36539 326 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-17 10:39
Hiya, yes and this week version 3.2 comes out. Minor bugs repaired and some new features.

The latest version of the converter tool does not work with my program, you will need the older one.

I can wait, we all can wait

Gratitude is all we can give (how about a donate button?)
2018-6-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-19 03:24
I can wait, we all can wait

Gratitude is all we can give (how about a donate button?)

Good idea, when i have 1000 users i will start asking big money for future updates....
Was thinking 4 dollars for 2 year free updates
2018-6-19
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-19 03:28
Good idea, when i have 1000 users i will start asking big money for future updates....
Was thinking 4 dollars for 2 year free updates

I'd consider it a steal and I would be happy to pay up. Good work should be appreciated
2018-6-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

See post #1 ; FRAP version 3.2 is there!

cheers
JJB
2018-6-20
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-20 11:19
Hi all,

Thanks for the update
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool program, tyvm..........one tiny lil bug though, I can't seem set the gpsbabel path. The file is there but, the toggle switch just won't go green (file exists). Tried to set/edit path it to other locations (D drive, E Drive) where I had copied the gpsbabel file to but, it still won't flip to green (file exists). Running Win 7 64Bit and Frap 3.2

2018-6-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-20 20:47
Very cool program, tyvm..........one tiny lil bug though, I can't seem set the gpsbabel path. The file is there but, the toggle switch just won't go green (file exists). Tried to set/edit path it to other locations (D drive, E Drive) where I had copied the gpsbabel file to but, it still won't flip to green (file exists). Running Win 7 64Bit and Frap 3.2

[view_image]

Hi North Idaho Guy,

Thanks for your reply ; this minor bug is strange, Toggle switch is just checking if the file exists, nothing else.
Can you try to start GE + flightrecord ? (in view menu). If that works than FRAP can find and use GPSbabel.exe.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-20 22:07
Hi North Idaho Guy,

Thanks for your reply ; this minor bug is strange, Toggle switch is just checking if the file exists, nothing else.

I know, very strange and Nope, GE + flightrecord  just hangs

When editting the path, google just lights up green but, no deal with gpsbabel.........

2018-6-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-20 22:14
I know, very strange and Nope, just hangs

uhhmm, will check it out. What does hangs mean (i know the meaning), whathappens when u click that button?Normally there is a short windows command screen flash...converting GPX into KML!
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-20 22:17
uhhmm, will check it out.

Okay thanks, I'll remote into my work (win 7 64K) computer and see if same happens, will let you know. BTW, I'm running Frap on my E: drive, not on the C: drive if that makes any differance
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-20 22:17
uhhmm, will check it out. What does hangs mean (i know the meaning), whathappens when u click that button?Normally there is a short windows command screen flash...converting GPX into KML!

Nothing occurs, program does nothing
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same on work computer, installed on f:\ drive however if that matters

2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Moved Frap ("farp.exe" in zip file) to my C:\ drive, made no difference, won't recognize the gpsbabel file and switch over to green (Exists) and  GE + flightrecord within the program does noting.
2018-6-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting, why this error....

I have the same configuration!

cheers
JJB
picture.png
2018-6-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting, why this error....

I have the same configuration!

cheers
JJB
picture.png
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not sure.......Both my systems (home and work) are both win 7 ultimate 64K, work is fresh install last year, all up to date...........
2018-6-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-20 22:59
Not sure.......Both my systems (home and work) are both win 7 ultimate 64K, work is fresh install last year, all up to date...........

W10 here, but if the ToggleSwitch GE works, this should work as well ; same FindFile routine
When i know the solution i come back yo you to test.
cheers
JJB
2018-6-20
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-20 23:02
W10 here, but if the ToggleSwitch GE works, this should work as well ; same FindFile routine
When i know the solution i come back yo you to test.
cheers

No problem and thank you again, very cool program
2018-6-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-20 23:05
No problem and thank you again, very cool program

Found that bug, check your PM
2018-6-21
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Great, got the PM and thank you, I'll try it this morning in a bit and post back as soon as I can.........
2018-6-21
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Works like a charm, GE + flightrecord launches GE perfectly!! Many thanks to you good sir. Very nice tool indeed!!

2018-6-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-21 08:31
Works like a charm, GE + flightrecord launches GE perfectly!! Many thanks to you good sir. Very nice tool indeed!!

[view_image]

Good to read that it`s working!

And yes, i think it is a nice program too  

Have fun, good safe flying.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-21
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Maybe a request and if you get super bored later? Z axis/coords stuff might need fix'n in the kml/gpx export, that flight was 45 meters (145ft) up ...Just busy work however, still love the program ;)

2018-6-21
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Made this with sketchup, exported vector data (which included actual elevations data) out of autocad into kmz file...........I just manually then translated the real z data from underground to above the mine site 1000 feet above so as to be able to see the underground working from above....A underground sky map with leaders going down to where the underground portals exit to the surface   

2018-6-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

nice! i am never bored....love to ride my motorcycle a lot !

This GPX file is created by that converting tool, GXP into KML by GPSBabel (also freeware). GPSBabel has so many parameters, mayby i find one wich include height info as well.
From wich filel did you retrieve height info ?

cheers
JJB
2018-6-21
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-21 11:59
From wich filel did you retrieve height info ?

Sketchup(SU) is able to import autcad files (.dwg .dxf and such), autocad files are vectors of course. Once the model is inside sketchup, sketchup also allows  (another feature SU has) the import of geo-locations, and as such, I then navigate the earth and go to where the mine site is actually located, then import a patch of its actual geo-location info into my resident imported autocad model, i then associate the two by placement, I scale and translate the model as needed in relation to the geo-location patch and export the works as a kmz file and  poof!

The autocad's mine site model now lives (in 3D) on the earth where it actually is as per the kmz file. Just point GE to the kmz file and automagically, GE has placed my autocad model superimposed on the earth where it lives, as seen above....

Not quite what you're doing but, similar as I believe at compile time, the kmz (kml?) file receives and is embedded with the nessesary (actual real world) z axis info.  I just, in this case, manully moved the z infomation from not being able to see it underground to above the surface 1000 ft up as seen just for the visual reppresentation of the mine tunnel workings in the skyview but, of something underground...Hard to see things that are buried eh?
2018-6-21
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-20 11:19
Hi all,

Thanks for sharing JJB! Very cool!

MIrek
2018-6-21
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-21 11:59
nice! i am never bored....love to ride my motorcycle a lot !

This GPX file is created by that converting tool, GXP into KML by GPSBabel (also freeware). GPSBabel has so many parameters, mayby i find one wich include height info as well.

Just to get slightly off topic what bike do you have?
2018-6-22
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

landude Posted at 2018-6-22 08:04
Just to get slightly off topic what bike do you have?

Hi, a off topic picture
Honda-ST1300.jpg
2018-6-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-22 08:19
Hi, a off topic picture

That's no bike, that's a sofa

Please tell me you use it to cross Europe with it instead of the Westfriese omringdijk.
2018-6-22
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-22 13:34

Please tell me you use it to cross Europe with it instead of the Westfriese omringdijk.

both... if i have enough free time
2018-6-22
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-21 11:54
Made this with sketchup, exported vector data (which included actual elevations data) out of autocad into kmz file...........I just manually then translated the real z data from underground to above the mine site 1000 feet above so as to be able to see the underground working from above....A underground sky map with leaders going down to where the underground portals exit to the surface   

[view_image]

KML files are not that hard to make, and height info is easy to implement...
So that`s the easiest way to make with FRAP data a good KML file to see in GE.
First try is hopefull....

cheers
JJB
2018-6-23
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-22 13:34

One fast sofa at least! At least 200 km/h. But nothing like a Kawasaki ZZR1100 or Suzuki Hayabusa that top out about 300+ km/h. What a buzz - riding with all that power, but nowhere to unleash the full potential legally. Quicker than most expensive sports/race cars for a fraction of the cost - with the feeling only other riders can understand. Leaning, moving as required to keep everything balanced, exposed to the elements - it's more than 'driving' - the rider becomes part of the motorbike...
Sorry - I'm off topic. But it's hard to ignore sharing the love of motorcycles & the freedom experienced. Nice Honda JJB - looks like a sports version of a Goldwing.  I'll PM any future off topic comments.
Safe riding.
2018-7-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-7-6 06:07
One fast sofa at least! At least 200 km/h. But nothing like a Kawasaki ZZR1100 or Suzuki Hayabusa that top out about 300+ km/h. What a buzz - riding with all that power, but nowhere to unleash the full potential legally. Quicker than most expensive sports/race cars for a fraction of the cost - with the feeling only other riders can understand. Leaning, moving as required to keep everything balanced, exposed to the elements - it's more than 'driving' - the rider becomes part of the motorbike...
Sorry - I'm off topic. But it's hard to ignore sharing the love of motorcycles & the freedom experienced. Nice Honda JJB - looks like a sports version of a Goldwing.  I'll PM any future off topic comments.
Safe riding.

Thanks Sparkz71, i do my best of riding safe!  only one accident in many years, it was my fault.
Unfortunately Honda doesn`t make this type anymore, due to emission regulations.
The new Goldwing cost about 37k in euro, wich i can not afford, just....hihi
cheers
JJB
2018-7-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-6 06:18
Thanks Sparkz71, i do my best of riding safe!  only one accident in many years, it was my fault.
Unfortunately Honda doesn`t make this type anymore, due to emission regulations.
The new Goldwing cost about 37k in euro, wich i can not afford, just....hihi

Here is what you need when it comes to MOTORcycle.
2018-7-6
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-7-6 06:07
One fast sofa at least! At least 200 km/h. But nothing like a Kawasaki ZZR1100 or Suzuki Hayabusa that top out about 300+ km/h. What a buzz - riding with all that power, but nowhere to unleash the full potential legally. Quicker than most expensive sports/race cars for a fraction of the cost - with the feeling only other riders can understand. Leaning, moving as required to keep everything balanced, exposed to the elements - it's more than 'driving' - the rider becomes part of the motorbike...
Safe riding.

Funny story about the Busa you mentioned. My father in law used to ride motorbikes in his 20's, all illegal and uninsured and he didn't even have a license. A few years back, because of me and my wife enjoying biking so much, he decided that he would want to join the fun with us (late midlife crises?), so he mailed us a picture of a bike he saw, Yes, a Hayabusa.
We called him crazy and assured him he really shouldn't do it and we would be worried.  Two days later he called, if my wife could pick up his new bike because he still didn't have a license ofcourse...
What my wife came back with wasn't really a surprise
IMG_1871 (Large).JPG

So we had a Hayabusa for a few weeks, untill he got his license. Thankfully he never crashed it, and did took care of it and himself. In those weeks we've owned it we rode it quite often, and to our own suprise, it is not an initmidating bike to ride at all, it is a bit of a whale when riding it off the freeway, but on the freeway it is as smooth as a bike can get, and indeed, deadly fast, mainly because you have no notion of speed at all.

In any case its not a bike I'd prefer, I have had a few sport/touring bikes with a fairing, but I really like riding in the purest way, exposed to the elements. I always said that the perfect bike is deadly boring, and I like em like a motto I've heard once and always kept circling in my head "When a bike is doing 150, but feels like 220, it's more fun then doing 220 feeling like 150"
You will never get sporting out of me, but I have come to learn my own limits when I was younger, No need to charge every corner anymore. I just enjoy the ride, with my head in the wind.
_68A7216.jpg

If you do want to be intimidated, don't go for a Busa, ZX12R or BMW1000R, go for a KTM Superduke 1190, that will do the trick.
IMG_1871 (Large).JPG
2018-7-6
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-6 07:02
Here is what you need when it comes to MOTORcycle.
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Ffc%2F46%2Fdf%2Ffc46dfe81a9780f1b3d20cc5fed84c05--design-cars-the-nerve.jpg&f=1[/img]

Yuk, that is not a motorcycle, and it has two many wheels
2018-7-6
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I'd be needing a speeding ticket analyzer.....  

Still longing for a Mac port!  (though I can run in a Windows VM anyway)
2018-7-13
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Win 10 64 bit pc here. Have FRAP folder in C root, as well as the txt folder, but continue to receive the above message when file is chosen. Appreciate your talents creating this program, and hope you can help. Im using current 3.2 version of Frap.
Thanks
2018-7-13
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

stuka75 Posted at 2018-7-13 06:37
[view_image]
Win 10 64 bit pc here. Have FRAP folder in C root, as well as the txt folder, but continue to receive the above message when file is chosen. Appreciate your talents creating this program, and hope you can help. Im using current 3.2 version of Frap.
Thanks

Hi Stuka,

Hard to tell what causes this error.

Is your test.txt a flightrecord.txt file?
I see "C:\...\New Folder", i think that your sub txt folder is not one level of the root.

Try i.e.  C:\FRAP (program etc) and C:\FRAP\TXT1 (your flightrecords). Set the file location correct in the options.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules