DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Encounters Fatal Error
2759 5 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travisallen02
lvl.1

United States

Hello All,

This is my first time posting so please forgive me if I am posting incorrectly. I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 and have been flying it for months with few errors. However, recently I began noticing a "Fatal Error" that occurs sometimes when I attempt to take off. The error seems to pop up sporadically and without cause. Most of the time, I can find a way around it by switching batteries, calibrating the compass, or restarting everything. I was curious if anyone has encountered a similar error and how to solve this issue. Obviously, "Fatal Error" is quite a frightening error and I don't want to be taking unneccessary risks if something is seriously wrong. I have never crashed or caused any damage to the drone.

Any help would be appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of the error I am getting. Thanks.

Fatal Error.jpg

2015-5-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As you live in the US I would call or email DJI support as the error text suggests.
(818) 235 0789
us.support@dji.com

Never seen a message like that myself.
2015-5-9
Use props
w
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I had the same message today when I first tried mine, very simple solution, I spoke to the the tech guy, he said connect your phantom to the computer, open up the dji phantom assistant, (make sure you have downloaded the drivers and software from dji first) click on tools when the program opens then click the basic cali button. this solved the issue for me, hope this is helpful
2015-5-11
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

w@yne-curnock.c Posted at 2015-5-12 00:01
Hi, I had the same message today when I first tried mine, very simple solution, I spoke to the the t ...

Are you saving this is an IMU problem?
2015-5-11
Use props
travisallen02
lvl.1

United States

An IMU issue would make sense. I noticed the green lights flashing rapidly when it is on the ground which apparently means it needs to be calibrated. I will try this once I return home and will update.
2015-5-13
Use props
travisallen02
lvl.1

United States

This appears to have fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks for the replies.
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules