Phantom 4 Battery Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>

I have a Phantom 4 battery that I purchased awhile back and my Phantom 4 says it's not a genuine battery.  It was ordered from NewEgg and the serial number looks like this - see attached.
Can anyone help me figure out if this is a genuine battery and how it can be fixed?  I've never been able to fly with it.

Thanks,
Scott

IMG_1229.jpg
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I think that genuine or not the issue is its not working. Have you tried returning to the supplier or at least contacting them?
2018-4-29
Use props
Scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-29 13:45
I think that genuine or not the issue is its not working. Have you tried returning to the supplier or at least contacting them?

I haven't contacted them yet.  Unfortunately it was purchased over a year ago, so I'm not sure if they'd be willing to do anything for me.

Scott
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Unfortunately buying over the internet comes with risks if your not buying from an authorised dji seller then chances are it may not be genuine.
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

You only get 6 mnths warranty on batteries i believe so i think your better to just cut your loss on this one and buy a genuine one from dji direct or one of their resellers at least you will have the peace of mind that it will come with warranty
2018-4-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Newegg is an authorized DJI retailer.  I bought my P3P from them.  I think the battery is probably legit.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-29 14:27
Newegg is an authorized DJI retailer.  I bought my P3P from them.  I think the battery is probably legit.

Ahh ok but will still be out of warranty by now anyway
2018-4-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

What does your P4P say about it?
If used between your different P4 models, there might be a issue with the FW on the battery as sometimes the version differ from one P4 model to the other, if i remember right Punchbuggy has had a lot of 'fun' with this.
Can you do anything with this bat, you could try refreshing the current FW while it is in the craft and see if that makes any difference. At least it should do no harm.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Scott, please try to unplug the battery and ensure it is mounted tightly, clean the battery if it is dusty, or try to refresh the latest firmware for this battery via the DJI Assistant 2, see if it helps.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules