Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who's using Cendence with DJI Patch Antenna?
3862 18 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

... and how this device performs as compared to standard stick antennas, all FW up to date assuming?
2018-4-26
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

I'm using the Patch antenna and have been very happy with the results.  I do need to take care to make sure I'm always facing the bird though. I noticed the weak signal when walking away from the hovering I2 during a shoot that I did about two weeks ago - found myself walking backwards a lot to get it done.

2018-4-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-4-26 11:34
I'm using the Patch antenna and have been very happy with the results.  I do need to take care to make sure I'm always facing the bird though. I noticed the weak signal when walking away from the hovering I2 during a shoot that I did about two weeks ago - found myself walking backwards a lot to get it done.

And what are the results of using DJI Patch Antenna that makes you happy, if you don't mind me asking? Can you be more specific (transmitting range as compared to standard sticks), please? Thank you for response...
2018-4-26
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-26 14:02
And what are the results of using DJI Patch Antenna that makes you happy, if you don't mind me asking? Can you be more specific (transmitting range as compared to standard sticks), please? Thank you for response...

I fly in a lot of different environments - some city, some desert.  I have an area of desert near me that I like to fly after upgrading firmware to make sure the thing won't fall out of the sky.  One of the tests I do is fly 50 feet off the ground and head due west, circle around a recycling plant (out in the middle of nowhere) and then back again.  It's exactly 1.5 miles to the plant.  I can do this with either antenna, but when using the sticks, the video feed gets choppy as I circle the plant. With the Patch antenna, I am able to complete the entire test without a single dropped frame.  Obviously not scientific, but it works for me. I should mention that the entire route is very flat with nothing between me and the drone.

That being said, my most recent flights have been shooting short films and music videos. The drone is almost always within a few hundred feet of me and only 50-100 feet AGL. I have been considering switching to the stick antenna just to reduce some weight and not have to worry about being so directional.

It's all what you get used to. The patch has been working great for me since day one so I probably won't test fate and just leave it the way it is.

Hope this helps...
2018-4-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-4-26 14:28
I fly in a lot of different environments - some city, some desert.  I have an area of desert near me that I like to fly after upgrading firmware to make sure the thing won't fall out of the sky.  One of the tests I do is fly 50 feet off the ground and head due west, circle around a recycling plant (out in the middle of nowhere) and then back again.  It's exactly 1.5 miles to the plant.  I can do this with either antenna, but when using the sticks, the video feed gets choppy as I circle the plant. With the Patch antenna, I am able to complete the entire test without a single dropped frame.  Obviously not scientific, but it works for me. I should mention that the entire route is very flat with nothing between me and the drone.

That being said, my most recent flights have been shooting short films and music videos. The drone is almost always within a few hundred feet of me and only 50-100 feet AGL. I have been considering switching to the stick antenna just to reduce some weight and not have to worry about being so directional.

Thank you so much for detailed explanation. I can only conclude that DJI products are like a boxes of chocolates ... You never know what you gonna get ... My experience is exactly opposite: sticks can get me 2 miles away and turn back with no transmission drop whatsoever, while patch antenna starts breaking communication at 1 mile, worsening at turn back and continues to provide lousy feed until i can heard the  bird. Go figure ...
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matthew, Cendence’s redesigned Patch antennas significantly increase gain, ensuring high-quality video transmission at up to 10 Mbps within 4 km. Higher gain also extends the max transmission distance from 7 km to 10 km. If the signal of your Patch Antenna is poor, please send in for flight test and evaluation.
2018-4-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-27 01:08
Hi Matthew, Cendence’s redesigned Patch antennas significantly increase gain, ensuring high-quality video transmission at up to 10 Mbps within 4 km. Higher gain also extends the max transmission distance from 7 km to 10 km. If the signal of your Patch Antenna is poor, please send in for flight test and evaluation.

Thank you, Mindy. My patch antenna performs really badly, far from specifications you mention here. I'll send it back for evaluation.

Matthew.
2018-4-27
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated to the latest Cendence firmware ? If so did you do this with the Patch connected to the RC ?

It should now show the patch connected along the bottom in the status window
2018-4-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2018-4-27 23:38
Have you updated to the latest Cendence firmware ? If so did you do this with the Patch connected to the RC ?

It should now show the patch connected along the bottom in the status window

Thank you for your reply. Yes, i updated Cendence fw recently, of course without patch antenna connected ... Should I repeat the update with patch antenna? Cendence is recognizing this antenna now, displaying the status at the bottom of screen, but the performance is miserable ...
2018-4-28
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Flew a test with the patch antenna yesterday. Video transmission was good to about 3.5 km out (over the ocean, 45m ASL). I also noticed that the video lagged a bit when I turned the AC around to come back, but it went back to normal shortly thereafter.
2018-4-30
Use props
Midsouth360
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-28 10:37
Thank you for your reply. Yes, i updated Cendence fw recently, of course without patch antenna connected ... Should I repeat the update with patch antenna? Cendence is recognizing this antenna now, displaying the status at the bottom of screen, but the performance is miserable ...

Did you ever get good range from your patch antenna?  Did you send it back for evaluation?  Mine seems really poor.  I am running the latest firmware 02.01.0300
2018-12-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Midsouth360 Posted at 12-23 21:22
Did you ever get good range from your patch antenna?  Did you send it back for evaluation?  Mine seems really poor.  I am running the latest firmware 02.01.0300

I believe that aircraft FW had not much to do with patch antenna. It's rather Cendence FW which contains elements required for patch antenna. Once the RC firmware is upgraded with antenna plugged in, everything should work fine.

This summer I was able to reach 6 km range with my M200 before the system required RTH.  
2018-12-23
Use props
cloudsurf
lvl.2

United States

The combo works well from my end but will report back if there any issues.
2018-12-25
Use props
VikramDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 543763 ft
  • >>>
India

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-28 10:37

Dear Matthew,

Can you help me with the following query in the below link.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-176610-1-1.html

2019-1-6
Use props
VikramDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 543763 ft
  • >>>
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-27 01:08

HI Mindy

Requesting to check the below link and help me the video transmission of M210 to the TV via slave RC place at 30 meters away from Homepoint/ master RC.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-176610-1-1.html
2019-1-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

VikramDrone Posted at 1-6 20:35
Dear Matthew,

Can you help me with the following query in the below link.

Vikram, I'm sorry but I have absolutely no experience with wireless video transmission to a separate monitor. Perhaps this video will help:
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

VikramDrone Posted at 1-6 20:37
HI Mindy

Requesting to check the below link and help me the video transmission of M210 to the TV via slave RC place at 30 meters away from Homepoint/ master RC.

Hi VikramDrone, we will keep you updated in your own thread, thanks.
2019-1-7
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772867 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-27 09:38
Thank you, Mindy. My patch antenna performs really badly, far from specifications you mention here. I'll send it back for evaluation.

Matthew.

Late to the party here but I was having a similar issue of poor performance with the patch antenna.  I have yet to test but I realized that my antenna was mounted backwards.  After reviewing some other posts I noticed in the pictures that the can cable came out of the right hand side on the pictures and mine was on the left.  Imagine this would have some impact on connection.  Will report back but figured I would add this in case other users find this thread.
2020-1-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

ive used the patch exclusively since it came out and has always been solid. i much prefer it over the aerials. dji could have made the orientation more clear to eliminate this issue.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules