Distorted photos and Video (wave affect)
1391 8 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
platinum_survey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3269032 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is a major problem when taking a photo or video. Take a photo or video with the camera angled down, in the image you need to have the horizon in the picture. If you have a image showing the horizon you will see a wave affect in the image. The distortion is low on the left side, in the middle of the image it rises up then on the right side it drops down. It is a wave affect. It is best noticed when you have the ocean and the land in the image. Please try it and report you outcome. I was told to reset my IMU and this did not change anything. We have two Inspire 1 and they both have the same problem. I was also told that the only way it was going to be fixed to use photo or video software, this is not a fix.

For a product that is designed for provisional photographers it is unacceptable. I have sent image to DJI for review and waiting for a outcome.

2015-5-9
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

let's see it.
2015-5-9
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

Are you using the ND filter? This often helps reduce picture artifacts by reducing the shutter speed. But yes, as bostonline asks... "Let's see some sample video".
2015-5-9
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yep I have 2 cameras, 1 from the first batch and 1 from the second batch... Both cameras have this distortion. All the footage I have seen online also has this distortion. I hope they can get it right with the next camera they come out with.
2015-5-9
Use props
platinum_survey
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Send me your email address and to platinum_surveys@me.com and I will send you some photo.
The upload options is not working
2015-5-10
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yeah, this has been brought up before and there seems to be consensus that this is "normal" for the camera.  Not saying it's a feature or we have to like it, just that it's a consistent artifact that they will probably all do under the same conditions.
2015-5-10
Use props
platinum_survey
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

peterconquest3 Posted at 2015-5-10 12:43
Are you using the ND filter? This often helps reduce picture artifacts by reducing the shutter spee ...

Send me your email address to platinum_surveys@me.com and I will send you some photos.

2015-5-10
Use props
platinum_survey
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

platinum_survey Posted at 2015-5-11 08:49
Send me your email address to  and I will send you some photos.

I have sent Pete a copy of the photos and he has agreed that there is a problem.
2015-5-12
Use props
PlanetInhouse
lvl.1

United States

I have this problem - I live on the coast and have several photos that have this bulge in the center of the landscape horizon.  The horizon also drops and curves right at the edges of the photos. Very dissapointed and hoping DJI will correct this. I have gathered several images and will provide them as examples if needed.
2015-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules