Compass heading
3801 16 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard07924
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227365 ft
United States

Does anyone k ow of a way to display the compass heading for the direction I’m heading while I fly?  This seems like it should be an easy thing, but I can’t find it anywhere.  Thanks in advance for some help to the new guy.
2018-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Small red triangle bottom left hand corner of your telemetry.
2018-4-25
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2

Tao the compass map then tap the red triangle. It changes orientation
2018-4-25
Use props
Richard07924
lvl.1
United States

I can get a general orientation, but I was hoping for an actual  numerical heading.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Richard07924 Posted at 2018-4-27 16:04
I can get a general orientation, but I was hoping for an actual  numerical heading.

What numerical heading where you looking for, if it’s long/lat this is provided by gps.
2018-4-27
Use props
Richard07924
lvl.1
United States

If the drone is facing 22 degrees, it would be nice if that number were shown instead of simply showing the picture of where the drone is pointed on a compas rose. Alternately, they could put the degrees on the compass rose. I feel I may not be expressing myself well, so here’s a link.

http://tamivox.org/dave/compass/index.html
2018-4-28
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The heading related to north is not important for navigating a drone compared to the heading related to the operator.  Is it pointed at you, away from you, to your left, or to your right, is more important for keeping the pilot oriented to where the drone is facing.  If it was related to north or compass degrees, then the operator would have to calculate where he was in relation to where he thought the drone was, to navigate back home.  Many drones then being lost due to poor untrained navigators.

They likely just saved the programming resources for more useful features.
2018-4-28
Use props
Ratnow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840669 ft
United States

Don't have any idea how to show actual compass heading while flying however, a compass can be overlayed on the video. I have a friend who has ovelayed a complete cockpit as though you were flying in the drone.
2018-4-28
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Ratnow Posted at 2018-4-28 09:08
Don't have any idea how to show actual compass heading while flying however, a compass can be overlayed on the video. I have a friend who has ovelayed a complete cockpit as though you were flying in the drone.

I am his friend and he is referring to this.
DashWare
2018-4-28
Use props
Mountain Man 4u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77238 ft
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-28 08:30
The heading related to north is not important for navigating a drone compared to the heading related to the operator.  Is it pointed at you, away from you, to your left, or to your right, is more important for keeping the pilot oriented to where the drone is facing.  If it was related to north or compass degrees, then the operator would have to calculate where he was in relation to where he thought the drone was, to navigate back home.  Many drones then being lost due to poor untrained navigators.

They likely just saved the programming resources for more useful features.

Richard has a great point fir navigating. Heading would be a great feature. I was wondering why it’s not there myself. For example, I do real estate. When looking at a parcel of land, I know the heading of a property line. I’d like to fly that route (heading)!to a point to show client approximate line/boundaries. The relationship of the drone to the operator is irrelevant. What is relevant is the flight path. If you’re flying an airplane or piloting a boat, you want to know your heading. Even if the orientation would show a North for the aircraft,  you could at least estimate your heading.
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_nZRu7T4GSRFY
New
Flight distance : 455226 ft
United States

Mountain Man 4u Posted at 2021-1-15 16:05
Richard has a great point fir navigating. Heading would be a great feature. I was wondering why it’s not there myself. For example, I do real estate. When looking at a parcel of land, I know the heading of a property line. I’d like to fly that route (heading)!to a point to show client approximate line/boundaries. The relationship of the drone to the operator is irrelevant. What is relevant is the flight path. If you’re flying an airplane or piloting a boat, you want to know your heading. Even if the orientation would show a North for the aircraft,  you could at least estimate your heading.

I would like a numerical heading also for taking video of rocket launches to make sure I am pounted exactly right..   pic of drone ready for after hurricane videos..   
2022-10-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-27 18:10
What numerical heading where you looking for, if it’s long/lat this is provided by gps.

Lat/long is position, not heading.
2022-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 10-5 14:18
Lat/long is position, not heading.

Have you nothing better to do than troll through comments made 5 years ago.
2022-10-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-6 04:18
Have you nothing better to do than troll through comments made 5 years ago.

I'm sorry ...  I saw the latest post and read back without checking the date.
When I noticed, it was too late ... you can't delete posts here.

But I'm still surprised that you thought lat/long was heading data.
2022-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 10-6 04:32
I'm sorry ...  I saw the latest post and read back without checking the date.
When I noticed, it was too late ... you can't delete posts here.

Then you should also have read first the question asked and the answer given. I never said long/lat was a heading.
2022-10-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-6 06:22
Then you should also have read first the question asked and the answer given. I never said long/lat was a heading.

You don't know when to give up.

I never said long/lat was a heading.
This sounds very much like you did.
What numerical heading where you looking for, if it’s long/lat this is provided by gps
Perhaps it's a language thing?

2022-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 10-6 09:03
You don't know when to give up.

I never said long/lat was a heading.

I think going back 5 years is not exactly showing any sign of giving up, troll on…
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules