Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Your X5R might be stolen property
421 3 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

There's a chance that your X5R is stolen property.

I sent my mint condition X5R into DJI to have the firmware rolled back. It was in perfect condition and did not need repair, it was NOT under warranty. DJI "replaced" it with a terrible condition X5R that didn't even work. I told them the issue and they said to send in their bad X5R, to receive mine back. Well, I sent it in about 4 weeks ago and DJI has yet to give me a single response or update on my case. I've called, messaged, and emailed every single day. On the chat, I'm told, they no longer have my X5R and can't send a replacement because it's not under warranty and then they promise I'll receive a call from their "upper management". However, it's been 4 weeks of that and no calls.

So, I'm about to report it as stolen to collect insurance. When I do, it means whoever is in posession of the X5R with my serial number, is in posession of stolen property because of DJI. I'll be sharing the serial on all the drone forums once I've reported it stolen. If you're in posession of my production equipment, please do the legal thing and let me know.

2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to read on your unfortunate experience with our repair center, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, per the system, you had a previous repair on CAS-858811-G3J0M7 which was created on 2017/8/3, in this case, the gimbal didn't work well, the issue cannot be sorted out by downgrading the firmware but need repair service after the damage assessment. According to DJI After-Sales Policy, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired.
GTScreenshot_20180429_103434.png
The second time you contacted us, another case CAS-1060501-G7Q9T1 was created on 10/2/17 however you never sent the unit in until on 2018/4/6 with CAS-1630111-Z5L5K1, too much time has past, in this situation, we are unable to send back your original one or a brand-new camera, we apologize for what happened, a better resolution has been provided by our management team, hope you can consider it. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-28
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI Mindy, thank you for looking into this. I've spent the last 4 weeks calling and emailing DJI every single day and never received a response anywhere close to this. I really appreciate you looking into this and taking time to respond!! I will definitely be documenting this conversation and I REALLY appreciate your help!!

"you had a previous repair on CAS-858811-G3J0M7 which was created on 2017/8/3, in this case, the gimbal didn't work well" This is when I sent in my MINT condition X5R. However, the gimbal DID work well. My X5R was in PERFECT condition and worked perfectly. I did a firmware update and it still worked great on my Inspire, but was having in issue with my osmo handle. Other customers had this SAME issue and were able to downgrade their firmware to fix the problem. The only way to do this was to send it in to DJI. Please note: this X5R was NOT under warranty. The after-sales policy that you're referring to is for "warranty repairs" and my X5R was NOT within a warranty period.

You're also correct that on 10/2/17 I informed you of everything that happened. Your team immediately saw their mistake, and asked me to send the bad unit in.
This means, an employee at DJI was aware they were in possession of stolen property at this point. Waiting for me to send a unit in, is NOT necessary. They should have returned my unit IMMEDIATELY whether I had sent in the other unit or not. You having my stolen property for several months, doesn't make it belong to you afterwards. If anything, you having it in your possession for a longer period of time means that you owe me a much higher rental fee then if you had immediately returned it.

When I did send it in, I didn't recieve a single response regarding my case, and it's been 4 weeks!!
I understand if you can't return my original X5R. Please note, I'm NOT asking for a NEW one, and never did. I'm asking for a replacement in good cosmetic condition. It doesn't even need to look as nice as the one that I originally sent in, it just needs to be in working condition. The X5R that you guys sent me, was in the worst condition I've ever seen any piece of production equipment. I can't even comprehend how you could create so many scratches, not to mention the unit didn't even work. I was hired for a HUGE shoot because of my X5R and the camera didn't work. I used a mavic as a backup & it completely destroyed my relationship with that client. The unit that you sent me as a "replacement" was in TERRIBLE cosmetic condition and although it worked in my first test, it reported SSD errors for my shoot and there was nothing I could do to fix it. I'm not asking for a NEW unit. I'm not even requiring back my MINT condition X5R that you had NO right to steal, and no it was not broken. All that I'm asking for is a working X5R that's in decent cosmetic condition.

"a better resolution has been provided by our management team" if you're talking about a 30% off discount on repairing a camera that doesn't belong to me, then I don't think you understood the situation.
Imagine you buy a brand new car and take it to a dealership for a car wash. They steal your car and give you a piece of crap that doesn't even work. They then tell you that a "better resolution" then receiving back your car is to PAY them to fix the car that doesn't even belong to you!
What DJI is suggesting as a "resolution" is so absurd that it's difficult to even comprehend!

Guess what, out of desperation I paid your illegal ransom. I went ahead and did the "resolution". Yes, I paid DJI an invoice for an X5R that is not even mine, because on a chat system I was told that I could receive a replacement if I paid their illegal ransom. However, I received an automated response today that you plan to send back the X5R that's in terrible cosmetic condition. I never sent it in for repair, I sent it in because it was an unacceptable replacement and I WILL NOT receive it. If you send back the X5R serial 06TDDD07020187, then I will be sending it right back into DJI because that is who it belongs to.

I'm NOT asking for a NEW unit. I'm asking for a decent replacement that WORKS and that is in good cosmetic condition.
So now that you've stolen my mint condition X5R that did NOT need repair and was NOT under warranty. Now that you've agreed to stealing it on 10/2 and now that I've also paid your $200 ransom on TOP of it all, what will DJI do?

Just send me a good condition X5R replacement and I'll consider this settled.
I mean, I'll still be mad at DJI but I will no longer have the need to fix the issue myself. If you make me fix this myself, I have a larger social following than DJI and I have a very newsworthy story. I know that I can find my X5R on my own, unit 06TDDC21020111

I'm sorry for the frustration, this has REALLY hurt my production company. I've lost $14,000 of contracted work because of DJI's repeated mistakes. It also really triggles the Justice bone in my because DJI is sending me ads for their refurbished line "As good as new" and I know that I'm not DJI's only victim. Your repair team is stealing mint condition units and replacing them with bad cosmetic units, so that they can sell reburbished units in "as good as new" condition. It's illegal and it's going to hurt you in the end.

Please do the right thing. You stole my mint condition X5R that was in perfect condition. I've done everything you've asked. I even paid your illegal ransom money. I'm NOT asking for a new unit, I don't even need my original X5R. All that I'm asking for is a good condition X5R in good cosmetic condition.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

X5R forum Posted at 2018-5-1 09:32
Hey DJI Mindy, thank you for looking into this. I've spent the last 4 weeks calling and emailing DJI every single day and never received a response anywhere close to this. I really appreciate you looking into this and taking time to respond!! I will definitely be documenting this conversation and I REALLY appreciate your help!!

"you had a previous repair on CAS-858811-G3J0M7 which was created on 2017/8/3, in this case, the gimbal didn't work well" This is when I sent in my MINT condition X5R. However, the gimbal DID work well. My X5R was in PERFECT condition and worked perfectly. I did a firmware update and it still worked great on my Inspire, but was having in issue with my osmo handle. Other customers had this SAME issue and were able to downgrade their firmware to fix the problem. The only way to do this was to send it in to DJI. Please note: this X5R was NOT under warranty. The after-sales policy that you're referring to is for "warranty repairs" and my X5R was NOT within a warranty period.

We totally understand your frustration, it is recommended to contact us immediately when the device doesn't work well and follow up our support's suggestion to get the issue sorted out as soon as possible, we do not want to see this issue happen again either and will keep improving our After-sales policy and quality evaluation.
The device has been shipped out, hope you will receive it soon and no more issues. We apologize again for the trouble that has been caused.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules