Video Stopping after 10-30 Seconds. (Problem Found)
5084 7 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249590 ft
United States

So this is a problem solved post.

About 3 weeks ago i was flying at a campground and for some reason when i hit the record button it would take about 5 seconds to start recording then after about 30 seconds it would shut off automatically.  This is the first time its ever did this.  Got home and looked at the video.  At the end of the video the image would pixelate and shut off.  Tried everything in the settings and couldn't figure out why it was doing that.  Try it again the folowing weekend and it just got worse.  The video would only last about 10 seconds then shut off.  My search for answers came to this conclusion.  It tuned out in my case to be the memory card.  In my computer it would work just fine, format, copy and erase files.  In my drone it wouldn't allow it to record more than 10 seconds.  So if you are having an issue with video try using another card perferbally a new one.  Hope this helps.

2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's really glad to know the issue has been figured out. Happy flying!
2018-4-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Quite often a SD card will appear to work OK in a computer but not in the aircraft. The reason is that the computer does not place any speed demands on the card, but the aircraft sure does. It would also be worth formatting that card in the aircraft and sees if it comes good, that effect can happen when a card is getting full of files.
2018-4-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the tip and I'm glad you got it figured out.
2018-4-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As Geebax say it often does a difference if the card has been formatted in the AC and not the computer, can you confirm you tried that too?
if a format when mounted in AC don't help, can you then please post the brand and type of the card, it would be nice for others to be aware they are better to avoid using that one.
2018-4-27
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

checl your Micri SD   must min.class 10  ..  
2018-4-27
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-26 19:16
Quite often a SD card will appear to work OK in a computer but not in the aircraft. The reason is that the computer does not place any speed demands on the card, but the aircraft sure does. It would also be worth formatting that card in the aircraft and sees if it comes good, that effect can happen when a card is getting full of files.

I tried that in the Go App with no success.
2018-4-27
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-27 01:39
As Geebax say it often does a difference if the card has been formatted in the AC and not the computer, can you confirm you tried that too?
if a format when mounted in AC don't help, can you then please post the brand and type of the card, it would be nice for others to be aware they are better to avoid using that one.

It was the original SD card that came with the drone.  ScanDisk ultra 16GB Class 10
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules