Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEW SPARK - SOLVED - "Aircraft is locked" - ''Cannot Takeoff''
123Next >
15967 91 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

I have noticed today almost over 5 posts with same Issues. They are installing all Latest Firmware and their Spark cannot Fly, they get a Message - "Aircraft is locked" - ''Cannot take off''.

Can you please solve this issue, many New Buyers, Including Me, need to setup my NEW Spark next week, and I am not risking to get it locked too.

1) Anyone who has recently got this message - "Aircraft is locked" - ''Cannot take off'' - kindly post here so that DJI Support will take action.
2) Anyone who has recently setup up and installed a NEW SPARK from TODAY 28/4/2018, kindly post here and share his comments if all went well.
3) Anyone with the Solution please let us know your thoughts and work around why this PROBLEM arised all of a sudden.

IMPORTANT ! - If you have a NEW SPARK, dont try to install firmware and setup up the SPARK, until we have the Go Ahead and Solution by DJI - This Post is done today 28/4/2018 - 10:30am

Update - 29/04/2018 2:00am (EU Time) - This Problems seems to have Effect on Android Users.

Update 2 - 29/04/2018 3:00am (EU Time) - This Problem is SOLVED by Downgrading Back to 4.1.15, they tried the Solution and some are saying its working and have reported to have UNLOCKED THE DRONE from 'CANNOT TAKE OFF ERROR'. Enjoy Buddies. After some flight you can easily upgrade to 4.2.12. - Enjoy - Pleasure to Help You.

Dear Elektra,

The problem is this -

Version 4.2.12 Launched on Google Play for Android

When you have a NEW SPARK and you set it up for the first time, it is Locking the Drone and after everything is installed it is displaying the message - ''CANNOT TAKE OFF'' in the DJI GO4 App 4.2.12.

After hours hearing problems, and asking NEW SPARK OWNERS, I came up with the Solution -

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15
5) Setup the Spark Drone for First Time
6) Fly it for sometime
7) Wait a Few Days to see all is ok and do some Flights
8) If you want Upgrade back to 4.2.12 as Normal (I prefer setting AutoUpdates to Manual  as this give me chance to Update with my Confirmation, but as the  4.2.12 is a Really Good Version and wish to Thank all DJI Support for  helping us, its ok right now to Turn AutoUpdates on Google Play)
9) Make sure you have Firmware of Spark Updates / Remote / EACH Battery too.
10) Problem Solved.

Thats the only problem we encountered, just when SETTING UP the SPARK  for the FIRST TIME, afterwards the Upgrading to 4.2.12 would not effect  the Spark or LOCK IT.

What needs to be done is - Technicians  must import the same procedure of Setting Up the NEW SPARK from v4.1.15  (Works Well) to the NEW VERSION v4.2.12 (Is Faulty). THATS ALL !

Please forward this to your Technical Support Team. I am an Ex IT Programmer, so I have some background about these Issues.

Thank you so much for the Help as always,

DMX_MLT (Darryl)
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

This is one example of a Guy who was effected with this Problem, installing everything and updating firmware to latest version on his NEW IN BOX - DJI SPARK.

2018-4-28
Use props
Michael Soucy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15577 ft
United States

I opened mine this morning and was prompted to update. Naturally it just felt like it should make sense to update. Now I have a nice looking brick. Glad to see it's not just me with the issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Michael Soucy Posted at 2018-4-28 11:02
I opened mine this morning and was prompted to update. Naturally it just felt like it should make sense to update. Now I have a nice looking brick. Glad to see it's not just me with the issue.

Dear Michael,

Thank you sharing your experience. So before it was working when you set it up for the first time ?

Can you please confirm what you updated, Was it the Spark Firmware only (No Batteries / Remote / Others) ?

Also if you can please tell us what Firmware you had before upgrading, and the New Firmware that is giving you this Problem.

Thanks for you time. Really obligated. If you give us more details we can do our maths and come up with solution more easily.

2018-4-28
Use props
Scorch
New
Germany

Same thing here.

Got my SPARK two days ago and have been trying to get this thing to fly ever since. Did all the Updates and read/viewed about a hundred tutorials. There is not much you can find on the internet about this issue so far, at least in german language.

Am using ANDROID (Tab and Phone). Feels like I have tried everything to make this work...checked GPS, connected different android devices, over a dozen satellites watching over my SPARK, tried all the flight modes, with or without RC, switched to 2,4G cause living in Germany, I even talked to my Spark in hopes of convincing it to take off just a little bit - nothing works for me!

(((Drone locked - cannot take off)))

DJI, please fix this asap.

2018-4-28
Use props
Scorch
New
Germany

Scorch Posted at 2018-4-28 12:02
Same thing here.

Got my SPARK two days ago and have been trying to get this thing to fly ever since. Did all the Updates and read/viewed about a hundred tutorials. There is not much you can find on the internet about this issue so far, at least in german language.

Edit: Not even the flightsimulator works for me.
2018-4-28
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Same problem here... A whole saturday of trying everything spent for nothing...

No solution :/
2018-4-28
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Scorch Posted at 2018-4-28 12:05
Edit: Not even the flightsimulator works for me.

Sign... Simulator is not working... Nothing works... Pure frustration...

Yes... still a 3th world problem here in switzerland...
2018-4-28
Use props
mikiwatooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429642 ft

Same situation here.
Haven't flown it even once. Same issue as described here. I gave the drone back to the store for replacement but unless dji fixes go 4 app it won't help a bit. Waiting for solution
2018-4-28
Use props
djiuser_l1YTCjSSrZ9r
New
Israel

Same issue with my new Spark!!!!! Disappointing
2018-4-28
Use props
Michael Soucy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15577 ft
United States

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-28 11:45
Dear Michael,

Thank you sharing your experience. So before it was working when you set it up for the first time ?

Not sure which was the default program. I never got it in the air. I updated immediately updated upon activating the drone through the app. its now on .900. I was trying to fly it through my mobile device since the remote didn't end up shipping at the same time as the drone. Seems like there are dozens having the same issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
Scorch
New
Germany

Does this issue only occur on android devices?
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Michael Soucy Posted at 2018-4-28 13:52
Not sure which was the default program. I never got it in the air. I updated immediately updated upon activating the drone through the app. its now on .900. I was trying to fly it through my mobile device since the remote didn't end up shipping at the same time as the drone. Seems like there are dozens having the same issue.

Hi Michael, infact thats why I opened this Post so DJI Support can take action, all of a sudden almost everyone is complaining.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Scorch Posted at 2018-4-28 12:02
Same thing here.

Got my SPARK two days ago and have been trying to get this thing to fly ever since. Did all the Updates and read/viewed about a hundred tutorials. There is not much you can find on the internet about this issue so far, at least in german language.

Dear Scorch,

What DJI GO4 App are you using ? 4.2.12 the New One just added on Google Play ?

Also did you upgrade everything - Spark / Controller / Batteries / Other Firmware ?

Thank you so much for the Help.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Atheist1985 Posted at 2018-4-28 12:32

Danke Atheist. DJI GO4 app is the latest version 4.2.12 ?
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

mikiwatooo Posted at 2018-4-28 12:41
Same situation here.
Haven't flown it even once. Same issue as described here. I gave the drone back to the store for replacement but unless dji fixes go 4 app it won't help a bit. Waiting for solution

What DJI Go4 app are you using ? Please report so that we can check where the problem is coming from.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

djiuser_l1YTCjSSrZ9r Posted at 2018-4-28 12:55
Same issue with my new Spark!!!!! Disappointing

Thank you kindly tell us what DJI GO4 app is it the Latest one ?
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Listen Guys, I have a small idea.

It seems that with the latest 4.2.12 App this ''CANNOT TAKE OFF'' Problem has occured more than normal.

What if you -

1) Reset everything by removing Wifi of AirCraft (Spark) / Wifi of Controller

2) Uninstall the DJI GO4 App / Restart Phone

3) Go to - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/

4) Download the App Version 4.1.15 (Which was a stable one with OTG Support) -
Direct LINK (For Android Phone)
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/

5) And do a FRESH Install

Can someone try this and report back please ? To see if the version 4.2.12 is causing the issue, as the updated version was release in Google Play few days ago.

Also please REPORT if this problem is on Android ONLY, anyone with IOS have same issue for the 'CANNOT TAKE OFF'.

Thank you so much. This was a bit hard today, as I got so many messages to read and do the Maths. But its a Pleasure to try to Solve this, even though its a Saturday !
2018-4-28
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Yes, 4.2.12
Screenshot_20180429-005255.png
2018-4-28
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Oh... I forgot sorry:

There were also problems with activating (or whatever) with qr-code.

Updated everything to the newest version before tried (and failed) to start
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Hi Atheist,

This seems a Android Problem, I tell you why. No one reported this issue from IOS, when setting up New Spark Drone fopr the First Time.

Some days ago DJI released the 4.2.12 almost everywhere now on Google Play, the first we reported it was put up on Google Play then removed right away, but was available on APK Mirror.

The problem of the 'LOCK' didnt seem happening. Else can you try as I suggested, remove everything and install version 4.1.15 from the APK Mirror Site of DJI which is still original DJI GO4.

Let me know. I know its a bit of a PAIN but at least there is possiblity it 'may' work....
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Try it out and let me know.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

This Link is for version 4.1.15 if someone want to reset and try this version -

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (1027412) (BUILT FOR ANDROID PHONE)

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Refer to my comment #18 as it looks like I solved it with downgrading to 4.1.15.

Thank you,

DMX_MLT
2018-4-28
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Damn... I'm not allowed to install any apps "not from playstore" because of my works safety standards... maybe I can get an exception on monday. I was so happy to try the spark this weekend :/
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Atheist1985 Posted at 2018-4-28 15:19
Damn... I'm not allowed to install any apps "not from playstore" because of my works safety standards... maybe I can get an exception on monday. I was so happy to try the spark this weekend :/

I can't help you out with this Atheist if your phone is a Company Phone, you must talk to them.

2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

Atheist1985 Posted at 2018-4-28 12:32

Me too, i have recieved my brand new spark just two days ago on friday night, excitedly unboxed it yesterday morning to set up it, followed thorugh the standard procedure on tutorial to update the latest firmware and no fly maps data, calibrated the imu, rc controls and compass. But....aircraft still won't take off and is locked. I do not live in a restricted area where drone flyng is forbidden. I tried to reset on dji assistant 2 but the problem still persist and unresolve. Yesterday was really a long day for me after spending many hours searching onlines for solutions to no avail.... If this is not resolve within this week, i think i might consider returning this to the seller and rent or purchase a second hand (functioning) Spark just for my holiday trip next week. I would not want to go through so much pain and trounle for this. Also, i foresee that there may be more people experiencing yhis problme becuase recently last week, there was a sale at Lazada.sg (a subsidary of Alibaba Group) and many Spark were sold from one seller.
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

I am also using an andriod version 7.

By the way, how do u reset your Spark before reinstalling it with the older version as mentioned above?
2018-4-28
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

As a new user of dji product, this is the worst experience. You spent a lot of money and what i get is an locked drone. I post my SN, i posted my screenshots,,
I did everything for hours and hours,, but still my drone couldn't fly
1524880713434.jpg
1524968746966.jpg
1524890085882.jpg
1524889344956.jpg
2018-4-28
Use props
judgemstr
lvl.2
United States

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.
2018-4-28
Use props
mikiwatooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429642 ft

I was using the newest 4.2.12 downloaded on 26.04.2018. Android 7.0 . I can't really check if the older version works since I have already gave mine back to the store .
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

judgemstr Posted at 2018-4-28 21:07
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.

Hey guys, check out this link from judgemstr. Delete the latest version of DJI Go 4 and download the one from the link. IT works for me and my spark is able to zip off to the sky now!!

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

But still, i think dji should review on this matter on the other hand in the meantime.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 22:45
Hey guys, check out this link from judgemstr. Delete the latest version of DJI Go 4 and download the one from the link. IT works for me and my spark is able to zip off to the sky now!!
Thank you Guys for trying it.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Now as it seems this Downgrading has Solved the Problem of the 'AIRCRAFT LOCK' using the 4.1.15 to Setup there First Flight without the 'Cannot TakeOff Message'.

---> I gave the instructions what to do in Comment #18, for those who haven't yet tried it.

I would give it a Try and Update to latest Version to 4.2.12. Many guys who where on the 4.1.15 reported that 4.2.12 is Very Stable and also we wanted DJI to address the OTG issue, where many have prefered not to upgrade and stay on the 4.1.15 as it had no issues with OTG Cable Support.

USE GOOGLE PLAY and Turn On Automatic Updates again to Install the Latest Built. Which is - 4.2.12 Bulit 2031018

Also after upgrading to 4.2.12 then Update also Spark Firmware / !! EACH !! Battery / Remote / Etc. to all Latest Updates, before Flying.

Happy Flying, if you have more problems let me know Guys.

Have a Nice Weekend.

DMX_MLT
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

Thank you for testing and reverting to 4.1.15

After some flights you are FREE to turn on Automatic Updates and Update everything - DJI GO4 via Google Play, Firmware of Spark / Batteries / Remote / Etc....

Kindly keep us posted if all is ok. Thank you.

2018-4-29
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

So 4.2.12 is a problem for android spark users??
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

rimza Posted at 2018-4-29 07:28
So 4.2.12 is a problem for android spark users??

Are you installing Drone for First Time, Setting it Up ?

If you are already flying it, it seems you can easily upgrade to 4.2.12 without worries.

The problem was for installing the Spark First Time and Connecting with the DJI GO4 App when Android Users used the 4.2.12 from Google Store which was released days ago.

You dont need to worry Rimza, many are reporting in my Post Re Version 4.2.12 thats its Great even with OTG Support, for those who had the Spark already Flying.

Special Thanks to the DJI Support who really Care about Us and listened to our Prayers !

2018-4-29
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Duly noted. thanks DMX_MLT
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

rimza Posted at 2018-4-29 08:22
Duly noted. thanks DMX_MLT

You are more than Welcome Brother !
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
Second Officer
Malta

This Problem is SOLVED -

If you having the issue of 'CANNOT TAKE OFF'.

Kindly use Version DJI GO4 4.1.15 to Setup the First Time, then leave a day or more and Upgrade as Normal to your Favorite DJI GO4 App Version, after you have done some Positive Flights with Version 4.1.15. Then you can use 4.2.12 as many have found it very stable and set Automatic Update On via your Google Play. Enjoy.

All the instructions you can find in Comment #18.

Fast Link to the APK v4.1.15 -

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

Thank You.

DMX_MLT
2018-4-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules