DJI GO 4 App Video Length Short
819 10 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
echopiece
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Can't seem to find the answer to this issue anywhere, but after I do a 7 or 8 minute flight my DJI GO 4 app will only show about 3-4 mins of the video in my album.  I only have a few videos on there, and I know my cache isn't full on my Ipad.  Is there a way to preivew the entire video in it's entirety?

2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, does the issue appear frequently? Do you press the recording since the beginning?
2018-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, take the SD card out of the aircraft, place it in an SD card adapter and play it back on your iPad.
2018-4-27
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-27 19:50
Hi there, does the issue appear frequently? Do you press the recording since the beginning?

This happens every single time. The videos are full length on my SD card which is not the issue. In the past I was able to preview the entire video on my iPad inside GO 4, but now the videos are cut short for some reason - only inside GO 4 App.
2018-4-28
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-27 22:04
Yes, take the SD card out of the aircraft, place it in an SD card adapter and play it back on your iPad.

This has nothing to do with the SD card. In the past I was able to view my entire flight video on my iPad without having to touch my AC or SD card.
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2018-4-28 04:37
This has nothing to do with the SD card. In the past I was able to view my entire flight video on my iPad without having to touch my AC or SD card.

You asked: 'Is there a way to preivew the entire video in it's entirety?' I gave you a way. If it is not recording the full length of program on your iPad, then there is a problem on your iPad that is stopping the recording part way through. That can be anything from having too many processes running on the iPad or not enough room for the cache. Which iPad do you have?

2018-4-28
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 15:40
You asked: 'Is there a way to preivew the entire video in it's entirety?' I gave you a way. If it is not recording the full length of program on your iPad, then there is a problem on your iPad that is stopping the recording part way through. That can be anything from having too many processes running on the iPad or not enough room for the cache. Which iPad do you have?

iPad Air 2
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Well that clears up one thing, the iPad Air 2 is powerful enough to run the Go App but is still stopping recording for some reason. You might try emptying the cache completely and see if that works. I use an Air 2, but I have the cache disabled because I have no use for it. Is yours a 16GB version?
2018-4-28
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 16:30
Well that clears up one thing, the iPad Air 2 is powerful enough to run the Go App but is still stopping recording for some reason. You might try emptying the cache completely and see if that works. I use an Air 2, but I have the cache disabled because I have no use for it. Is yours a 16GB version?

It’s the 64GB version. I think I have it sorted out now. I only had 6GB free on my iPad and it was only allowing me 3.6GB of cache space. I deleted some apps and freed up some space. I now have it set to 8GB cache space in the GO App (it was set to 2GB), and it’s saying I can now cache up to 5.8GB. I’ll test it out tomorrow and see what happens.
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2018-4-28 18:33
It’s the 64GB version. I think I have it sorted out now. I only had 6GB free on my iPad and it was only allowing me 3.6GB of cache space. I deleted some apps and freed up some space. I now have it set to 8GB cache space in the GO App (it was set to 2GB), and it’s saying I can now cache up to 5.8GB. I’ll test it out tomorrow and see what happens.

I feel fairly confidant that it should work now. Good luck.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. Geebax's suggestion is spot on. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules