5279 8 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ccrisdji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6132 ft
United States

I would like to ask DJI moderators and management the following question:
The Assistant 2 software install DOES NOT work in Windows 10.
There have been many postings, going back over 1 year about this issue.  I am inclied to believe you know very well the issue: some (perhaps 2) drivers do not install under Windows 10 because they are not signed properly.
I entered the DJI universe by using and setting up the DJI Goggles RE.
Absolutely NOWHERE in the DJI Goggles documentation does it say that the Assistant 2 install DOES NOT work in Windows 10.  I double checked.
On the contrary, the user manual states that "DJI Assistant 2 supports Windows 7 (or later).

Why is it that the DJI company provides to the general public a non-working install?
Even if there is an already printed manual, most companies that offer decent technical support would have a big yellow notice affixed to the manual, stating:
ATTENTION:  When trying to install Assistant 2 under Windows 10 the installation will fail.  You need to do...this...and...that.
It really wastes a lot of time for the consumer to first attempt a failed installation (several times), do research and find another user's suggestions on how to address this issue and a workaround.  Why couldn't DJI inform the public about this (and the workaround) in the product documentation?

Why is it that DJI issues firmware updates regularly, as needed, to correct defficiencies and add new features, but so far in over 1 year DJI did not address the failure to install under Windows 10 or provide their customers with a workaround?  Perhaps there are not enough Windows 10 users out there?  I doubt it.  Everyone buying a new laptop or PC gets Windows 10 these days.

Perhaps DJI is not aware of this issue.  Are you aware of this issue at DJI?
Why have you not addressed it?

Thanks you for your attention.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please tell me the version of your DJI Assistant 2. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings, I would help you forward your idea and feedback. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-30
Use props
ccrisdji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6132 ft
United States

Thanks for looking into this and writing back.

It is the latest version of the Assistant 2 offered on your downloads page at
DJI GOGGLES REDOWNLOADS
dated 2018-03-23
I really don't think the version matters since this is an issue 1 year old, that was pointed out by many.
So the correct answer to the "version" question would probably be:
"All versions of Assistant DJI put out in the last 1 year".

The issue is not so much version-related.  It is that the software includes unsigned (or improperly signed) driver (dll ?) files and Windows 10, by default, will not install unsigned or improperly signed drivers.  The install will fail for ALL Windows 10 (Pro 64 bit?) users without using workarounds (some suggested installing with admin privileges, I have tried and that also failed).  Ideally, you should fix the software so the install will not fail by default.  Alternatively, if you cannot fix it, you should provide clear instructions both on your web site and attached to the owners manual on how to modify the default Windows installation to allow install of DJI Assistant 2.

This has been pointed out in many postings going back over 1 year, such as:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-94499-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-120831-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-115902-1-1.html
etc.
so it should not come as a surprise.  
What is surprising is that  nobody at DJI is using Windows 10 and nobody at DJI has ever tried to install (and fail) on Windows 10.

Thanks again, on behalf of your customers, for taking care and fixing this.

Could you please be so kind to inform me (and your customers as this is of interest to thousands) when this issue will actually be fixed.  

Best wishes,

CC
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_t6Q7AZy2UBts
New

United States

Has there been  a resolve to this issue. I am unable to use the product without updating using my windows 10pc. any resolutions?  Thanks
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_t6Q7AZy2UBts
New

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 01:18
Please tell me the version of your DJI Assistant 2. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings, I would help you forward your idea and feedback. Thanks for your support.

what is the resolution for the assistant running on windows 10?
2018-10-10
Use props
thommo8245
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
Today’s date is 14/3/2019 and I have spent hundreds of pounds to buy Dji goggles that I can’t use because this issue still exists.
What is being done?
2019-3-14
Use props
djiuser_uELPbiNmd8ge
New
Flight distance : 153199 ft
Belgium

Same Problem here I can not install DJI-assistent-2 on my windows 10 device. Is there any resolution yet or when will it come?
2019-3-15
Use props
Tyler Kelly
New

United States

I’m having the same problem.  I’ve tried it on two of my different PCs that both have windows 10 and the install of DJI Assistant fails.  Perhaps the software should be rebranded “DJI Disabler 2”

DJI please fix this issue as you make great physical products but apparently terrible software.
2019-3-19
Use props
4Pro_Moverio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

Is now 3/24/2019? Old nor new versions working!

I too am suffering from same issue. N
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules