Tello Battery charging issues
Home / TELLO /
26520 14 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolverine3
lvl.1
Philippines

Opened a new Tello and it was empty of a battery charge, with a red indicator.
After a 1.5 hour of charging time, they was a slight charge to the yellow indicator... maybe 15% was charged.
What is the problem and solution here?

2018-4-26
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey,  kindly noted that tello can't be charged with power on. After  a 1.5 hour of charging time, is the led solid blue ? Do you have tried other battery if have ?  
2018-4-27
Use props
Wolverine3
lvl.1
Philippines

RYZE Posted at 2018-4-27 05:36
Hey,  kindly noted that tello can't be charged with power on. After  a 1.5 hour of charging time, is the led solid blue ? Do you have tried other battery if have ?

Looks like it was a cable issue... I tried 3 cables before, and was getting the same problem. When i got a new cable it worked and got a solid blue light. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-28
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wolverine3 Posted at 2018-4-28 00:22
Looks like it was a cable issue... I tried 3 cables before, and was getting the same problem. When i got a new cable it worked and got a solid blue light. Thanks for your support.

I feel your pain. Same thing happened when I got my Tello. I'm using a phone charger now, not just a USB cable.
2018-4-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Wolverine3 Posted at 2018-4-28 00:22

It's really nice to hear this good news. Happy droning!
2018-5-1
Use props
Ammar Ajward
New

Sri Lanka

Will something happen to the tello battery if i charge it with local charging hub
2018-11-9
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey Ammar, do you mean "Tello Battery Charging Hub"?
0.png
2018-11-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RYZE Posted at 11-12 19:59
Hey Ammar, do you mean "Tello Battery Charging Hub"?

That's cool - thanks for sharing
2018-11-19
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember this happened to me when I first got the Tello. I changed the charger and the cable and it worked fine. I think Ryze should provide at least a cable with it
2018-11-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hani Posted at 11-19 22:03
I remember this happened to me when I first got the Tello. I changed the charger and the cable and it worked fine. I think Ryze should provide at least a cable with it

Thanks a lot for your feedback Hani, we appreciated it. Usually a standard USB connector would be fine. But I think your suggestion is great and would escalate to the relevant team. Once again, thanks for your support!
2018-11-20
Use props
gfunk839
New

South Africa

RYZE Posted at 11-20 00:52
Thanks a lot for your feedback Hani, we appreciated it. Usually a standard USB connector would be fine. But I think your suggestion is great and would escalate to the relevant team. Once again, thanks for your support!

Sorry for Necropost but I had this issue with my tello and couldn't find help anywhere .. so want to help others who land here.

My problem: Drone would not switch on ever. Charging caused green light followed by rapid flash of THREE RED lights.

Solution
Step 1: Remove battery
Step 2: Hold power button on (battery not inserted)
Step 3: While Holding down power button, slide battery in to Tello.. Should power on successfully.
Step 4: Connect to Tello with Wifi
Step 5: Open app
Step 6: Redownload and flash firmware
Step 7: All good!!!!
2018-12-1
Use props
djiuser_pVNJfpPGZMLU
New

United States

I bought a tello drone and i have charging issues , its almost 2 hours and the blue light just kepps blinking but no solid blue. I noticed at the end it blinks faster any help ??
2018-12-19
Use props
Miloš Sima
New

Switzerland

I have a new Tello.  At the first attempt to set it up, he did not show any signals.  The next step was to connect it to a charger.  Then she started to light a blue lamp, twice briefly and once longer.  Since this charging took a few hours, I decided to try to start Tello.  Unsuccessfully, no signs showed even a light.  I tried with other chargers and with other cables, but unsuccessfully (the same situation as the first time, the blue light blinked twice briefly and once for a long time and for hours and days can).  Do you know what the problem is?  And no, I do not have another battery or a Tello battery charger
2019-5-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_pVNJfpPGZMLU Posted at 2018-12-19 07:58
I bought a tello drone and i have charging issues , its almost 2 hours and the blue light just kepps blinking but no solid blue. I noticed at the end it blinks faster any help ??

Sorry for that and hope the info below would assist.
1. Cool it down, try charging it again.
2. Use a USB adapter that is rated at 5 V and 1.5 A or above
3. Check whether the issue is fixed after the charger’s charger/charging cable is replaced.
4. Check whether the issue is fixed after the battery is removed and inserted without connecting to a charger.
If persists, kindly contact us at support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.
A video showing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
2019-5-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Miloš Sima Posted at 5-16 22:34
I have a new Tello.  At the first attempt to set it up, he did not show any signals.  The next step was to connect it to a charger.  Then she started to light a blue lamp, twice briefly and once longer.  Since this charging took a few hours, I decided to try to start Tello.  Unsuccessfully, no signs showed even a light.  I tried with other chargers and with other cables, but unsuccessfully (the same situation as the first time, the blue light blinked twice briefly and once for a long time and for hours and days can).  Do you know what the problem is?  And no, I do not have another battery or a Tello battery charger

Could you try steps listed on 16#?
If persists, please kindly hold the power button with power off for about 5s until the green led goes off, after that a red light would breathe,  then connect Tello's wifi and upgrade its firmware version.
If persists, we respectfully suggest you contact us at support@ryzerobotics.com, a video showing this issue at your convenience would be appreciated.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules