Brand new replacement Mavic air, 4 flights, gimbal issues..
1270 3 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RyanBorger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310892 ft
United States

Ok, I don't think I can handle waiting to ship this drone to Cali and back again..  It was working great this morning.. Just perfect.   Flew it around after waiting for the weather to break and just getting it back Monday afternoon.  Flew one quick flight for a friend to do some shots of his property.  Couldn't fly it much till weather broke a bit late yesterday afternoon.  All was well. Today BEAUTIFUL weather, so I had some good flights till the last update on the firmware on the mavic air. 2nd update.   Now I can't keep signal at all, using all the same settings I was using.  Tablet in airplane mode, with wifi on, on the tablet was working perfectly.  Only had a few minor drop offs flew it 2,000 feet away. Everything was perfect.  Suddenly now the gimbal is screwed up and won't roll right, and I can't connect at all.     I have DJI care refresh, but this is a warranty issue. I patiently waited for them to ship it back to me.   

It will calibrate the gimbal, but didn't fix the problem. I have some video of it.  This is not ok...   They said they repaired it on the repair slip, but all they did was swap out the battery I sent to a new one, and shipped it back.    DJI support people, is there anyway to do this without having to send it in, then wait for them to ship it back?  1 time ok, I can deal with the wait, but this is going to be a month of me owning it, without it in my hands by the time I get it back again...  Arrg... I'm trying so hard to deal with the issues, as when it works I LOVE it, and get great results, but then it doesn't work.. Help?  

2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. For the gimbal issue, is there any error message in your DJI GO4 app? If yes, please show us a screenshot of the error message, we'll look into it.
2018-4-26
Use props
RyanBorger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310892 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-26 22:32
Hi Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. For the gimbal issue, is there any error message in your DJI GO4 app? If yes, please show us a screenshot of the error message, we'll look into it.

Gimbal overload, then it freezes rotating horizontally.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RyanBorger Posted at 2018-4-28 12:59
Gimbal overload, then it freezes rotating horizontally.

Just to verify, the gimbal can be calibrated successfully right? Could you please share us a short video about Roll axis issue?
2018-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules