No Positioning (ATTI)
12Next >
32388 50 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

When I turn on my drone, instead of just saying “No Positioning (ATTI)”, it will sometimes say “Ready to Go (GPS)”, but then, it will quickly switch back to the "No Positioning (ATTI)”, and my phone will say something like “adding mode”, and I won't be able to take off my drone. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!
2018-4-28
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295000 ft
Slovakia

It says Atti mode. its because your drone cant log enough satelittes to lock its position. Try going out or to a different location.
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-4-28 09:21
It says Atti mode. its because your drone cant log enough satelittes to lock its position. Try going out or to a different location.

I have tried going outside, and going to a bunch of different locations, it still just says the same thing.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:22
I have tried going outside, and going to a bunch of different locations, it still just says the same thing.

Have you received other warnings like Compass or IMU errors?

Is your Mode switch in the correct position i.e. P Mode?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:26
Have you received other warnings like Compass or IMU errors?

Is your Mode switch in the correct position i.e. P Mode?

I haven't gotten any other warnings. What do you mean by is my mode switch in the right position, im afraid I don't know what that means. Thank you for taking the time to respond
2018-4-28
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:27
I haven't gotten any other warnings. What do you mean by is my mode switch in the right position, im afraid I don't know what that means. Thank you for taking the time to respond

The right switch must be in top / down position. The middle one is the ATTI mode
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

So the right switch should be all the way up, and the left switch should be in the middle position?
2018-4-28
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:31
So the right switch should be all the way up, and the left switch should be in the middle position?

Yes, the left button (S1) is used for more complicated things, i leave it in the middle
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:27

On your RC, left hand side as you are holding it is a small silver toggle switch, make sure it is all the way to the right as you are holding it, in "P Mode"
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:35
On your RC, left hand side as you are holding it is a small silver toggle switch, make sure it is all the way to the right as you are holding it, in "P Mode"

I just tried doing that, and I am still getting the same issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:38
I just tried doing that, and I am still getting the same issue.

My mistake too, you have the P3 Standard so I'm reading your manual to try and assist.
The toggle switch is in a different location than mine (P4P) and it appears to be as Leon has said.
Confirm it is in P Mode?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:41
My mistake too, you have the P3 Standard so I'm reading your manual to try and assist.
The toggle switch is in a different location than mine (P4P) and it appears to be as Leon has said.
Confirm it is in P Mode?

If P Mode is having the right switch (s1) all the way up, and the left switch (s2) in the middle, then yes, I can confirm it is in that.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:42
If P Mode is having the right switch (s1) all the way up, and the left switch (s2) in the middle, then yes, I can confirm it is in that.

OK
Can you go in to the GO 4 App and select the 3 dots on the upper right then select the status page and look for past warnings, they are listed by date
See if there are other warnings you received that you may have missed
I'm reviewing your manual now to confirm your switch positions as you noted
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:46
OK
Can you go in to the GO 4 App and select the 3 dots on the upper right then select the status page and look for past warnings, they are listed by date
See if there are other warnings you received that you may have missed

Should I be using the GO 4 App, or the DJI GO App? I have been using the DJI GO App.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:47
Should I be using the GO 4 App, or the DJI GO App? I have been using the DJI GO App.

My bad again the GO App I think the 4 would work but it is not necessary use the GO app
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:47

There may be some slight differences in the apps so search around there should still be a list of past warnings
2018-4-28
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

P3S uses the DJI GO App
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:50
There may be some slight differences in the apps so search around there should still be a list of past warnings

I found the page with all of the warnings. I only have 2. Both say "Taking Off".
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:55
I found the page with all of the warnings. I only have 2. Both say "Taking Off".

How many satts are you getting?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:56
How many satts are you getting?

8 satellites, and in case you are wondering, I am getting full wifi, and full bars for the controller connection.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:55
I found the page with all of the warnings. I only have 2. Both say "Taking Off".

or how many satt bars are you getting?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:57
or how many satt bars are you getting?

The satellite bars keep changing. They will be 0, but then move up to 2, but then quickly back down to 0.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 09:57
The satellite bars keep changing. They will be 0, but then move up to 2, but then quickly back down to 0.

OK...as Leon indicated earlier you either are in a place that is not receiving enough Satt coverage either due to some kind of cover/shielding or the GPS unit in the bird is malfunctioning and is having trouble picking up satellite signals.
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

I think it must be a problem with the drone, because I have tried multiple locations.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

If you have tried everything to ensure good Satt reception then I must suspect the bird as the problem.
Describe your takeoff location?
Is it in an open sky area away from tall buildings, powerlines, radio interference, tall dense trees, etc?
Are you in an urban environment or country?
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 10:02
I think it must be a problem with the drone, because I have tried multiple locations.

You don't have any after market attachments on it do you i.e. skins, drop device, etc.?
How old is it?
Been in a crash or dropped?
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

I can guess, but tell me what color are the bars when they read two, or even zero?  Satt bars
2018-4-28
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

Just noticed one thing. You are saying that you cant take off? When i switch to either P or F mode (No GPS) i still can take off. The lights on the back are blinking yellow (like every 1.5 seconds). Is it same for you?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-4-28 10:24
Just noticed one thing. You are saying that you cant take off? When i switch to either P or F mode (No GPS) i still can take off. The lights on the back are blinking yellow (like every 1.5 seconds). Is it same for you?

Yes, they are blinking yellow, however it won't let me take off.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-4-28 10:24
Just noticed one thing. You are saying that you cant take off? When i switch to either P or F mode (No GPS) i still can take off. The lights on the back are blinking yellow (like every 1.5 seconds). Is it same for you?

Leon I noted the same, I was communicating with the OP on PM but they may have walked away.  I had the same question as you
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 10:25
Yes, they are blinking yellow, however it won't let me take off.

Slow Yellow is Safe to Fly in A Mode without GPS
Not allowing takeoff is something else
Did you check No Fly zone info, maybe something changed there and you are now in a restricted area?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 10:09
I can guess, but tell me what color are the bars when they read two, or even zero?  Satt bars

No, I havent crashed it either. And to answer your other question, I have never had a problem taking the drone off from my house which IS in an urban area. However, I have tried driving to a nearby field to take it off, and that didn't help either.
2018-4-28
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

Just to make everything clear:
1. What device are you using?
2. Is your drone updated?
3. Try putting your phone / tablet in to airplane mode
4. Restart your drone, remote and phone
5. Your drone light are solid red on front and blinking yellow (mabye green sometimes) on the back?
6. Has your drone been ever crashed / dropped / sustained any king of damage?
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 10:29
No, I havent crashed it either. And to answer your other question, I have never had a problem taking the drone off from my house which IS in an urban area. However, I have tried driving to a nearby field to take it off, and that didn't help either.

Copy all, check PM too
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-4-28 10:29

I am using the DJI Phantom 3, yes my drone is updated, do you mean put the phone in airplane mode while flying the drone?, I have tried restarting everything multiple times, yes the lights are red on front and blinking yellow on the back. No I havent dropped my drone.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-4-28 10:29

Leon good advice #6 he confirmed no crashes etc.

I would jump straight to #4 do a full and complete reboot/restart
Other recommendations and questions are useful
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 10:33
I am using the DJI Phantom 3, yes my drone is updated, do you mean put the phone in airplane mode while flying the drone?, I have tried restarting everything multiple times, yes the lights are red on front and blinking yellow on the back. No I havent dropped my drone.

Yes Airplane mode on phone
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 10:33
I am using the DJI Phantom 3, yes my drone is updated, do you mean put the phone in airplane mode while flying the drone?, I have tried restarting everything multiple times, yes the lights are red on front and blinking yellow on the back. No I havent dropped my drone.

Stupid question...you are able to start the motors correct, but no control inputs are allowed to permit takeoff, or it wont even let you start the motors?
2018-4-28
Use props
wyatt.ss
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-28 10:41
Stupid question...you are able to start the motors correct, but no control inputs are allowed to permit takeoff, or it wont even let you start the motors?

It won't even allow me to start the motors. Also, I just tried connecting with the phone in airplane mode, and I am still getting the same issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

wyatt.ss Posted at 2018-4-28 10:44
It won't even allow me to start the motors. Also, I just tried connecting with the phone in airplane mode, and I am still getting the same issue.

OK I'm afraid we aren't any closer to solving this, but here is what it looks like.
Something is not allowing satellite coverage/connection, most likely the bird's system is malfunctioning so the question is why.  It might be physical i.e. something has failed or it could be SW driven.
Also, you are getting safe flight indications on your indicator lights i.e. slow yellow in back; meaning you should be able to fly in ATTI mode.  However, it wont even allow you to start motors, let alone takeoff and fly.  This could be related to the GPS issue or separate issue and it could be a part malfunction or SW.  Not permitting motor start is possibly related to being in a restricted area or it thinking it is in one even if it is not.

I am recommending you connect to Assistant 2 and do a FW refresh with your current version and see if you can update your no fly files.  I'm sorry I can't tell you how to attempt a no fly update again if it does not happen automatically, some can but you have to have a knowledge of the SW systems and file types, I don't have either of that.  The Asst. 2 will allow a FW refresh and that is fairly straightforward and intuitive, and doing so may trigger a No Fly zone update.  IF that works super, if not then you will mostly likely need to look for repairs by either yourself (if you have the skills and time) or start a help ticket with DJI.
Sorry I could not help you resolve this...Good Luck and let us know how it goes...
2018-4-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules