How far do you travel to fly your drone?
678 12 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dacdiver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50003 ft
Canada

Curious to see how far people go to fly.  I'm not talking about going on vacation or a weekend trip, I'm talking about everyday flying.

Thanks,
Single SelectVote, Total 22 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

54.55% (12)
9.09% (2)
9.09% (2)
22.73% (5)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
4.55% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-4-25
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

I go right or my back door.
2018-4-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

#7 - 40,075 km, but I always ended up where I started.  
2018-4-26
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

25 Mile radius puts me to the Beach, Forest, City & Many Lakes.
2018-4-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Drove 130km round trip last week to get a specific photo i wanted of a mangrove forest.  Not unusual for me to dedicate a day just to drone flying when im not working.
Ive "done" my local area.
2018-4-27
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

If it is not a weekend trip or a holiday it is around 30 - 50km as I am living in a big city. So to get to some nice spots, a bit of travel is needed.
2018-4-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Last trip out was 65km
2018-4-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My main locations are within a 20 mile radius of my house. Though I have travelled as far as 200 miles away in one day just to fly but that is the exception and not the norm.
2018-4-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-4-27 02:29
My main locations are within a 20 mile radius of my house. Though I have travelled as far as 200 miles away in one day just to fly but that is the exception and not the norm.

lol we have a road trip planned as soon as the weather picks up long enough to get us away. Best guess at distance 700 miles or more, round the Ring of Kerry, over every mountain, around every bay, a night in a hotel and away we go again. 2 day road trip and can't wait.

wow my guess was way off, make that three days and 2 nights in a hotel yippeeee mini holiday and double the milage
2018-4-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-27 03:01
lol we have a road trip planned as soon as the weather picks up long enough to get us away. Best guess at distance 700 miles or more, round the Ring of Kerry, over every mountain, around every bay, a night in a hotel and away we go again. 2 day road trip and can't wait.

Jesus H LOL - I thought North London to South Downs in Surrey was far but that distance would be like me taking a trip to Scotland!
2018-4-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-4-27 03:15
Jesus H LOL - I thought North London to South Downs in Surrey was far but that distance would be like me taking a trip to Scotland!

From my house to the Ring of Kerry is 175km that's the easy part, going round exploring the Ring of Kerry is where the mileage is going to add up, there is just so much to see there, in every direction is a stunning landscape, and I mean stunning. Outstanding natural beauty from beaches to vast mountain landscapes, lakes of every size and shape, quaint little Irish villages from times gone by, old ruins and the odd castle, waterfall, River.  It is going to be epic, we done a mini tour a few years back and it was fabulous, a day out and about and an evening propping up the bar listening to the live music the hotel put on. Breakfast was always a sullen affair..... not drinking ever again.....lol soon sobered up walking up a mountain or along a long beach..... can't wait. Not that I will be drinking Mrs M2W, nope, not me.    
2018-4-27
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My favorite spot is a huge waterfalls on salmon river in ny, 2 hour round trip.
2018-4-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-27 03:27
From my house to the Ring of Kerry is 175km that's the easy part, going round exploring the Ring of Kerry is where the mileage is going to add up, there is just so much to see there, in every direction is a stunning landscape, and I mean stunning. Outstanding natural beauty from beaches to vast mountain landscapes, lakes of every size and shape, quaint little Irish villages from times gone by, old ruins and the odd castle, waterfall, River.  It is going to be epic, we done a mini tour a few years back and it was fabulous, a day out and about and an evening propping up the bar listening to the live music the hotel put on. Breakfast was always a sullen affair..... not drinking ever again.....lol soon sobered up walking up a mountain or along a long beach..... can't wait. Not that I will be drinking Mrs M2W, nope, not me.

Sounds like its going to be one hell of a great trip mate. Look forward to seeing the footage on here from both of you
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules