Florence, Italy in 4K
8069 51 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks DJI Diana. Not with a DJI product, sadly. The trusty canon 7d.
2018-4-27
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

Folkestone Posted at 2018-4-27 15:16
I’ll keep that in mind for next time. As it was, the weather was very rainy and foggy. No good flying days but a beautiful visit none the less.

Like this a lot:

Wow!!! Wonderful picture!!
2018-4-27
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

thefrancoleman Posted at 2018-4-25 05:00
I am going to Florence and Milan next week. I really want to bring my Phantom 4 Pro, but I am scared that it might get confiscated in the airport

They won't confiscate it at the airport. They will only do that if you fly it in the restricted areas. Look in the DJI NFZ maps of Italy, a lot of areas are restricted Quite a pity.. lots of nice places.
2018-4-28
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Humm unfortunately my viewing pleasure was disturbed by my constant 'edge-of-the-seat' scrutiny from shot to shot wondering just how close to the line the OP actually went - over and above the obvious NFZ for central Florence. Generally the flight was over the Arno river so a bit less 'dangerous' if there was a motor failure mid flight. However even though it is sad that we are not allowed to fly from and over these spaces, we still are subject to the law - don't let the excitement get the better of your caution and judgment as in the end we may all be legally bound to only fly over deserts and oceans. (This is the pessimistic view of course)
I think the 'solution' is coming down the pike - basically the drones will be hobbled in the firmware ... NFZ will mean no NFZ and you just won't be able to fly the craft at all, as any coms from the sticks will be disabled.
2018-4-28
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Good video. Florence is a big attraction for all in the world but ...you flew up to the center of an historical city with dangerous risks.
2018-4-28
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andrew_tw Posted at 2018-4-25 21:20
Nice footage. I guess this hasn't gone thru any sort of color grading?
I believe it will look stunning if some color grading is done.

First of all, it needs proper exposure to hold detail and contrast.
2018-4-28
Use props
Galileo Galilei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119193 ft
Italy

You fly illegally and people like you will eventually get drones banned everywere. Shame on you!
2018-4-28
Use props
Galileo Galilei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119193 ft
Italy

AirSnaps Posted at 2018-4-27 06:45
I'm off to Florence later this year, I was thinking of taking the Mavic to get a nice photo of the city from outside, does anyone know if that would be illegal still?

Probably wont bother as it's a lot of stuff to take when you only have hand luggage and need an SLR too.

fly a drone over your house. In Italy flying in cities is illegal
2018-4-28
Use props
Rangers95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584695 ft
Switzerland

Im on my way to Italy this summer, rented a house in the Tuscany area, is in the middle of nowhere about 45 mins to Florence. Sadly the fly restrictions for UAV are quite strick. I'll be using the italian airspace lite, https://play.google.com/store/ap ... spacelite&hl=en, not planning on filming cities sadly, just the rural landscape and some lakes around the property.
2018-5-1
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Hi

Very impressive job!

Music was fitting very good.
2018-5-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice shot !
2018-6-8
Use props
djiuser_moXA7ZovOIZU
New

Austria

Folkestone Posted at 2018-4-27 15:16
I’ll keep that in mind for next time. As it was, the weather was very rainy and foggy. No good flying days but a beautiful visit none the less.

Like this a lot:[Image]

That's a beautiful image, Sir
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules