iPad mini 3 lagging?
3056 7 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rincondanny
lvl.1

United States

This is my first phantom, and it's awesome! I originally was using the android app in a galaxy6 edge, while waiting for the iOS app to come out. Now I'm using a brand new iPad mini 3 I bought just for the phantom. When I first start flying the video is good but it seems like once I fly for a little bit the video will get real choppie and you can't really make it out till I let it hover. It also happens while flying right in front of me. Also tried flying in a different location with no change. Switched back to the galaxy and no problems? Anyone have any tips on this? Thanks a lot in advance!
2015-5-9
Use props
noahjp7
lvl.2

United States

I've had the exact same issue with my iPhone 5s. I tried using an iPhone 6, and the same problem occurred as well... My $30 Moto G that I bought works almost flawlessly though...
2015-5-9
Use props
rincondanny
lvl.1

United States

Hmmm? Seems like a ios app  problem then? I was kinda thinking it was cause my mini 3 is only 16Gb, but it brand new and the only app on it is Dji pilot? We'll see if anyone can shed some light on this.
2015-5-9
Use props
jim
New
United States

Same problem here with a mini 2 64G.  Lag gets so bad it is unusable most of the time.  Occasionally if I hover it will start back, but motion causes it to pixelate and get worse so as soon as you start moving again the problem reappears.  Hopefully this is an app problem and an update will correct.
2015-5-11
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Are you running the 1.1.8 firmware and using 1.1.1 version of the app?

If not... you need to update.
2015-5-11
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

From another thread:   DJI Pilot App:  Camera Enable Hardware Decode (set to true/yes) to eliminate lag.
2015-5-11
Use props
rdrunr11
New

United States

i just bought my P3 on Friday and I'm having the same issues with my iPad mini 2.  Were you ever able to remedy the issues?
2015-8-23
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many report that non-certified cables will often cause the lag. Check your lightening cable and see if it is the culprit.
2015-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules