Airplane Mode
1055 10 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PMG
lvl.3
Canada

Tad confused on this whole airplane phone mode.I am using a Iphone 7 and wondering if I should be putting my phone in airplane mode before flying or not? Does it make any difference in preformance range etc?
Thanks
2018-4-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

For me it makes a difference between getting iphone to RC disconnects or not.  I know not everyone does but my iPhone 6 plus seems to interfere with my RC unless in AP mode.  I also figure it is much safer to not possibly get phone calls/texts, and other annoying pop-ups while flying.  Sorry but a $1000 they can wait till I am done flying
2018-4-29
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

it's more safe the flight in airplane mode
2018-4-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I only fly in airplane mode.
2018-4-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I'm with Sparks, for that amount of money in the Air, Anyone can wait till I'm done flying
2018-4-29
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

I m confused.. Air plane mode turn off gps. No data no gps on my android.
2018-4-29
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

I just turn off WiFi and Bluetooth as they're the most likely to interfere, but leave mobile data and GPS on.
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can switch the mobile device to Airplane mode if needed, it might make some effects in some cases, better make sure that you would not miss the important phone call.
2018-5-6
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I bet most of the disconnects from new flyers are due to NOT putting the phone in Airplane mode - makes a huge difference, should be mandatory!
2018-5-6
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

OldFaflyers Posted at 2018-4-29 12:42
I m confused.. Air plane mode turn off gps. No data no gps on my android.

Yes, that's why you load the map first, then turn it into flight mode. No GPS needed then, since the map stays loaded.
2018-5-6
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

I was at a model plane club yesterday. First thing I was told. Leave your phone in the car as it had been known to interfere with their controllers in the past. But they did let me fly my drone when I told them it was in aeroplane mode and I needed it to fly my drone. For fun, I loved the way they did aerobatics with the fixed wing but drones are made for video and photography. Two completely different disciplines.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules