Flying WiFi
667 5 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

After being a P3S pilot for a couple years I decided to upgrade to the MP which I received last night. During my first flights today I had an issue with video lag while connected via wire.
I tried the wifi mode and the feed was much better but I could only fly with my android phone as the controller would not connect. So, my question is, can I connect to the controller in wifi mode and if so how?
I updated to the latest firmware before flying.

Thanks
2018-4-27
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

What phone?Did you kill off apps running in the background?
Did you try another cable using the rear USB port on the controller?

I don't think you can connect suing Wifi and the controller at the same time.

2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, please refer the tutorial video below to connect the remote controller with the drone, then connect the mobile device to the remote controller via USB cable/ not wifi. Thanks!

2018-4-27
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-27 19:21
Hi, please refer the tutorial video below to connect the remote controller with the drone, then connect the mobile device to the remote controller via USB cable/ not wifi. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_XM-GhOuL8&t=0s&index=13&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

So, my question is, can I connect to the controller in wifi mode and if so how?
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gstan30117@hotmail.com Posted at 2018-4-27 19:24
So, my question is, can I connect to the controller in wifi mode and if so how?

No, in wifi mode, you only can connect the mobile device to the drone without the remote controller. Thanks!
2018-4-27
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

I am using a Galaxy S4 and having the same problem. Someone mentioned using a phone with more resources. Will someone go into a little more detail? Also, I am looking at an Ipad mini 2, would that be something with more "resources"? I've seen where others use one with no issues but I want to make sure before I invest.

Thanks
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules