have a mandatory trasponder you are all going to jail for this, and for good reason.
2018-4-26
Use props
UgoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6843596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Nice video, but have you ever wondered why you see some of the videos of Florence, Rome or Venice? Since they are all cities with very rigid NFZ, foreign tourists discovered to fly usually take the drone only while Italians are fined with a high fine.
2018-4-27
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United Kingdom

I'm off to Florence later this year, I was thinking of taking the Mavic to get a nice photo of the city from outside, does anyone know if that would be illegal still?

Probably wont bother as it's a lot of stuff to take when you only have hand luggage and need an SLR too.
2018-4-27
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

Jay W Posted at 2018-4-24 23:36
Nice video.. I was there last week too and was about to take off the drone in a park but the nearby carabinieri walked over and gave me the no-no.

yes because Florence is forbidden to overfly..Rome and Venice are closed to any drone flight and needs notam and many authorizations in order to fly there. He was so lucky to fly in Florence, so many people have been blocked and authorities have seized their drones..
2018-4-27
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Italy

Folkestone Posted at 2018-4-26 11:47
After taking my drone to Italy and after looking at the laws and sanctions I left it in my bag. A shame as there were some incredible shots to be had but that isn't a conversation I'd want to have in a foreign language with the police.

you can use it but not into the cities, or only if you got an authorization from ENAC (Italian CAA). Florence have the airport inside city so it is forbidden to fly. So many people have its drones seized. Don't fly into forbidden areas or laws will become always more restrictive for us..
2018-4-27
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
United Kingdom

maurom82 Posted at 2018-4-27 06:59
you can use it but not into the cities, or only if you got an authorization from ENAC (Italian CAA). Florence have the airport inside city so it is forbidden to fly. So many people have its drones seized. Don't fly into forbidden areas or laws will become always more restrictive for us..

That's why I left it in my bag. I didn't want to risk it.

Would it have been ok to fly at Lake Garda? (Not that I had the weather)
2018-4-27
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Switzerland

Nice video. Try to work a bit more on post with it specifically the exposure, shadows and highlights.
2018-4-27
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Italy

Folkestone Posted at 2018-4-27 07:06
That's why I left it in my bag. I didn't want to risk it.

Would it have been ok to fly at Lake Garda? (Not that I had the weather)

Yes, you can fly over Garda lake, always far from groups of people, safe distance from buildings and fommon rules must be followed. I will try to fly over Garda when I can.
2018-4-27
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
United Kingdom

I’ll keep that in mind for next time. As it was, the weather was very rainy and foggy. No good flying days but a beautiful visit none the less.

Like this a lot:

DBD226C1-61D7-415B-9402-611BD0387260.jpeg
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Folkestone Posted at 2018-4-27 15:16
I’ll keep that in mind for next time. As it was, the weather was very rainy and foggy. No good flying days but a beautiful visit none the less.

Like this a lot:

Nice picture.
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules