Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remove Green Enhanced Warning Overlay
2167 10 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3e3810d7
lvl.1

New user with a Mavic Pro.  Is there a way to turn off the green Enhanced Warning circle?  I can see that the yellow and red zones need to be there but the green circle is a prefectly safe and legal area to fly in.  The circle significantly obscures both the map and satellite views.  The options under the "Warning Space Setings" menu seem to have no effect even when set to "Show Warning Prompts" or "Ignore".  I know the overlay circle I'm talking about is an Enhanced Warning Area because in the GEO Zone function (under the hamburger menu from the main screen) the cricle disapears when the Enhanced Warning Mode box is unchecked.      

2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, unlocking steps of the enhanced warning zones is same as the Authorization Zone, but no need to have a verified account or an internet connection at that time. This is a feature of GEO, I'm afraid it cannot be removed at present.
2018-4-26
Use props
fans3e3810d7
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-26 22:34
Hi there, unlocking steps of the enhanced warning zones is same as the Authorization Zone, but no need to have a verified account or an internet connection at that time. This is a feature of GEO, I'm afraid it cannot be removed at present.

I don't have any problem unlocking or flying in the zone...I'd just like the green overlay to be removed when I select "prompt Only".  Can that be done?
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3e3810d7 Posted at 2018-4-27 09:57
I don't have any problem unlocking or flying in the zone...I'd just like the green overlay to be removed when I select "prompt Only".  Can that be done?

All right. I'll forward to our engineers and hope they can consider this.
2018-5-4
Use props
Gitti
New
Flight distance : 9075 ft
Italy

Hi Susan,

I am having the same issue. The green overlay for the Enhanced Warning zone is making the map completely unusable.
Seems there is no way to remove it.

Did you ask the engineers and did you get any feedback?

Thank you
2018-8-25
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I'm having a similar issue when flying in a special use restriction area with a Spark. The overlay really obscures the map features, especially in bright sunlight, making it very difficult to navigate. At the very least an increase in transparency would greatly be appreciated, but it looks like this is a permanent change as this thread was started way back on April 25th and this issue remains active

2018-8-31
Use props
fans23a4f7b1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3762615 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2018-8-31 16:06
I'm having a similar issue when flying in a special use restriction area with a Spark. The overlay really obscures the map features, especially in bright sunlight, making it very difficult to navigate. At the very least an increase in transparency would greatly be appreciated, but it looks like this is a permanent change as this thread was started way back on April 25th and this issue remains active

.[view_image]

i am still experiencing the same green screen death and it makes me crazy.  Has a solution ever been found?
2018-9-4
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I think when they pass stuff up "to the engineers" that is code for forget it.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_s59mXmvjxfpB
New

Netherlands

Same here. I have an orange overlay. I agree with everything. Message tells me it can be unlocked. Well; it IS unlocked. Still a map view that looks like someone spilled fanta over it... Terrible to navigate like this!
2019-2-3
Use props
Brannon49
lvl.1
United States

DJI is totally dropping the ball on this issue.  I haven't been able to find anyone at DJI to explain how to remove these.  (just get the runaround).  I also can't find anyone outside of DJI that has an answer.  DJI is going to lose a customer over this as far as I'm concerned.
2019-3-7
Use props
dresoccer4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516306 ft
United States

Brannon49 Posted at 3-7 23:13
DJI is totally dropping the ball on this issue.  I haven't been able to find anyone at DJI to explain how to remove these.  (just get the runaround).  I also can't find anyone outside of DJI that has an answer.  DJI is going to lose a customer over this as far as I'm concerned.

agreed. these new changes are at best extremely annoying but at work very dangerous. my map is so obscured it's become completely unreadable

2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules