Velodrome by drone. Israel is getting it’s first Velodrome.
690 7 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

I've been walking by this place for months as it has gone up and I had no idea what they were building until last weekend I flew over it with my brand new Mavic Air and suddenly figured out it was a cycle racing velodrome. I took these today, I'm still waiting for some ND filters to reach Israel.

Depth perception is really tricky: at one point I couldn't figure out if I was above, below or in line with the crane as it started to turn toward me. Sport mode and a rapid decent seemed like the safest way out of there.
2018-4-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That's nice, where about they building this?
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice video, looks cool.
2018-4-27
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Is very nice to see construction work and final version of it too
2018-4-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Depth perception is really tricky  -  Next up, drone with Stereo cameras to provide 3D, depth of field.  
2018-4-27
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

Suren Posted at 2018-4-27 11:46
That's nice, where about they building this?

Northern side of Tel Aviv next to a whole bunch of other sporting sites called the National Sports Center - Tel Aviv.

They’ve built it in the middle of an old athletics track where, funnily enough, there used to be a regular cricket game in the summer (a rare sight in Israel).
2018-4-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

brianoflondon Posted at 2018-4-28 21:15
Northern side of Tel Aviv next to a whole bunch of other sporting sites called the National Sports Center - Tel Aviv.

They’ve built it in the middle of an old athletics track where, funnily enough, there used to be a regular cricket game in the summer (a rare sight in Israel).

Gonna be in Tel Aviv again in October for some training so will go see it, thanks
2018-4-28
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

I’ve just figured out that the Giro d’Italia should be passing by this construction site at around 17:40 local time (which is UTC+3) on Bekhor Shalom Sh-it-rit St this Saturday.

http://giro-bigstartisrael.com/eng/schedule.html

Apparently I can’t write Sh-it-rit St without the hyphens because it’s a bad word
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules