Litchi Waypoint altitudes
1573 7 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

When planning waypoints in Litchi maps how do you set the altitude? eg I want to go back to Slains castle fly out to sea a bit then fly in low and swoop up and over the cliff and castle.
So I suppose I would be best to go and do a dry run noting the altitudes then inputting those into my setup route waypoints.  Or is there another way that would not involve me ditching or crashing my Air?  
2018-4-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anything under 300' and I always did a manual dry run to gauge the altitudes before planning the waypoints.  
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If say you set way point 1 at 35m then set waypoint 2 at 20m and distance is 100m, over the period of 100m your aircraft will drop its altitude evenly from 35m to 20m and so on .

You should go to open space set a series of waypoints increasing and decreasing altitudes and study the rate of climb and drop of altitude over various distances.
2018-4-28
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I would defnately recommend a dry run but here is a way to check the altitude ahead of time using google earth.  Here is a tutorial QuadKid did and a very good one.  Hope it helps.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-143791-1-1.html
Basically you can get the altitude's needed in Google Earth.
You can then do a test virtual run using virtual litchi manager.  So this will give you a good representation of what the run will look like.  Really cool.
2018-4-28
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes, I think this is the way to go. Dry run and note my altitude positions.
2018-4-28
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Datadogie Posted at 2018-4-28 07:42
Yes, I think this is the way to go. Dry run and note my altitude positions.

Can you fly your waypoints and record them?
then edit the mission to get your focus points and other details like speed etc nailed down?

This is what I do for anything below 100' of take off height.
After I have the points record, I have it fly the mission as slow as reasonable for the area and watch it with one finger on the switch to stop it, incase the calculated course has an impact.

This does use more battery, but way less risk.

p.s.  I have C1 and C2 to record way point, and focus point to speed up the process.

2018-4-28
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122159 ft
United Kingdom

Datadogie hope you manage to get the altitude set up and would love it if you shared your mission as i am going to try Slane at some point. Good luck
2018-5-4
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4

djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq Where are you based. I'm just on the outskirts of Aberdeen near the airport which is a bu??er as I need to go out of the five mile range to fly my amazing drone.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules