Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Record detail - Mavic Pro
1750 22 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Could any of the wiser minds, kindly confirm if the information contained in the Flight Record of the Mavic Pro includes if the Obstacle Avoidance is, or is not working?
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, if there is an issue of the Obstacle Avoidance, then there will be a notification/error message on the DJI GO4 app, the notification also will be recorded on the flight records. Thanks!
2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-27 00:46
Hi, if there is an issue of the Obstacle Avoidance, then there will be a notification/error message on the DJI GO4 app, the notification also will be recorded on the flight records. Thanks!

DJI Diana
So in the absence of a message in either the DJI Go4 App or a 'Red' message in the Flight Record, one can assume the OA is fully functional and should avoid a collision? Please confirm.
2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

as per what dji diana says, in addition - the flight records will show when it is turned on or turned off or will show if the drone is braking because it detects an obsticle - these events as/when they happen will show in the records. You may also be able to view them in the warnings section of the main menu.
Lastly - i noticed that my friend was having an odd sensors issue with his samsung s7 (i was not having the same issue at the same time and same place he was flying) - what device are u using?
2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-27 00:59
as per what dji diana says, in addition - the flight records will show when it is turned on or turned off or will show if the drone is braking because it detects an obsticle - these events as/when they happen will show in the records. You may also be able to view them in the warnings section of the main menu.
Lastly - i noticed that my friend was having an odd sensors issue with his samsung s7 (i was not having the same issue at the same time and same place he was flying) - what device are u using?

Bekaru
Many thanks for the detailed reply. I am using an IPad Mini 4 128 with Cellular.
The main reason for my question is a resulting crash after a failed upgrade. There were no indicators in the DJI Go 4 app. (as in RED bars showing OA was off) and no written warnings in the right hand column of the Flight Record. Could you kindly advise where in the FR it would show if OA is turned on or off, or if the drone was braking if an obstacle was detected?
2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-27 01:40
Bekaru
Many thanks for the detailed reply. I am using an IPad Mini 4 128 with Cellular.
The main reason for my question is a resulting crash after a failed upgrade. There were no indicators in the DJI Go 4 app. (as in RED bars showing OA was off) and no written warnings in the right hand column of the Flight Record. Could you kindly advise where in the FR it would show if OA is turned on or off, or if the drone was braking if an obstacle was detected?

hi aussie -
The issue with my friends OA the other night was that his OA bars were on (white/active) yet when i stood directly in front of it, like right up close to the sensors, it did not register that me/obstacle was there.
I checked his settings and OA was turned on and the white bars on the app were present but it was not detecting my body less than 1 meter in front of it.

The ipad mini 4 is probably not the issue - it is used by many who  often rave about its suitability - have not seen or heard complaints about it.

you say the red bars are not indicated on the app -
Question: are the white OA bars indicated or is there simply no OA icon indicators (red or white) at all?

2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-27 03:50
hi aussie -
The issue with my friends OA the other night was that his OA bars were on (white/active) yet when i stood directly in front of it, like right up close to the sensors, it did not register that me/obstacle was there.
I checked his settings and OA was turned on and the white bars on the app were present but it was not detecting my body less than 1 meter in front of it.

Bekaru
White OA bars were on (visible on the GO 4 App), but AC crashed. That's why I am curious to know if/where you can see the OA status in the flight record.
2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-27 03:56
Bekaru
White OA bars were on (visible on the GO 4 App), but AC crashed. That's why I am curious to know if/where you can see the OA status in the flight record.

Please can someone post the link in this thread to phantomhelp for flight records reading - thanks
2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

Bekaru
White OA bars were on (visible on the GO 4 App), but AC crashed. That's why I am curious to know if/where you can see the OA status in the flight record.

someone will post the link to phantomhelp - upload your files there and you should see a flight record table with all relevant data including a column on the right hand side which shows details about various AC status / warnings etc.
You could also uplaod that flight record here if you want further opinions on it.
2018-4-27
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Bekaru

You can upload your flight log Phantomhelp
and then post back the link to it.
2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

G_Sig Posted at 2018-4-27 04:35
You can upload your flight log Phantomhelp
and then post back the link to it.

Bekaru & G_Sig

Hope this is what you mean. I can see no references to the OA. But that's what I trust you/someone can explain. Thanks
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FAEIC3M4BL88BT7VWIVN/
2018-4-27
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-27 04:48
Bekaru & G_Sig

Hope this is what you mean. I can see no references to the OA. But that's what I trust you/someone can explain. Thanks

Looks like downwards sensors are off.this is the message I see.
Max Flight Distance Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary.
warnings:Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected. And the last one
GPS Position NoMatch

2018-4-27
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-27 03:50
hi aussie -
The issue with my friends OA the other night was that his OA bars were on (white/active) yet when i stood directly in front of it, like right up close to the sensors, it did not register that me/obstacle was there.
I checked his settings and OA was turned on and the white bars on the app were present but it was not detecting my body less than 1 meter in front of it.

It looks the same on this case OA is not working and no message in app.
2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

G_Sig Posted at 2018-4-27 05:21
It looks the same on this case OA is not working and no message in app.

G_Sig

Many thanks for your time and effort (Bakaru also). You have confirmed what I suspected. I was certain the OA and other features failed after upgrading to V01.04.0200 sadly too late. A subsequent warranty claim was denied by DJI on the basis that I was flying in Cinematic mode causing a longer stopping distance and the resulting crash. I have requested proof that their analysis showed OA was working, so far without reply. This was the sole reason for my initial request to see if indeed the FR would show operation or non operation of the OA feature.
Again my thanks.
2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-27 14:46
G_Sig

Many thanks for your time and effort (Bakaru also). You have confirmed what I suspected. I was certain the OA and other features failed after upgrading to V01.04.0200 sadly too late. A subsequent warranty claim was denied by DJI on the basis that I was flying in Cinematic mode causing a longer stopping distance and the resulting crash. I have requested proof that their analysis showed OA was working, so far without reply. This was the sole reason for my initial request to see if indeed the FR would show operation or non operation of the OA feature.

G_Sig

I have reviewed a flight where I am certain there were numerous occasions of the OA working to prevent a collision. I flew on a friend's property in Tripod mode and weaved around several tress. I cannot see anywhere in the FR where the message states OA was avoiding an obstacle. Am I missing something???
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Z4NLVXV7UFGBUNFYFC4P/
2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-27 14:46
G_Sig

Many thanks for your time and effort (Bakaru also). You have confirmed what I suspected. I was certain the OA and other features failed after upgrading to V01.04.0200 sadly too late. A subsequent warranty claim was denied by DJI on the basis that I was flying in Cinematic mode causing a longer stopping distance and the resulting crash. I have requested proof that their analysis showed OA was working, so far without reply. This was the sole reason for my initial request to see if indeed the FR would show operation or non operation of the OA feature.

it is true that sport mode requires longer stopping distances -
When switching to sport mode then OA automatically switches off. To my memory there used to be a warning notice that appeared when switching to sport mode saying that OA avoidance switches off in sport mode - fly with caution.I did not know this was true for cinematic mode.

You say that you have requested proof the OA was working - however they first said it was not on because you were in cinematic mode -
If it is true that OA switches off in cinematic mode - then that explains it, so far i can see.
If however OA is not supposed to switch off in cinematic mode - then why did it or why was it not working and why no relevant notices?.

Perhaps you can try find the answer to whether the OA does or is supposed to switch off when in cinematic mode.

2018-4-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-27 16:11
When switching to sport mode then OA automatically switches off. To my memory there used to be a warning notice that appeared when switching to sport mode saying that OA avoidance switches off in sport mode - fly with caution.I did not know this was true for cinematic mode.

Bakaru
Sport mode and Cinematic mode do require longer stopping distances, agreed. From what I have discovered on YouTube,  OA works in Cinematic mode.
The plot thickens................
2018-4-27
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-27 16:11

It is flying in GPS mode until line #3838 for 7 min. Not once you see any sign of any sensor working,
not VPS or OA.

2018-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-27 16:30
Bakaru
Sport mode and Cinematic mode do require longer stopping distances, agreed. From what I have discovered on YouTube,  OA works in Cinematic mode.
The plot thickens................

looking at your flight log of the farm area i notice that VPS  altitude is recorded as 0 the whole time - this seems unusual.
That plus your post about OA not working makes me wonder if your sensors are properly working or properly calibrated?
Might it be that your sensor calibration needs redoing?

I suggest also that you number your batteries so that you can identify if issues happen with the same battery or if that does not make any difference.

I also noticed you cell deviation go (what looks to me to be) a bit high a few times - not sure if this is an issue, just caught my eye.
2018-4-28
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-28 01:46
looking at your flight log of the farm area i notice that VPS  altitude is recorded as 0 the whole time - this seems unusual.
That plus your post about OA not working makes me wonder if your sensors are properly working or properly calibrated?
Might it be that your sensor calibration needs redoing?

Hi Bakaru

Thanks again for your input. As per my #14, the quad had several issues after the failed upgrade. OA not functioning was just one of them. It's all academic now, as the crashed unit was replaced under Care Refresh. The original A/C was not repaired under Warranty as a faulty upgrade.
Any thoughts on my Post #15 in reply to G_Sig.
I am just trying to find out where i can see if OA is functioning on a 'good' quad/drone.
Regards
2018-4-28
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

G_Sig Posted at 2018-4-27 16:33
It is flying in GPS mode until line #3838 for 7 min. Not once you see any sign of any sensor working,
not VPS or OA.

G_Sig

Is 'VPS Altitude'  the column where you would expect to see if the OA is ON or OFF?
2018-4-28
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-28 02:34
G_Sig

Is 'VPS Altitude'  the column where you would expect to see if the OA is ON or OFF?

Its the downwards sensors which should show altitude if it is on and working in low flight . Edited: low flight less than 10 m altitude.

2018-4-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-4-28 02:32
Hi Bakaru

Thanks again for your input. As per my #14, the quad had several issues after the failed upgrade. OA not functioning was just one of them. It's all academic now, as the crashed unit was replaced under Care Refresh. The original A/C was not repaired under Warranty as a faulty upgrade.

To ensure OA opperational
1. check icon in app (between satelites and RC signal icons)
a. white shoes on - red shows off - flashing might mean something - i do not know
b. if sensors icon is not there at all (not red or white) could be an indication of problem)
2. open sensors in the main settings menu
a. ensure all the right sensor toggles are on
3. Enusre ambient lighting is sufficient for OA to function
4. place object in front of drone
a. color radar should appear in app screen showing obsticle distance and direction and a beeping sound
b. if this does not work - then it seems you may have a problem that dji may need to help you with
5. if the sensors do pick up the object then at least on some level it is working
6. The switch between flight modes and see when it goes on or off again.

Below is a link to the manual - maybe it says something you are missing out.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V2.0-.pdf
2018-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules