I cant open a video from Phantom 3
2215 24 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyrocks
lvl.1
Indonesia

I cant open a video recorded using Phantom 3. Im using Windows 10 Home edition and the latest K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. I tried also by installing VLC Player and still i cant play the file. Can somebody or forum moderator help me with this? The video is so important for me.. thank you so much

Error Message Part 1

Error Message Part 1

Error Message Part 2

Error Message Part 2
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, does the issue only appear in one video? Could you upload the original files via Dropbox and share us the link? We'd like to see whether we can help.
2018-4-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I tried also by installing VLC Player and still i cant play the file.
It's an mp4 file so it should play in Windows Media Player or VLC without any tricks.
Are you saying that VLC won't open the file when you try to play it in VLC?
How about other video files?
Is the problem just this file or is it all mp4 files?
2018-4-27
Use props
HappyEnding
lvl.2
Finland

Might be your audio settigs are messed up. Check these two links if they offer any help.
Link 1
Link 2
2018-4-27
Use props
Skyrocks
lvl.1
Indonesia

HappyEnding Posted at 2018-4-27 03:59
Might be your audio settigs are messed up. Check these two links if they offer any help.
Link 1
Link 2

thank you, try both of the links.. still cant solve my problem. Using vlc player, it wont play at all, the screen is blank black and it is not in play position
2018-4-27
Use props
Skyrocks
lvl.1
Indonesia

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-27 03:31
I tried also by installing VLC Player and still i cant play the file.
It's an mp4 file so it should play in Windows Media Player or VLC without any tricks.
Are you saying that VLC won't open the file when you try to play it in VLC?

i can play other mp4 file.. just this one and been trying to fix this.. now i got no clue at all
2018-4-27
Use props
Skyrocks
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-27 03:20
Just to verify, does the issue only appear in one video? Could you upload the original files via Dropbox and share us the link? We'd like to see whether we can help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3gj2qzbyo6pcpm/DJI_0002.MP4?dl=0

Hi susan, this is the link.. pls help if possible
2018-4-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Skyrocks Posted at 2018-4-27 04:31
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3gj2qzbyo6pcpm/DJI_0002.MP4?dl=0

Hi susan, this is the link.. pls help if possible

check out this thread, a user in here had made a tool that might help you, it look like it is still maintained.
2018-4-27
Use props
Skyrocks
lvl.1
Indonesia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-27 05:09
check out this thread, a user in here had made a tool that might help you, it look like it is still maintained.

hi, thank you for your help, i havent tried it yet though. will try but before that, i should let u know that the funny thing is the video file uploaded above play well in my friend Samsung Galaxy S9
2018-4-27
Use props
Skyrocks
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-27 03:20
Just to verify, does the issue only appear in one video? Could you upload the original files via Dropbox and share us the link? We'd like to see whether we can help.

hi Susan, do you have a solution? Funny thing is i cant play it using my computer - Windows 10 Home edition and the latest K-Lite codec mega pack.. But my friend can play it using his Samsung S9
2018-5-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Is the files you can play recorded in same resolution and with the same settings?
Also check if you have the latest VLC player installed, v.3.x, could it be so simple that a cleanup is required on the computer?
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skyrocks Posted at 2018-5-2 21:46
hi Susan, do you have a solution? Funny thing is i cant play it using my computer - Windows 10 Home edition and the latest K-Lite codec mega pack.. But my friend can play it using his Samsung S9

Sorry for the late response due to personal leave. The video has been forwarded to our engineers for review. I'll keep follow up.
2018-5-4
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

Just to be clear, this video is from the card in the camera? I had the same problem with screen recordings using my tablet. Tried a couple of "file repair" programs and nothing worked. Reformatting the SD card fixed it, albeit I lost my video file.
2018-5-5
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had similar issues with the VLC player. I'm also on Win10 and my files always play perfectly through the Movies & TV windows app. Give that a try.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skyrocks Posted at 2018-5-2 21:46

Skyrocks, could you send us a normal video just before the issue video appears? We'd like to have a short one that plays well for reference to see whether the broken can be restored.
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The problem is most likely the K-Lite Codec Pak, it has a reputation of over-writing perfectly good existing codecs and then not playing nice. If you downloaded the K-Lite stuff recently, then try downloading VLCPlayer again and with luck it will opverwrite the K-Lite codecs. You could also try uninstalling the K-lite pack as well. Win 10 should handle the DJI files perfectly well on its own.

2018-5-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Reporting spam above
2019-5-30
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

could it be a fake sdcard have u tried another card
2019-5-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

xboxmoddr Posted at 5-30 05:20
could it be a fake sdcard have u tried another card

The file itself is corrupt, I could not play it either.
2019-5-30
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

There are a lot of sdcards on fleeeebay that came to be 32gb but they are infact 2gb and they just wright over there self corrupting the file  or could be a genuine sdcard that has failed hope u sort it ATB
2019-5-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 5-30 20:13
The file itself is corrupt, I could not play it either.

Same for me ... couldn't get it to play in anything .. VLC or even editing programs.

Its also very small file ! 145Mb ? Most Phantom vids are Gb ... not Mb ..
2019-5-31
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Might also just be a SLOW card, that was fine while new, but after use, with a lot of rewrites has slowed down to not being able to keep up with writing the file.
Make sure its a Class 10 or higher microSD.  And its a name brand, bought locally at a big box store.

I would try reformatting the card while in the gimbal card slot.  Via the DJI go app.    If that fails, then a new card might be in order.
2019-5-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK ... question :

When you shut down the Phantom ... was the card still being written to ? With slow cards this can happen and then card can be corrupted.

DJI do say in the FAQ back end of manuals that :

Place SD card back into camera, turn on Phantom 3 and wait at least 30 secs

I suggest a little longer - maybe a minute in case your card is slow.

Probably won't help- - but who knows ...
If you have formatted the card since recording - then its bye bye videos.
2019-5-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK ... another thought ...

If you are running default in GO ... you should have a low resolution video file on your tablet / phone used with GO. Its often jaggy .. pix'y ... but at least its not all gone. Look in the directorys under GO
2019-5-31
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

No EoF visible,this file is corrupted.
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules