Cendence Patch Antenna: what is it for, actually?
1767 3 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well, in theory it should significantly extend the range of radio transmission ... This will translate to extended flight range of compatible DJI aircrafts, Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series that is ...

Today I was testing my M200 drone performance after recent FW update. This part went smoothly with standard stick antennas and CrystalSky Ultra monitor on Cendence RC. No major issue noticed during single routine maneuverings and following flight 3 km away.

Next set of T50 batteries was used to fly with patch antenna. Cendence kindly recognised change in antenna setup, off we go ... 1.5 km away the transmission starts weakening and breaking ... didn't push for more ... turn the bird around heading home with shattered radio communication until 500 m away.

Yes, I'm aware of differencies between omnidirectional stick antennas and directional patch antenna. Yes, the intire controlling equipment is on tripod, rock solid. Yes, I was trying to maintain BVLOS and patch antenna position as much as humanly possible ...

Now I understand why Patch Antenna was so generously offered as a bonus for Cendence buyers ... The fortune cookie, the flop ? Or perhaps that's me, not aware of some specific settings for patch antenna?
2018-4-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Who's using Cendence with DJI Patch Antenna?

... and how this device is performing as compared with standard stick antennas, all FW up to date assuming?
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have replied your another thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline Please keep me updated there, I will follow up, thank you.
2018-4-27
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Hi everyone, could you please confirm that the Cendence Patch Antenna is compatible with the Cendence S?
Or does it only work with the Cendence?

Thanks so much
Rogier
2022-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules