Home / TELLO /
10475 18 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I've had my Tello for a while and was having great fun with it....until....I got a new phone.

It appears the app may not be fully compatible with the Samsung S9+.  Whenever I try to to turn from photo mode to video mode, the app crashes....not so great when the drone is starting to drift.

If you are thinking of getting a Tello and have a Samsung 9+, you may want to research this before buying.  I've not found anyone else having this problem but I worked with Ryze online support for an hour on this, and although they are very nice and the support is good, the problem appears to be unsolvable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-4-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, have you ever upgraded to latest firmware version - 01.03.18.01 , then removed and reinstalled the APP ?
2018-4-27
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Yes....I have the correct firmware version and I have uninstalled, restarted my phone, and then re-installed the app.  The support person on chat walked me through this, I'm still having the problem.  Additionally they had me change the quality of photo to "High" and bitrate to 4, still have the problem.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-4-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sorry to read on this, it is regret that Samsung S9+  is not in the compatible list and we respectfully recommend you the latest APP version and the compatible devices to achieve better view.
2018-5-2
Use props
Fleischer-IT
lvl.1

Germany

I have problems connecting my tello with my Samsung Galaxy S9+. I would be happy, if you could fix the general problems with the S9+. Actually the tello ist useless, because I have no other phone.
2018-5-5
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

I've also been having fun with my Tello, until I upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S9+ this past weekend and was disappointed to find that it doesn't work. I can connect my phone to the Tello via WiFi. But, when I bring up the app, there's no camera view or ability to control the Tello. I've updated the firmware, removed and reinstalled the app, to no avail. This really bites!
2018-5-21
Use props
Fleischer-IT
lvl.1

Germany

I found a solution. You have to disable mobile data. Now I can connect with my S9+. Hope this will help everybody.
2018-6-24
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for your kindness sharing. That would be highly appreciated.  
2018-6-24
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1118091 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fleischer-IT Posted at 2018-6-24 12:13
I found a solution. You have to disable mobile data. Now I can connect with my S9+. Hope this will help everybody.

You star! I'd been trying to solve this problem all morning with much frustration, and you fixed it in an instant. Thank you
2018-9-18
Use props
Steven Mitchell
New

United States

Tried all of this. I still do not get a clear camera. At most it is grey with grey and purple strips. Photo mode is a complete green screen.
2019-1-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Steven Mitchell Posted at 1-27 18:37
Tried all of this. I still do not get a clear camera. At most it is grey with grey and purple strips. Photo mode is a complete green screen.

Hi Steven
Thanks for trying all these above.

Pretty sorry that Samsung S9 is not in the recommended list. There are many different mobile devices available on the market and our APP can't work with all of them. so we dropped support for certain ones at the link here: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads

Again, sorry for that. If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have an awesome day ahead!
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_gCYex35j0YbW
New
Canada

The Galaxy S9 has been out for nearly a year and you guys still can't certify it? It's one of the most popular Android devices in 2018 as well!

I have a Note 9 with the green screen issue, and obviously it's also not "certified" to work with the Tello app either. Definitely not great service from you guys, and honestly it affects any recommendation I could give for DJi products in general (no other app gives me compatibility issues!)

"Sorry" isn't going to cut it when this issue is more than 6 months old and still not resolved.
2019-2-1
Use props
fansc01be532
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102264 ft
United States

I have a Galaxy s9+ and it works perfectly.  Never had one issue.
2019-2-2
Use props
djiuser_dDAfSQekgUbZ
New

Norway

I have the S9+, and it works great as long as I dont enable Bluetooth. Then video disappears....
I will try with a Sony z2 later to compare...
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_dDAfSQekgUbZ
New

Norway

djiuser_dDAfSQekgUbZ Posted at 2-5 11:57
I have the S9+, and it works great as long as I dont enable Bluetooth. Then video disappears....
I will try with a Sony z2 later to compare...

Now tried the same with my Sony Z2.
Same there. Working fine qhen using the phone.

When I connect my Mocute controller theough BT, video disappears. (And I am not able to use the controller in the Tello App...)
So currently blaming the coorperation between the Tello app and my Mocute.
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_dDAfSQekgUbZ
New

Norway

djiuser_dDAfSQekgUbZ Posted at 2-5 12:26
Now tried the same with my Sony Z2.
Same there. Working fine qhen using the phone.

I now tried to use my Xbox controller.
The controller is connecting fine to my phone, but no response in the app.
But this time, the video didn't stopped working. The only issue now, was no reaction when trying to use the Xbox BT controller.
So, to me, it seems like the Tello app has very limited, if any, support for BT controllers....
2019-2-5
Use props
Dwight Lee
lvl.1

United States

Oh No! I just ordered a Tello Drone and was really looking forward to it, very excited, but I have a Galax s9+ phone..... so I need to cancel my order?
2019-3-31
Use props
Dwight Lee
lvl.1

United States

Eventually ( like a year from now ) I hoped to get a Mavic Air, but wanted to cut my drone teeth on a toy drone for a while and Tello seemed to have the best features for a little drone. ( sigh ) if I cant use it with my phone for video and FPV use..... Id rather not go to another drone if I can help it
2019-3-31
Use props
Dwight Lee
lvl.1

United States

I got my Tello, using a galaxy S9 +, fewer problems than expected, using the drone, camera and video no issues, connected Ti controller no issue. the only issue is that in VR the images are not properly centered in my phone so unusable so far.  Still I am not disappointed, will use my wife's S8 for VR use until the firmware supports the S9 +
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules