MA switch to manual channel/ pictures copy kept in the phone.
663 5 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Hi all!

Yesterday I was testing the manual channel switching with the mavic air and I realized you CAN'T switch while airbone. I cheked the manual and I saw nothing about this. Should the drone be landed to be able to switch channels?

The menu let's me switch to MANUAL, but then there's nothingtelling me I have to land to be able to switch and pressing the numbers down the graph is doing nothing. It also does not show anything to switch to 2.4Ghz.

Also, I don't really understand the behaviour of the pictures cpies into the phone. I know most of them show up as thumbnails or previews, so when you check them they are pixelated due to the low resolution. At the same time, some of the pictures show higher resolution and are "good" enough to be sent to someone as a preview. This looks super random. It doe snot work with HDR pictures, as yesterday I was taking only HDR pics of the sunset and none of them appeared in my phone, not even as thumbnails.

Does anyone know what exactly is the behaviour to create thumbnails and/or low resolution copies?

Thanks!

2018-4-26
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Nobody knows?
2018-4-26
Use props
TEEDoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32188 ft
United States

I've had my Air for a few weeks, and I still haven't figured out how to view the images without downloading them to a computer or viewing them from the aircraft through the app, which seems to require that the aircraft is running. There should be a simpler solution!
2018-4-26
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

TEEDoc Posted at 2018-4-26 17:48
I've had my Air for a few weeks, and I still haven't figured out how to view the images without downloading them to a computer or viewing them from the aircraft through the app, which seems to require that the aircraft is running. There should be a simpler solution!

In the DGI GO 4 app tap the editor icon on the bottom of the screen and then tap Album.
There are tabs for photos and videos.
2018-4-26
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

As it seems like nobody has ever changed to manual channel, I'll share my testing yesterday:

Once you switch on the drone, keep it on the ground, go to your wifi channels in the app and switch to "manual". After that, on the bottom of the screen you have the channel numbers. select any of them with your finger pressing on the small number at the bottom of the X axis and the app will ask you to restart the wifi. Accept it and you will be in your selected channel.

Thanks!
2018-4-30
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

One update: I tested it today. I chose a channel in 2.4 ghz with barely any interference and the drone went fine up to 900m (it wasn't too high in the sky as there were gust winds of 70 km/h I was trying to avoid). In an clearer space with direct view, It'd have gone further away!
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules