NEW SPARK - SOLVED - "Aircraft is locked" - ''Cannot Takeoff''
1044710 1044710 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muhammad Al Ridha
New
Indonesia

mikiwatooo Posted at 2018-4-28 21:50
I was using the newest 4.2.12 downloaded on 26.04.2018. Android 7.0 . I can't really check if the older version works since I have already gave mine back to the store .

Are your drone can fly now??
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Muhammad Al Ridha Posted at 2018-4-29 10:30
Are your drone can fly now??

I can't fly right now, as I need Insurance / Permits here in Malta.

But after loads of discussion with people who experienced this Problem, we tried to solve it together, see Comment #18.

The Good News is, they say it Worked.

Most Important here is to help others and spread the knowledge.
2018-4-29
Use props
Reza Alhadar
New
Indonesia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 10:37
I can't fly right now, as I need Insurance / Permits here in Malta.

But after loads of discussion with people who experienced this Problem, I tried to solve it together with some others who tried the solution, see Comment #18.

Good luck for your permit in malta, i hope it will be approve.

Yes it's work, you should try this method.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Reza Alhadar Posted at 2018-4-29 11:33
Good luck for your permit in malta, i hope it will be approve.

Yes it's work, you should try this method.

Good to know, Thanks Reza.

Fly Safe Brother.
2018-4-29
Use props
Roithamer
New

Thank you for your advice, but I don't know, how to downgrade to 4.1.5. In my Play Store I can only find 4.2.12...
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Roithamer Posted at 2018-4-30 04:48
Thank you for your advice, but I don't know, how to downgrade to 4.1.5. In my Play Store I can only find 4.2.12...

Instructions where given in Comment #18

1) Reset everything by removing Wifi of AirCraft (Spark) / Wifi of Controller

2) Uninstall the DJI GO4 App / Restart Phone

3) Go to - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/

4) Download the App Version 4.1.15 (Which was a stable one with OTG Support) -
Direct LINK (For Android Phone)

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

5) And do a FRESH Install
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Roithamer Posted at 2018-4-30 04:48
Thank you for your advice, but I don't know, how to downgrade to 4.1.5. In my Play Store I can only find 4.2.12...

Use Android Phone - Google Chrome to download directly on Phone.
2018-4-30
Use props
RKSV Rhode
lvl.1

My compagny blocked the possibility to install from unknown sourches. I only can install from the official play store.
How can I fix the problem? I have an android and have my drone since today.

Maybe I can download from the store and then downgrade? How do I do that?
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

You need another Android Phone. What you can do is use another phone to setup the Spark using 4.1.15 and then do some flights. Then with the other company phone reconnect to the Spark.

Sorry there's no other way round until DJI fix this.
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

To downgrade you need the .apk which your company blocked.

All you need is some flights to get it running and unlock it. Even maybe tell a friend to help u out maybe, u know someone who has an Android and can lend it to you.

Then after u fly, install 4.2.12 on your personal company phone and connect it to your spark normally.
2018-4-30
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Just wondering if anyone tried downgrading firmware, and then updating it using DJI Assistant ?
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-30 14:08
Just wondering if anyone tried downgrading firmware, and then updating it using DJI Assistant ?

No need as this workaround worked. Just use Version 4.1.15 to setup New Spark.
2018-4-30
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

RKSV Rhode Posted at 2018-4-30 12:40
My compagny blocked the possibility to install from unknown sourches. I only can install from the official play store.
How can I fix the problem? I have an android and have my drone since today.

Is the tick mark to allow unknown sources not there?
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_nJYvGB6Sx5LS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62917 ft
United States

everything I tried to do does not work
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

What did you try to do ?

Explain please.
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_nJYvGB6Sx5LS
lvl.2
United States

I cant fined the app to downgrading  
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_nJYvGB6Sx5LS Posted at 2018-4-30 15:16
I cant fined the app to downgrading

2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_nJYvGB6Sx5LS
lvl.2
United States

sorry it was my fault I was doing it all wrong             all good....       thank you for the help ....
2018-4-30
Use props
fansc14775ad
lvl.1
United States

I am also having same issue with my spark just purchased yesterday. When connecting via RC, I get error Aircraft is locked. My android Note 8 phone cannot find the Spark WiFi. Have installed latest firmware update.
2018-4-30
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Updated and manualle. activated last thursday with ios. No problem,,
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

fansc14775ad Posted at 2018-4-30 18:17
I am also having same issue with my spark just purchased yesterday. When connecting via RC, I get error Aircraft is locked. My android Note 8 phone cannot find the Spark WiFi. Have installed latest firmware update.

Follw this -

2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-30 20:22
Updated and manualle. activated last thursday with ios. No problem,,

Did you use 4.2.12 to activate from IOS please ?

I think with IOS you did not encounter the Problem of 'Cannot Takeoff Right' ?
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. We apologized for the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to solve this as soon as possible. Please keep us updated, if there is any new problem.
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-1 01:55
Hi, all. We apologized for the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to solve this as soon as possible. Please keep us updated, if there is any new problem.

Dear Elektra,

The problem is this -

Version 4.2.12 Launched on Google Play for Android

When you have a NEW SPARK and you set it up for the first time, it is Locking the Drone and after everything is installed it is displaying the message - ''CANNOT TAKE OFF'' in the DJI GO4 App 4.2.12.

After hours hearing problems, and asking NEW SPARK OWNERS, I came up with the Solution -

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15
5) Setup the Spark Drone for First Time
6) Fly it for sometime
7) Wait a Few Days to see all is ok and do some Flights
8) If you want Upgrade back to 4.2.12 as Normal (I prefer setting AutoUpdates to Manual as this give me chance to Update with my Confirmation, but as the 4.2.12 is a Really Good Version and wish to Thank all DJI Support for helping us, its ok right now to Turn AutoUpdates on Google Play)
9) Make sure you have Firmware of Spark Updates / Remote / EACH Battery too.
10) Problem Solved.

Thats the only problem we encountered, just when SETTING UP the SPARK for the FIRST TIME, afterwards the Upgrading to 4.2.12 would not effect the Spark or LOCK IT.

What needs to be done is - Technicians must import the same procedure of Setting Up the NEW SPARK from v4.1.15 (Works Well) to the NEW VERSION v4.2.12 (Is Faulty). THATS ALL !

Please forward this to your Technical Support Team. I am an Ex IT Programmer, so I have some background about these Issues.

Thank you so much for the Help as always,

Darryl
DMX_MLT
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 02:04
Dear Elektra,

The problem is this -

Thanks for your details and attention. I would help you forward it. Any advice, please feel free to update here.
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-1 03:27
Thanks for your details and attention. I would help you forward it. Any advice, please feel free to update here.

Thanks to You Electra, for Always being Here for us DJI Users.

I really appreciate your Dedication. I am Proud to have purchased your DJI Products. Soon I will setup my Little Spark, waiting for Insurance + Permits from Transport Malta. Here I always Promote to us DJI ORIGINAL Equipment and Accessories. So I will urge users to always follow the Best Track, and use Genuine Products. Like this they will be Safe.

- I have plans in the near Future for a New Drone - The Mavic Pro 2 - I already have saved some money for it, but lets start step by step.

Thats a Secret.
2018-5-1
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-30 23:00
Did you use 4.2.12 to activate from IOS please ?

I think with IOS you did not encounter the Problem of 'Cannot Takeoff Right' ?

Hi.
Yes, i used the newest/current ios version of dji go4. And my old iphone 6 on ios 9.0.3. Manually activated, and it told i needed to update flymap or something, did that, and updated spark to newest/current firmware.... No warning or anything..only the odd no gps/atti once in a while when close to a wall or similar large objekcts.  And did a imu/compas calibration( not promted to, but just for my own ease of mind). Fly great, did fly one full battery, in 13-14 minuttes in garden, so a bit on the low side, but ok. Gesture, and follow modes work fine.
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-1 04:33
Hi.
Yes, i used the newest/current ios version of dji go4. And my old iphone 6 on ios 9.0.3. Manually activated, and it told i needed to update flymap or something, did that, and updated spark to newest/current firmware.... No warning or anything..only the odd no gps/atti once in a while when close to a wall or similar large objekcts.  And did a imu/compas calibration( not promted to, but just for my own ease of mind). Fly great, did fly one full battery, in 13-14 minuttes in garden, so a bit on the low side, but ok. Gesture, and follow modes work fine.

Hello,

Try not to fly without at least 12 Satellites GPS and a Strong Signal (Which means the Satellites are well Spaced out not in a Cluster) as that determines the GPS Position.

Walls especially concrete has metal bars in them - Concrete Rebar - stay away as they cause Compass and IMU issues and your Drone may go to ATTI Mode and drift to wall. Also avoid large metal structures like Iron Bridges, Monuments.

Thank you for your kind comment. Enjoy your flights Buddy !

DMX_MLT (Darryl)
2018-5-1
Use props
BraxXhiel
lvl.1
Philippines

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-28 14:40
Hi Michael, infact thats why I opened this Post so DJI Support can take action, all of a sudden almost everyone is complaining.

DMX_MLT. Hi. Even here in the Philippines we have the same problem. I too searched everywhere on the internet on any possible solutions. I was very frustrated and angry after buying this expensive drone. But what i did was to follow one suggestion to install the older version of the app on android. Then in an instant when i connected the drone, the remote and the phone the four solid red lights immediately change to 2 solid red fronts and flashing yellow lights and i immediately thought this is it, it will fly and it did. There is a bug somewhere in their new app. They just got to find the solutions ASAP. Because there lots of dissappointed first time DJI users here.
2018-5-1
Use props
BraxXhiel
lvl.1
Philippines

DMX_MLT. Hi. Even here in the Philippines we have the same problem. I too searched everywhere on the internet on any possible solutions. I was very frustrated and angry after buying this expensive drone. But what i did was to follow one suggestion to install the older version of the app on android. Then in an instant when i connected the drone, the remote and the phone the four solid red lights immediately change to 2 solid red fronts and flashing yellow lights and i immediately thought this is it, it will fly and it did. There is a bug somewhere in their new app. They just got to find the solutions ASAP. Because there lots of dissappointed first time DJI users here.
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Glad you fixed it too.
2018-5-1
Use props
SergioD
lvl.1
Greece

I have a brand new dji spark and "Aircraft is Locked"
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SergioD Posted at 2018-5-2 02:47

Here you go my Friend - I assume you installed DJI GO4 App from Google Play on your Android which is v4.2.12, which is giving this problem.

Dont worry. Its easy to fix -

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15
Download the App Version 4.1.15 (Which was a stable one with OTG Support) - Direct LINK (For Android Phone)
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/
5) Setup the Spark Drone for First Time
6) Fly it for sometime
7) Wait a Few Days to see all is ok and do some Flights
8) If you want Upgrade back to 4.2.12 as Normal (I prefer  setting  AutoUpdates to Manual as this give me chance to Update with  my  Confirmation, but as the 4.2.12 is a Really Good Version and wish  to  Thank all DJI Support for helping us, its ok right now to  Turn  AutoUpdates on Google Play)
9) Double Check to make sure you have Firmware of Spark Updated / Remote / EACH Battery too.
10) Problem Solved.

DMX_MLT (Darryl)
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SergioD Posted at 2018-5-2 02:47

Glad you followed the Instructions.
2018-5-2
Use props
mikiwatooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429642 ft

Does anybody know if the new version (4.2.14) solves the problem with "aircraft locked"? I am also wondering if they didn't mess up something else...
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

mikiwatooo Posted at 2018-5-5 04:14
Does anybody know if the new version (4.2.14) solves the problem with "aircraft locked"? I am also wondering if they didn't mess up something else...

Lets us know when you have some news on the update v4.2.14.

Thank you.
2018-5-5
Use props
mikiwatooo
lvl.1
Poland

I'm in Poland and can download it from play store right now. Lol
2018-5-5
Use props
Scorch
lvl.1
Germany

Any news on this matter?
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Scorch Posted at 2018-5-5 13:06
Any news on this matter?

Scorch you are Setting up a New Spark ?

Be safe use 4.1.15, then update after few days to be Safe, when a New App is launched we wait days to see the Problems and Bugs that emerge.

If you want to risk and test it, you can delete the v4.2.14, restart phone, and install the v4.1.15.

It will only make you lose some time, but you can still be about to roll back to 4.1.15.

Make sure you update Spark Firmware together with Remote + ALL Batteries via DGI Assistant 2 or the App, which ever you Prefer.
2018-5-5
Use props
mikiwatooo
lvl.1
Poland

So I've been using 4.2.14 for a 2 days and everything is working perfectly fine
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules