Weak Image Transmission After New FW Update
808 9 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1455997 ft
United States

After the new fireware update I have had multiple issue. I have  already seen forums discussing the issue where the camera will yaw on landing and sometimes in the air. I have not seen anything on an issue I am having when the camera is in still mode. When I am shooting stills, the display is very laggy on my ipad but when I switch over to video, its fine. When in still mode, it also gives me a weak image transmission warning. Im guessing that why the display is so laggy.

Has anyone else had this issue?
2018-4-28
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Release Notes ask that you Calibrate everything after the update. That may resolve your issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
United States

I have calibrated the compass and IMU. I will try the vision system too.

Thanks.
2018-4-28
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the standard RC, or Cendence (with patch antenna)? I've always had laggy video when doing 5-shot AEB while the files are being written to the SD card. But this appears to be the same before and after the 2018-04 firmware update.
2018-4-28
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
United States

I am using the standard RC. I am not shooting bracketed. It is much worse now after the update. Same card as before.
2018-4-28
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kestrel Image Posted at 2018-4-28 20:27
I am using the standard RC. I am not shooting bracketed. It is much worse now after the update. Same card as before.

Have you checked if it flipped from 2.4 GHz to 5.8, or vice versa?
2018-4-28
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
United States

I haven’t. I just have that in auto. I’ve never had an issue with that before. The part that I’m questioning is why video mode is perfect but then stills are giving me an issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kestrel Image Posted at 2018-4-28 20:32
I haven’t. I just have that in auto. I’ve never had an issue with that before. The part that I’m questioning is why video mode is perfect but then stills are giving me an issue.

Please provide us the screenshot of your firmware info. It will be helpful that you record a video of the situation. Please keep us updated, if the problem remains.
2018-4-29
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-29 19:15
Please provide us the screenshot of your firmware info. It will be helpful that you record a video of the situation. Please keep us updated, if the problem remains.

When you ask for a screenshot of the firmware, what are you referring to? Is it the firmware in DJI assistant 2 or something in the app?
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Kestrel Image Posted at 2018-4-30 05:10
When you ask for a screenshot of the firmware, what are you referring to? Is it the firmware in DJI assistant 2 or something in the app?

Please enter the general setting- about and find the firmware info in the app. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules