1100 9 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quzkaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174757 ft

Hi everyone,

I am using a Phantom 4 Pro+ and having the following issue with my drone:
Every time I take off I get this message sooner or later during the flight: Ultrasonic sensor error. Land immediately.
At about 30 meters height the vps shows 12-15 meters however the ground was perfectly plain during the flight. It sometimes tend to drop the value in a way that is not in connection with the real height of the drone. If I am flying near the ground (<5 meters height) it shows a seemingly valid value. Terrain follow also works the way it should.

Interestingly, I tried the drone at Location A every time during the solving process. The error always came up. Then I had to try it at Location B for one time at that was the only flight when no ultrasonic error came up. Moving back to Location A and it’s there again.

I’ve tried IMU and Compass calibration and got no results. Can I do anything more before contacting DJI Support for starting the warranty process?
Thank you in order,
2018-4-29
Use props
quzkaa
lvl.2

I also found threads discussing the same issue. So far I thought is is a hardware promblem, but a lot of people are complaining about it since the new upgrades...
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Interesting that it happens at site a and not at site b have you tried flying at other locations? Do you still get the same error?
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we've received some feedback about this error on various occasions, but still need more data for analysis. Could you refer the tutorial video and export the flight logs when the issue appears? Thanks so much!
2018-4-30
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 00:55
Hi there, we've received some feedback about this error on various occasions, but still need more data for analysis. Could you refer the tutorial video and export the flight logs when the issue appears? Thanks so much!
https://youtu.be/SMb1RD5pPOg

I had this ultrasonic error after upgrading firmware.
Susan, as you instructed in other post, after refreshing the lates firmware, so far, I had no more ultrasonic error.
2018-4-30
Use props
quzkaa
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 00:55
Hi there, we've received some feedback about this error on various occasions, but still need more data for analysis. Could you refer the tutorial video and export the flight logs when the issue appears? Thanks so much!
https://youtu.be/SMb1RD5pPOg

Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... YdAHWeZZwDC_CGSlrlB
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-4-30 07:57
I had this ultrasonic error after upgrading firmware.
Susan, as you instructed in other post, after refreshing the lates firmware, so far, I had no more ultrasonic error.

All right! Thanks for keeping us updated.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

quzkaa Posted at 2018-5-1 05:56
Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IvHPAJq9-GWKHYdAHWeZZwDC_CGSlrlB

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for analysis and will keep you posted.
2018-5-7
Use props
Beej11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389239 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-7 04:00
Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for analysis and will keep you posted.

Is there any solution to this? I have the latest update and still get the error message on about half the time.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Beej11 Posted at 2018-7-4 14:59
Is there any solution to this? I have the latest update and still get the error message on about half the time.

Thank you so much for your patience! I just got the latest news from our engineers that the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P. Could you leave your DJI Account here, we'll collect and forward to the right team to add you in the beta test. Any feedback will be appreciated.  
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules