Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controlling Spark with my smartphone AND using my smartphone camera?
507 5 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TellyWise
lvl.2
United States

I had a fun/silly idea for some creative content this afternoon.  
I wanted to put my Spark into 'Follow Mode' to follow me.  I was using my smartphone to control (no Spark RC).  Once Spark was following me, and recording video, I then tried to exit the DJI app and open my smartphone camera.
(I probably shouldn't be surprised... I get it) To my surprise, Spark would STOP following me when I exit out of the app on the phone.
Is there a workaround to this?
Thanks

2018-4-26
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Two phones?  But seriously.. I always wondered how much of the 'smart' functions of the spark were done by the spark itself as opposed to the processor in the phone. Like, is the spark doing the tracking or is the phone doing  it and telling the spark how to move..   I guess it might be the phone after all ..
2018-4-26
Use props
TellyWise
lvl.2
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-4-26 13:21
Two phones?  But seriously.. I always wondered how much of the 'smart' functions of the spark were done by the spark itself as opposed to the processor in the phone. Like, is the spark doing the tracking or is the phone doing  it and telling the spark how to move..   I guess it might be the phone after all ..

Speaking of two phones, I'm going out to my car to get my 'spare' after I click reply.  Seems like the only way to get this done.
Never thought about 'who' was doing all the work when you have it follow or track mode. Makes sense.
Thanks!
2018-4-26
Use props
SparkChog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

you might consider doing it with just gesture mode. don't connect your phone, i know it will automatically track you once you wave.

it's going to be a bit scary tho
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Telly, if you want spark continue to follow you, please do not exit the app. Hope you can finish your work with two phones. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-26
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-4-26 13:21

I think the ability to follow is related to the software that lets the Osmo mobile device gimbal follow a person.   The app sees the picture and manipulates the device to keep the phone's camera pixels reporting the same colors in the target area.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules