Mavic Air Signal Loss
898 5 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc3363044
New

Philippines

I just had my Mavic Air yesterday evening so I was not able to fly it right away. This morning I had it all set up and had the updates done as was indicated by DJI Go 4 app.

This afternoon I had my very first flight. Right about 15 meters, video transmission suddenly lost. I had to bring it back home but it keeps on going forward, so I had to pull back on the remote every now and then as I was getting it down. Just about 4-5 meters, the drone kept going sideways so I had to pull it the other way with remote so it would not hit the side of our house. BUT the drone was not responding. SAD TO SAY IT CRASHED ON MY VERY FIRST FLIGHT. The odd thing is that the rotors kept spinning even if it was already upside down when it landed. I know that when the SPARK (i owned one before) is turned sideways, the motors will stop but this did not happen the MA.

I replaced all of the propellers and put on the prop guards when I decided to have another go (there are already scratches on the body from the crash). This time, about less than 30 meters, video lost transmission again and RTH warning already popped up on my phone.

This is really frustrating since I just got it and already crashed it. The spark was more reliable and the way cheaper. I sold it just to think that the Mavic Air is more superior!!!!!! Now I don’t know if I can have this replaced. So frustrated
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If the drone is still in warranty period, the local team will arrange data analysis after they received the package. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-4-26
Use props
fansc3363044
New

Philippines

Thanks for the quick reply. I already did even before I posted this. It seems like the forum is way more quicker than the support group.
2018-4-26
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Did you calibrate the IMU and compass?
2018-4-26
Use props
fansc3363044
New

Philippines

I did. I was really wondering why it did not respond to the remote. I kept pushing it to go forward but it kept going backwards until it hit the wall. You should see it clearly with flight history. I just don’t know how to upload it. Thanks so much for the quick reply
2018-4-26
Use props
bosanceros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1156299 ft
  • >>>
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I was so happy when I get the MA. Now I'm in holidays with the MA and yesterday I‘m going outside to trying it to make some pics and Videos. I had a Phantom 3 pro before.

So after 100-150m no Signal,no picture, sometimes i lost the signal when I’m 60m high.
I flying in a free area, also there’s nothing, no other frequencys or something else. It‘s only the beautiful nature.
In the same Area i was able to fly over 3km with the phantom 3 but with the Mavic Air i was so surprised. Now i know that the mavic air is only a selfie drone and put it with spark together.
I contacted the shop where I purchased it and now I will send it back.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules