Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Get a dead battery alive from a mavic pro
10636 11 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arendishier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134186 ft
Netherlands

I get a totally dead battery alive from my mavic pro by putting it on the charger and push on both buttons beside the battery and its charging again. Iam so happy :-)
2018-4-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Do you mean the buttons on sides of Mavic Pro battery that are used to release latches holding battery to Mavic Pro?
2018-4-26
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah both buttons on the side are only for releasing it and has nothing to do with any functions of the battery.  Only the top button turns on or turns off and checks battery level.  
2018-4-26
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

2018-4-26
Use props
Arendishier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134186 ft
Netherlands

Are you sure they are not connected and only for keeping the battery on its place? I did everything to wake up my dead battery and doing this the battery start charging and is full now and working! Belief it or not
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arendishier Posted at 2018-4-26 17:33
Are you sure they are not connected and only for keeping the battery on its place? I did everything to wake up my dead battery and doing this the battery start charging and is full now and working! Belief it or not

Did your battery work normally now? Please contact us if you have any problem with your drone.
2018-4-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Are you sure they are not connected and only for keeping the battery on its place? I did everything to wake up my dead battery and doing this the battery start charging and is full now and working! Belief it or not

Thinking that pushing on two side buttons that are for releasing battery from Mavic Pro flexed the battery case.  The flexing caused a wire, a connection, or trace or solder joint on circuit board to temporarily make connection and start charging.  

I would send battery in to DJI for inspection.

2018-4-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

You can see in this video starting at timemark 1:58 that two buttons on side are not connected to electronics inside Mavic Pro battery case.
2018-4-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

2018-4-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Love it!      
2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i agree with hedgetrimmer at post #7 that pressing the sides might have helped to secure an otherwise loose wire or circuit connection within the unit. I also agree that the battery should be sent back - you will still have warentee so it is a free exchange.
If a circuit is insecure and pressing the sides helped secure it - then it could very easily come loose again at any time with possible severe consequences to your drone.
Send the battery back and let them send you a new one.
2018-4-27
Use props
avinash69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 986644 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

i bought a battery and it is completely dead..got it on ebay as a new referbished product...what can i do? i am dissapointed..dji would youi cover the battery or do i deal with the people i got it from..i never used it and i have all the serial numbers
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules