Where is the flight data stored?
14487 25 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Having lost about 5 000m of flight data I`d like to know how that happens?  Where is flight data stored, on the craft or on the RC?  In either case I`d like to know why the data gets lost when the signal between the RC and the Craft is broken?
2018-4-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Both I believe. There is flight data recoverable from the display device, Phantom help is one example of how you can view this. This is the data that stops recording when link lost.

There is also flight data held on the aircraft on an internally mounted sd card (not the one that you plug into aircraft). These files can be downloaded using DJI Assistant 2 and a PC connected to aircraft via USB port.
There is an application in Assistant 2 that can be used to view these files, although it is not so user friendly, there are guidance notes within the forum on how to do this.
2018-4-28
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-28 02:31
Both I believe. There is flight data recoverable from the display device, Phantom help is one example of how you can view this. This is the data that stops recording when link lost.

There is also flight data held on the aircraft on an internally mounted sd card (not the one that you plug into aircraft). These files can be downloaded using DJI Assistant 2 and a PC connected to aircraft via USB port.

Thank you for that information.

Clearly I`ve still got a LOT to learn!!!
2018-4-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-28 02:48

Clearly I`ve still got a LOT to learn!!!

"Clearly I`ve still got a LOT to learn!!!"

It just takes a bit of time, I've been on the board now for about two and a half years. Most of what has sunk in to my memory cell has been picked up from here, that, and just trying things out. There's lots of good Mavic Air info' available from the main DJI Website. If you scroll down that page you'll see the spec's, tutorial videos and manuals etc.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The flight records will be saved in DJI GO and the flight logs will be saved in the aircraft. You can click the cloud icon to sync the flight records regularly, the flight distance will increase as well.
2018-4-28
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-28 03:49
"Clearly I`ve still got a LOT to learn!!!"

It just takes a bit of time, I've been on the board now for about two and a half years. Most of what has sunk in to my memory cell has been picked up from here, that, and just trying things out. There's lots of good Mavic Air info' available from the main DJI Website. If you scroll down that page you'll see the spec's, tutorial videos and manuals etc.

Thank you or the reply.

Not only have I got a lot to learn I`ve got w-a-a-a-y to go.  I`ve only been at it for about 40 days
2018-4-28
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-28 04:18
The flight records will be saved in DJI GO and the flight logs will be saved in the aircraft. You can click the cloud icon to sync the flight records regularly, the flight distance will increase as well.

2018-4-28
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

You can also try this to see your flight data.
You can go to iTunes , connect to the computer with your iPhone (in my case iPad Mini 4). Click on the iPhone symbol. click on the App sharing file . It will bring up the apps on your phone. Find DJI GO 4 app and click on it and you should get all its files. Mainly the log files and flight records are the ones I look at. Hope that helps?

Then you can upload the data to  AIRdata UAV or to  DJI log viewerand view your flight.
2018-4-28
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-28 02:31
Both I believe. There is flight data recoverable from the display device, Phantom help is one example of how you can view this. This is the data that stops recording when link lost.

There is also flight data held on the aircraft on an internally mounted sd card (not the one that you plug into aircraft). These files can be downloaded using DJI Assistant 2 and a PC connected to aircraft via USB port.

The Phantom help site is a fun place to experiment also.  I will occasionally take one of my old flights and upload it to them.  It'll present  you with flight data that you don't know is being stored.  Then I like to download the .klm file and open it with Google Earth.  That will give you a 3d representation of your flight.  
2018-4-28
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-28 11:42
You can also try this to see your flight data.
You can go to iTunes , connect to the computer with your iPhone (in my case iPad Mini 4). Click on the iPhone symbol. click on the App sharing file . It will bring up the apps on your phone. Find DJI GO 4 app and click on it and you should get all its files. Mainly the log files and flight records are the ones I look at. Hope that helps?

Thank you very much.
FYI I`ve only been at it for somewhere between 40 and 50 days
2018-4-29
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-28 14:05
The Phantom help site is a fun place to experiment also.  I will occasionally take one of my old flights and upload it to them.  It'll present  you with flight data that you don't know is being stored.  Then I like to download the .klm file and open it with Google Earth.  That will give you a 3d representation of your flight.

Hey, hey the info about the klm files is awesome.
Thank you so much.
2018-4-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is best to sync your flight logs with at least DJI on a regular basis that way you can always export them to other services and you will always have a backup stored with DJI.
2018-4-29
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-29 09:53
It is best to sync your flight logs with at least DJI on a regular basis that way you can always export them to other services and you will always have a backup stored with DJI.

Thank you for the advice, though I sync after every flight.
2018-4-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-29 09:55

I do it at around 4 flights.
2018-4-29
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-29 11:36
I do it at around 4 flights.

Maybe more practical but then you are most probably the most active pilot around
2018-4-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-29 12:45
Maybe more practical but then you are most probably the most active pilot around

Not really, justice to fly. I do like to analyze my data, Guess I need a life
2018-4-29
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-29 12:45

Another good way is to when you sync your flight records in the DJI GO 4 app there is an app at least for Apple called HD Sync.  You can then sync your records to https://app.airdata.com which gives you a ton of info for each of your flights.  I really like this. It is free as well.  
2018-4-29
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-28 14:05
The Phantom help site is a fun place to experiment also.  I will occasionally take one of my old flights and upload it to them.  It'll present  you with flight data that you don't know is being stored.  Then I like to download the .klm file and open it with Google Earth.  That will give you a 3d representation of your flight.

This is really cool just tried this thanks to your post here and it is awesome being able to see it in Google Earth.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-29 17:38
This is really cool just tried this thanks to your post here and it is awesome being able to see it in Google Earth.

I did some of my flights from Colorado way up in the mountains.  Some of them, I didn't realize that it was that far to the bottom of the canyon.  LOL.  Glad I could spread some information around.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-29 09:55

I got three batteries.  I fly through all three, pack up, come home to my Wifi, and then sync after I come in the door.  Part of my habit now..
2018-4-29
Use props
fans654735c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136644 ft

Netherlands

i get everytime syncronasing failed. because i know my batterys are from the older drone but also are lower in total then my flight times on my account. first i had 3 pages one with my name so both drones toghether counted and 2 from the drones i had. one of them was replaced bye the other but was standing long time also on my page. it can be possible that the 2 where count togehter but i can't check it anymore. and specially not that its so weird that my times of charging the batterys 2 both 17 times charged are lower then that i have 44 flight times. what can i do or is it with some changing rules that some date can't be restored anymore?
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_juFSyMCqZJSG
New
United States

Would you please elaborate on why this will provide longer distance flights?
2021-11-7
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

djiuser_juFSyMCqZJSG Posted at 11-7 12:00
Would you please elaborate on why this will provide longer distance flights?

Hi,
It is the total flight distance that increases. Not distance for a single flight.
If you have flown say 10Km one day and another 5 km the next day, the record will increase from 10Km to 15Km and so on. Or in feet.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_juFSyMCqZJSG
New
United States

kyalami Posted at 11-8 01:50
Hi,
It is the total flight distance that increases. Not distance for a single flight.
If you have flown say 10Km one day and another 5 km the next day, the record will increase from 10Km to 15Km and so on. Or in feet.

Thank you...makes sense.
2021-11-9
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

You are welcome. Have a nice flight.
2021-11-10
Use props
Mosquito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1706401 ft
United States

Does Dji flight records from my new Avata sync with my Dji Pilot experience along with my two phantom 4 flight records.
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules